Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Current Ride #2
Too many toyz that are ever changing to list :)
I notice everyone with regular non-tremors get caster shims when they do a 2.5 level. From what I've read Ford doesnt give enough caster adjustment and thats why the shims are needed to get the alignment right.

With the Tremor having a factory lift I wonder if Ford added more caster adjustability to account for the lift. Not having the caster right will make the steering wonder.

I have read a very small few Tremor owner saying the vehicle did not handle well over 75-80 and was thinking maybe this was why. It would be an easy fix to get the shims, but still would hope Ford would have thought of this.

The Suspension article from yesterday talked about the caster. Check it out on another thread.

I notice everyone with regular non-tremors get caster shims when they do a 2.5 level. From what I've read Ford doesnt give enough caster adjustment and thats why the shims are needed to get the alignment right.

With the Tremor having a factory lift I wonder if Ford added more caster adjustability to account for the lift. Not having the caster right will make the steering wonder.

I have read a very small few Tremor owner saying the vehicle did not handle well over 75-80 and was thinking maybe this was why. It would be an easy fix to get the shims, but still would hope Ford would have thought of this.
Went well over 80 yesterday with zero handling problems, was in 4H in slippery mode.

The Suspension article from yesterday talked about the caster. Check it out on another thread.

The only thing he said was that it wasn't adjustable... which right there tells me he does not not know what he's talking about. Of Course it has caster adjustment! You can see the adjustment nut in the photo that he says "No other alignment adjustments are possible because it’s all built into the axle housing,"

The only thing he said was that it wasn't adjustable... which right there tells me he does not not know what he's talking about. Of Course it has caster adjustment! You can see the adjustment nut in the photo that he says "No other alignment adjustments are possible because it’s all built into the axle housing,"
They don't give you much castor on big trucks. There may be a kit that you can add to give you a bit more adjustment. I added one to my Raptor when we lifted it and added 37s, however its a completely different front end. Main reason why I won't lift my Tremor. Maybe wider rims and tires but I don't want to mess with the "arms" and other geometry on the super duty.

Back