Carpet Delete owners?

zimm

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Navy- retired
Current Ride
'23 F350 on order. '15 Wrangler Rubicon
Anyone have a pic of what the carpet delete looks like? I'm thinking for New England winters, it is the way to go. So I ordered that option plus the all weather mats. Hope I won't regret giving up the carpet for $50.

Anyone have a pic of what the carpet delete looks like? I'm thinking for New England winters, it is the way to go. So I ordered that option plus the all weather mats. Hope I won't regret giving up the carpet for $50.
In the two years I've been on this forum daily, I've never known anybody that wished they had got the carpet after opting out. On the other hand many have voiced their regret for not deleting the carpet. I have a 21 King Ranch and with salty winter weather I am delighted daily that I deleted the carpet in my order. The vinyl floor covering is high grade and padded underneath. It will be embossed with the trim level that you order the truck in.

I can grab a picture later if someone hasn't covered that already, but honestly you made the right call. I don't understand why carpets exist in any vehicle today, no less a truck.

Worth noting there's sound deadening under the vinyl still. So you're not giving up noise isolation. Purely gaining ease of cleaning with, as best I can tell, no downsides? The vinyl looks just fine to me.

I am in New England. It's a no-brainer. I have a photo here: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/current-topic-ham-radio-vermonster’s-thread-life-with-a-sd-tremor.6173/page-20 with WeatherTech on top.
@Vermonster that link goes to the last page of your build thread, which doesn't appear to have any pictures of the floor? I'm thinking you might have copied the link wrong or something.

Carpet delete is awesome in the northeast. However the factory all weather mats suck. They only cover about half the floor area in the front. I ditched mine right away for weathertechs.
Oh ya, good point. @zimm if you can, drop the floor mats from your order and get something aftermarket (WeatherTech, Husky, whatever; lots of threads around the forum on the options). Factory all weather floor mats are just super thick mats with the same coverage as regular mats.

More holding capacity for dirt and water, for sure, but no extra coverage as @Harrycomes called out. Aftermarket you get full coverage mats.

Carpet delete is awesome in the northeast. However the factory all weather mats suck. They only cover about half the floor area in the front. I ditched mine right away for weathertechs.
This is definitely a preference thing, as I like the factory all-weather mats. Since there’s no carpets, it just need to add a bit more “wear” area, so I think it works well. You’re right in that they aren’t as big, but I think they will really well with the vinyl
flooring

I get a few oohs and aahs when people see vinyl floor!! They all wish they had no carpet. I'm in the Upper Peninsula, and I have never even wiped either side. If you put front and rear floor mats, You only see like an 8 inch strip of carpet at the b pillar!! You're paying $$ to cover the rest up.

In the two years I've been on this forum daily, I've never known anybody that wished they had got the carpet after opting out. On the other hand many have voiced their regret for not deleting the carpet. I have a 21 King Ranch and with salty winter weather I am delighted daily that I deleted the carpet in my order. The vinyl floor covering is high grade and padded underneath. It will be embossed with the trim level that you order the truck in.
Found the Thread with pics of my carpet delete, post #71

1674953120855.png

1674953173194.png

1674953240534.png

Last edited:
Found the Thread with pics of my carpet delete, post #71
Here's a quote and direct link to that post. :)

Don't know if folks are still confused about the OP's original question or not. I wasn't sure either when I ordered my MY21. I ordered a KR with the carpet delete premium vinyl floor. The vinyl floor is very nice, thick material with a slight feel of padding underneath. It is KR specific by what is molded into the vinyl. Also I received the all weather floor mats for front and back that snap into place, very nice quality. I also received the carpeted floor mats that snap into place front and back. They will be nice for road trips when we would like carpet under foot. This is all included when you pick the carpet delete with the KR package. View attachment 24306View attachment 24308View attachment 24309View attachment 24310View attachment 24311View attachment 24312View attachment 24313View attachment 24305View attachment 24304

This may be a dumb question, but is there a big interior/road noise difference with or without the carpet? Or is it the same due to the padding under the vinyl?
I doubt there's any difference. I don't really know if a comparison has be made, but the padding and the vinyl are substantial.

This may be a dumb question, but is there a big interior/road noise difference with or without the carpet? Or is it the same due to the padding under the vinyl?
No difference in NVH between the two. If you add Dynamat, then it would be improved.

Carpet delete is the best thing since sliced bread! I have 2 big sloppy dogs and my F150 with carpet and fabric seats was a DISASTER! Now I just take my leaf blower to it, wipe it down the vinyl floor with Windex and the seats withleather cleaner, hose off the (factory) mats and I'm all good!

Oh wow, thanks everyone. It looks way better than I expected. The last trucks I used with vinyl floors were county work trucks in the 90's.

I definitely made the right call. The weather mats look a little goofy, so it it bothers me, I'll go with weathertechs.

I wish my Jeep wrangler had a vinyl floor option.

Back