Rich Pune

Tremor Junkie
3x TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Lariat Tremor
Hi All,

I hope everyone is hanging in there.

I’m interested in upgrading my suspension at some point. Carli and Camburg are my two top choices. Carli seems so much more involved and more of a complete suspension rebuild. As much as I like it, I’m wondering if it’s too much for my mild off-road needs. Any thoughts on whether Camburg’s simpler approach would suffice or not?

I'm not really sure on the Tremor SD but I did a ton of research when I built my Rubicon and I can tell you the more research you do and more questions you ask the happier you will be in the end. The more you can keep the geometry standard the better off. So that could mean a more involved process. I went with a full long arm system on my Ruby. In the end it was expensive however the ride and handling are better than stock and my Jeep is huge. It also was within spec on the alinement rack. No caster or camber troubles and drive shafts remained in phase.
Generally with lift kits you get what you pay for.
So how big of a tire do you think you can run with an added 3.5 inches????

I'm not really sure on the Tremor SD but I did a ton of research when I built my Rubicon and I can tell you the more research you do and more questions you ask the happier you will be in the end. The more you can keep the geometry standard the better off. So that could mean a more involved process. I went with a full long arm system on my Ruby. In the end it was expensive however the ride and handling are better than stock and my Jeep is huge. It also was within spec on the alinement rack. No caster or camber troubles and drive shafts remained in phase.
Generally with lift kits you get what you pay for.
So how big of a tire do you think you can run with an added 3.5 inches????
Throwing off the geo is a concern of mine. I plan on calling both companies to chat once I understand things a bit better.

I’m pretty sure I could run 37s, which is as big as I would want to go. I’m happy with 35s.

I would go Carli and grab the commuter system if you want a more street oriented ride. The best part about Carli is that they specialize in HD trucks. Also their systems are fully upgradable so if you want to start mellow and build up later you can.

I would go Carli and grab the commuter system if you want a more street oriented ride. The best part about Carli is that they specialize in HD trucks. Also their systems are fully upgradable so if you want to start mellow and build up later you can.
I was thinking about that last night. I like Carli’s radius arms, but not the $1,500 price. I don’t have to do it all at once.

I was thinking about that last night. I like Carli’s radius arms, but not the $1,500 price. I don’t have to do it all at once.
Not cheap at all but very well built and corrects the geometry of the front end with the lift. I’ve had Carli stuff before. You get what you pay for. I’ve also had the cheaper lifts and regretted it later. Never had Camburg stuff but it looks like they specialize more in Toyota and raptors.

Ive been researching and following Carli for years. Without a doubt. 100%. You’re going to drop some coin, but it’s better to do nothing at all than go with anything else. All they do, except for dabbling in Jeep stuff, is Dodge and Ford from the get go. They are the only reason I bought Ford over GM. Sorry. I just get really really excited about Carli stuff.

Yeah, if your talking about quality, I'm not sure how you could even try to argue some other brand over Carli. Their reputation is spotless for a reason.

I have been reaserching also, although, why did I drop the extra 4K on a Tremor? Carli seems to be the answer.....
looks to be between 4- 8k for a Carli...

Thanks for all the input. I’m gonna save up for a mid level Carli system. If I was a little more mechanical, I’d try doing it myself through PMF. But I know my limits. I’m going to parlay it with a drive to Gilbert AZ. I’ve got family there, so I can have SDHQ install it while I hang with the fam.

Thanks for all the input. I’m gonna save up for a mid level Carli system. If I was a little more mechanical, I’d try doing it myself through PMF. But I know my limits. I’m going to parlay it with a drive to Gilbert AZ. I’ve got family there, so I can have SDHQ install it while I hang with the fam.

Very smart and sound decision

Hi,
If you have questions about Carli lifts I would call CJC Off-road in CA. They are the #1 Carli dealer and installer. I ordered the back country 2.0 2.5” system. I wanted the radius arms but after talking to them the radius arms are mainly for looks and adding space for bigger tires. The radius arms do have better joints but do not do anything for the ride. They said if I wanted a better ride buy the sway bar option and save a few bucks, but get a much better ride. My install date is 5 weeks out so I will add some pictures and comment on the ride. I am hoping by then the back country kit for the 7.3 will be out.

Last edited:
O
Hi,
If you have questions about Carli lifts I would call CJC Off-road in CA. They are the #1 Carli dealer and installer. I ordered the back country 2.0 2.5” system. I wanted the radius arms but after talking to them the radius arms are mainly for looks and adding space for bigger tires. The radius arms do have better joints but do not do anything for the ride. They said if I wanted a better ride buy the sway bar option and save a few bucks, but get a much better ride. My install date is 5 weeks out so I will add some pictures and comment on the ride. I am hoping by then the back country kit for the 7.3 will be out.
Nice. Thanks for the info. Please do comment once you get some miles on the new set up?

Do yourself a favor and look at One Up Offroad.
Those lifts seem nice too. In some ways similar to a Carli system. I spent a lot of time on their site as I was deciding.

I did my research then I called NCB diesel & offroad (North carolina, largest Carli dealer east of the Mississippi) they have a pallet of goodness headed my way this week. I went with the 4.5" pintop with arms, sway bar, deavers, and long travel air bags (for the toy hauler) 37" ridge grapplers although told to do a 17" wheel I went 20x9 with 5in backspace. I should have time to get it all installed by the weekend and get some miles on it. I will share my thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_210518_000.jpg
    IMG_20200403_210518_000.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 125
I did my research then I called NCB diesel & offroad (North carolina, largest Carli dealer east of the Mississippi) they have a pallet of goodness headed my way this week. I went with the 4.5" pintop with arms, sway bar, deavers, and long travel air bags (for the toy hauler) 37" ridge grapplers although told to do a 17" wheel I went 20x9 with 5in backspace. I should have time to get it all installed by the weekend and get some miles on it. I will share my thoughts.
Looks like Christmas! That’s awesome you can install that type of stuff. I’m not too mechanical, which is why my most often grabbed tool is a rubber mallet.

Back