CB/HAM/GMRS Installation(s)?

NatesDad

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 7.3
Howdy all,

Checking to see if anyone here has attempted to or figured out how to mount a 2 way radio antenna on these beasts? On my '10 F150, I drilled an NMO through the roof and was good to go; but with these aluminum bodies, I'm not sure NMOs are going to be an option. I have a local Public Safety 2 way shop that I still have to contact, but have always done my own installs so I figured I would check here first.

I'm sure there is a fender mount that bolts under the hood, but that's great for one antenna. I'm thinking about running a minimum of 2 and max of 4.
-2m/440 dual band
-440 mono band
-CB
-HF (maybe)

Thanks for your input.

I remember seeing somewhere that there is a 3rd brake light that has optional radio antenna mounts but I didn’t recall how many or who makes it.
Anybody have the link to that part?

Howdy all,

Checking to see if anyone here has attempted to or figured out how to mount a 2 way radio antenna on these beasts? On my '10 F150, I drilled an NMO through the roof and was good to go; but with these aluminum bodies, I'm not sure NMOs are going to be an option. I have a local Public Safety 2 way shop that I still have to contact, but have always done my own installs so I figured I would check here first.

I'm sure there is a fender mount that bolts under the hood, but that's great for one antenna. I'm thinking about running a minimum of 2 and max of 4.
-2m/440 dual band
-440 mono band
-CB
-HF (maybe)

Thanks for your input.
Found it, it was this one. Not sure if this will work for you or not.

this one will allow you to retain your existing 3rd brake light if you don't want to us GJ-Motorsports 3rd brake light.. I personally love mine.

Dude ....I have posted 3 threads so far.....don't drill into your truck......You can mount the antenna in or around the bed. The cable can be run into the cab thru the factory provided 1 inch hole. It is in the floor pan where the drivers pinky toe sits if you put your feet flat on the floor. Left foot!! There is another hole on the front passenger side....same place....rest is cake....search CB Radio on the site.....Can't give you any more cause my power is knocked out and I am on my tablet.....now I am gonna finnish my bourbon and go to bed.

OK I lied......have more bourbon......I have a tool box in my bed so I mounted a firestick non ground plane antenna to it.....and ran the cable under the truck and into the hole described above....no drilling!!!!!!!.......wish I had power....was watching star trek discovery!

OK I lied......have more bourbon......I have a tool box in my bed so I mounted a firestick non ground plane antenna to it.....and ran the cable under the truck and into the hole described above....no drilling!!!!!!!.......wish I had power....was watching star trek discovery!
Hey HAPPY MOTHER FUCKING BIRTHDAY DAVID. WOOH MOTHER FUCKING HOOH.
YEAH MAN ????????

one more thing.....without spending a month under my truck rolling around like an arthritic beached whale.....those two holes are the only holes in the floor pan near as I can tell

Thanks for the links, that might be a last resort option.

Worst case, I can always sink a ball mount through the bumper.
I will link or show u my install tomorrow when my power is restored,,

Howdy all,

-2m/440 dual band
-440 mono band
-CB
-HF (maybe)

Thanks for your input.

Here is one CB Radio Thread......

I know about the cab grommets on the floor on each side but has anyone found any grommets in the back corners of the cab behind the plastic trim. Apparently the 150's had them but I can't remember when they started sharing the same cab. I took a quick look but didn't see anything but I didn't pull the trim off.

I know about the cab grommets on the floor on each side but has anyone found any grommets in the back corners of the cab behind the plastic trim. Apparently the 150's had them but I can't remember when they started sharing the same cab. I took a quick look but didn't see anything but I didn't pull the trim off.

I don't think they are there...there is an air vent on each side at the back....but I didn't want to interfere with them closing creating a water leak situation. The 2014 F150 had holes in the rocker channels at the back door openings too....but didn't see any in the 2020 SD.

I don't think they are there...there is an air vent on each side at the back....but I didn't want to interfere with them closing creating a water leak situation. The 2014 F150 had holes in the rocker channels at the back door openings too....but didn't see any in the 2020 SD.

On my '08 350 and '10 150, I used those air vents you speak of to route the coax into the cab; I had the RF decks mounted on the rear firewall(?) behind the back seat. Never had any water ingress issues.

Back