Carpet Delete?

Sunroof is an option on KR, at least was on the 2020. You do get it with the KR Ulitmate package though so not sure if you can get Adaptive Cruise separately.

I bought off the lot so mine does have the sun roof (and ultimate packate) unfortunately but I hope if I never touch it it will be ok.

I just wanted to reply to your comment to correct an assumption my dealer made that apparently isn't true. @LVRaider says that his 2021 KR Tremor was carpet deleted. So your friend's truck should be as well assuming he ordered it accordingly. Sorry for any confusion and I'm glad my friend was wrong!
Thanks, he will be a happy camper. That is until I steal his multi contour seats for my Lariat :ROFLMAO:.

So, this a.m. is the first time you can build a 2021 Super Duty on Ford's site. I decided to build mine although I placed the order about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I don't want carpet in mine. I chose "Floor Covering-Vinyl" as an option and it automatically added "All-Weather Floor Mats." In the interior image of the build it didn't delete the carpet but only added vinyl floor mats. Can anyone confirm (before I reach out to the dealer) that "Floor-Covering-Vinyl" is not only vinyl floor mats but also a carpet delete? I really don't want carpet inside if I can avoid it. Thanks!View attachment 8452
Carpet Delete and vinyl floor mats are different packages. Vinyl still comes with carpet

Carpet Delete and vinyl floor mats are different packages. Vinyl still come
Carpet Delete and vinyl floor mats are different packages. Vinyl still comes with carpet
There isn't a "Carpet Delete" option on the build site (at least not for KR). Vinyl floor looks like the only option. However, earlier in this string @LVRaider showed pics of his 2021 KR with no carpet. I'm confused. If vinyl floor doesn't mean carpet delete, how did he order it? Am I not seeing carpet delete in the builder? In any case, truck should be here early next week and then we'll know for sure.

Interior summary of my Build & Price:
Screenshot_20210130-074424.png
Screenshot_20210130-074442.png

Just curious if the sunroof hate is for a specific reason or problem you've had or just want to avoid potential problems? I've only had a couple and both were ford vehicles but other than a clogged drain hole, I've never had a problem.
The clogged drain seems to be a ongoing issue. I have a sunroof on my 250. Ordered my 350 without it

I can see how it doesn't make sense for some. And to your point, if I intend to leave the shade open to let the sunlight in here in FL, I MUST get ceramic tint installed or my forehead will blister. I just hope that others aren't "looking" for problems because they "heard" of someone else that had a problem. I would guess that more people on this site have complained about sunroofs as apposed those that appreciate them. I'm just curious why. To the uneducated person you may think there are widespread malfunctions. I'm just trying to narrow down actual cases of malfunction rather than negative opinion. The points you made would likely steer me away as well. *tip of cap to you, Sir.
Actual case. 2019 f250 lariat diesel

Attachments

• E7BA36F1-DC83-4E58-BA0D-E846A88A5A8F.png
    E7BA36F1-DC83-4E58-BA0D-E846A88A5A8F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
  • 4CC48C9C-706A-4D48-B79A-8DB2EEE27865.png
    4CC48C9C-706A-4D48-B79A-8DB2EEE27865.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
That's weird I was able to choose carpet delete. It took 50.00 dollars off too.
Carpet delete option is for XLT and Lariat. The vinyl floor option is for King Ranch and Platinum. The vinyl floor option replaced the 2020 premium vinyl floor option and includes the all weather floor mats but doesn’t include the carpeted mats that the 2020s got but does get the vinyl floor. My coworker received his truck with the vinyl floor option a couple of weeks ago and his new 2021 KR does have the vinyl floor (no carpet) and the all weather floor mats.

Carpet delete option is for XLT and Lariat. The vinyl floor option is for King Ranch and Platinum. The vinyl floor option replaced the 2020 premium vinyl floor option and includes the all weather floor mats but doesn’t include the carpeted mats that the 2020s got but does get the vinyl floor. My coworker received his truck with the vinyl floor option a couple of weeks ago and his new 2021 KR does have the vinyl floor (no carpet) and the all weather floor mats.
My 2021 KR, ordered with 'Vinyl Floor Covering' for $115, came with 2 sets of floor mats, one rubber and the other carpet.

Okay that’s what I thought. I believe people are confused (or maybe me) with building KR and Lariats, XLTs. There is only a "vinyl floor" option on a KR build. It sounds like "carpet delete" still exists on XLT and Lariat. And then you have the 2020 KR folks saying that there is a "carpet delete" option because I believe there was, although no more for 2021. That could be the source of the confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

Question:
So if you do a -$50 carpet delete on an XLT or Lariat then buy (or use ford pass points) the correct rubber floor mats you have essentially created the “premium vinyl floor” of the king ranch or platinum?

Question:
So if you do a -$50 carpet delete on an XLT or Lariat then buy (or use ford pass points) the correct rubber floor mats you have essentially created the “premium vinyl floor” of the king ranch or platinum?
I’m not sure. I think they are different floor materials. I can say that it isn’t called "premium" anymore. I’d like to see both side by side. Maybe carpet delete just takes the carpet away. Meaning that your floorboard will be whatever material is located below the carpet. Vinyl flooring actually puts in a vinyl floorboard in place of carpet. The pictures of the vinyl floor above in the thread make it look like a quality floor. I haven’t seen any carpet delete floors from XLTs or Lariats posted.

I’m not sure. I think they are different floor materials. I can say that it isn’t called "premium" anymore. I’d like to see both side by side. Maybe carpet delete just takes the carpet away. Meaning that your floorboard will be whatever material is located below the carpet. Vinyl flooring actually puts in a vinyl floorboard in place of carpet. The pictures of the vinyl floor above in the thread make it look like a quality floor. I haven’t seen any carpet delete floors from XLTs or Lariats posted.
When I looked at my co workers KR truck the vinyl floor feels and looks the same as my Lariat other than his has the KR logos in the floor where mine say Ford. If they are a different material we could not tell the difference. His also came with floor mats where mine did not without spending extra and thinking that is why was called premium. Here is a Lariat floor pic. Worth getting the carpet delete or vinyl floor option depending on your trim in my opinion.
54466AA2-9018-4610-90AA-5668CA164896.jpeg

When I looked at my co workers KR truck the vinyl floor feels and looks the same as my Lariat other than his has the KR logos in the floor where mine say Ford. If they are a different material we could not tell the difference. His also came with floor mats where mine did not without spending extra and thinking that is why was called premium. Here is a Lariat floor pic. Worth getting the carpet delete or vinyl floor option depending on your trim in my opinion.
View attachment 15723
Damn! Does no one ride in your passenger seat? That looks showroom clean! ?

Back