Carpet delete?

Gambler72

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
How many folks out there passed on carpet? I never thought about having the carpet removed until I saw a gentleman talk about it on a Tremor FB page, now I’m thinking it makes a lot of sense. Even if you never plan to take your truck out to the woods or beach or anywhere muddy (haha) the vinyl floor would clean up so mich easier, and let’s be honest most of us use some form of rubber mats to save the carpet anyway....

hmmmm

I personally like my Weather Tech floor pans ( mats ) I believe the carpet is a good sound insulator and I can remove the mats and use my light pressure washer on them. Plus in a few years if they look bad can be replaced.

My work vans have the vinyl floors and it gets loud in there going down the freeway but its not comparable to an XLT, Lariat or high line SD. They do look shitty after a few seasons. But nobody cares its a work van.

I ditched the carpet and am glad i did!!!!
We work in mud alot...and found it hard to keep clean...even with weathertec mats.
I don't miss it..and looks wise nobody even noticed.

Did you order it that way or change it out after the fact?
i have carpet in my F150 and have weather tech mats and i hate having the carpet always dirty and wet and weather tech mats are good enough and with my F350 i went no carpet so i don;t have to spend $200 on weather tech mat to not work and destroy the carpet and the vinyl floor is easy to replace if you can put a few hours into doing it .... i also hating have carpet in my jeep always causes rust ... so i bed liner them but that just what i do. also being military wearing boots all the time and always have shit and crap on my boots and don't look and get in the truck ... so it is personal preference i believe.

Yes, it is easier to clean but you may have more road noise but i have a nice sound system to get rid of road noise so the easier cleaning is my vote over having to get a carpet cleaner in there every month to clean them, also the weather tech mats start to curl up after a while and don't cover the surface 100% like brand new and that after a year of every day use. t

Some one posted recently that they got the carpet delete, and the vinyl on the floor looked awesome.

Check the no carpet look

I ordered mine without carpet and am glad I did. Run dirt roads every week as well as do a lot of dog training and hunting. I do have Husky mats front and back, but even though the mats (WeatherTech included) cover as much as they do...it's so much easier to clean.

C206E240-B9DF-467C-995C-3B1310AC9077.jpeg
62CC17B6-1859-4B1D-829D-2AA2F3EB0055.jpeg

It made so much sense to drop the carpet for my build. Living in an area with snow,salt,dirt,slush and having kids and horses,…just begs for carpet delete. No more carpet shampoo sessions for me.

I dropped the carpet but my KR is supposed to come with both all weather and carpeted floor mats. We will see in about a month. I have been reassured by many on here and at different dealers that the sound insulation is very similar between the vinyl and carpeted interiors. They add more sound dampening to the upper end models than the work trucks I'm told.

I'll let you know after my 1,000 miles break in I'll do in a couple days.. lol.

Being out on the farm was very hard on me to keep the carpet clean even with weathertech floor mats. I am hoping the vinyl holds up better than the carpet did.

I dropped the carpet but my KR is supposed to come with both all weather and carpeted floor mats. We will see in about a month. I have been reassured by many on here and at different dealers that the sound insulation is very similar between the vinyl and carpeted interiors. They add more sound dampening to the upper end models than the work trucks I'm told.

Being out on the farm was very hard on me to keep the carpet clean even with weathertech floor mats. I am hoping the vinyl holds up better than the carpet did.
What I have seen is under the rubber that replaces the carpet is a felt like liner/padding. It’s the same as the one under the carpet. That’s where the sound is reduced. 😎👍🏻

I think you will be pleased. I installed Weathertech mats to the vinyl anyway, just easier dump the crap out of the floor board.

Back