Carli trophy hitch update

BroncOh

Tremor Development
Founding Member
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
So, I reached out to Carli today to ask for an update in addition to asking a question I didn't see anyone ask: if they would be interested in making a 3" receiver version in addition to the standard 2.5" receiver variant, since I already have a 3" Weigh Safe hitch.

This was their response just now:

We’re working out the details on stepping it up to a 3” as we speak. Hoping to put this into production late this year or early next!
Dan Tourino
VP | Carli Suspension

Kinda off topic .. Earlier in the year, before Hurricane season I wanted to have my Fence replaced. I stopped by their office to schedule an appointment. 4 weeks .. for an appointment for an estimate ..?? wtf ..??
FYI, it's $3500. for 110' of White Vinyl Fence with 1 gate. Plus disposal.

Same as any other company right now

Carli worse than many.

They’re not dealing with electronics, made-in-china components, or third world assemblies. They take aluminum and they cut, weld, and powdercoat it.

You want a pair of radius arms? That will be a 40 week wait.

Carli worse than many.

They’re not dealing with electronics, made-in-china components, or third world assemblies. They take aluminum and they cut, weld, and powdercoat it.

they still need to get the metal to do it. just about everything from electronics, food and everything in between is having problems right now and will continue for the next couple years. I work in automotive field. just every day parts for cars are getting shitty to get and you don't even want to know how screwed it is for tires right now. soon as snow fly's people are gonna get hosed.

Carli worse than many.

We have other challenges. Skilled labor can only be scaled so quickly. Want a set of radius Arms? Here's how they're made:

Can this process be scaled? Yes, we have an open door hiring policy - there are weeks we have our entire line of welders on these parts due to their backorder. We've improved the design to make them better and quicker to weld (and added caster adjustment). We've invested in technology to relieve strain on our line welders to focus them on these types of parts.

Foreign material delays and prices have caused IMMENSE competition for our domestically sourced materials. We're fighting these issues coupled with bottlenecks in all departments thanks to employee shortages.

Whatever the hell is going on in this world right now... We have a Del Taco down the street with a sign "Starting at $18-$21/hr"; the Marshalls across the street is offering a sign-on bonus of $3,000 + $21/hr; Sportsman's Warehouse next to us approaches every customer that walks in asking for a moment of their time to jot down the name and phone number of anyone they know seeking employment of any kind...

I'm as tired of blaming the times as ANYONE is. We're cranking out more product than we ever have. We had immense growth last year and had invoiced our totals from 2020 by August of 2021... Record year after record year has been a blessing and we persist through all adversity we (and all other proud, American manufacturers) have faced over the passed 18 months.

Regardless, pre-pandemic, we were averaging 5-6 sets of Fabricated Radius Arms per week. We're now averaging 30 sets thanks to our continued pursuit of process improvement and scaling all departments despite material and labor shortages. Demand is just insane at the moment. To scale production as quickly as demand has increased would leave ANY manufacturer letting go of the reigns on QC and we're not willing to do this.

To scale production as quickly as demand has increased would leave ANY manufacturer letting go of the reigns on QC and we're not willing to do this.

Amen.

Demand is out of control for everything right now and most people are ignorant to the challenges presented to small business owners/operators in deciding to scale let alone in actually scaling to meet it.

We have other challenges. Skilled labor can only be scaled so quickly. Want a set of radius Arms? Here's how they're made:

Can this process be scaled? Yes, we have an open door hiring policy - there are weeks we have our entire line of welders on these parts due to their backorder. We've improved the design to make them better and quicker to weld (and added caster adjustment). We've invested in technology to relieve strain on our line welders to focus them on these types of parts.

Foreign material delays and prices have caused IMMENSE competition for our domestically sourced materials. We're fighting these issues coupled with bottlenecks in all departments thanks to employee shortages.

Whatever the hell is going on in this world right now... We have a Del Taco down the street with a sign "Starting at $18-$21/hr"; the Marshalls across the street is offering a sign-on bonus of $3,000 + $21/hr; Sportsman's Warehouse next to us approaches every customer that walks in asking for a moment of their time to jot down the name and phone number of anyone they know seeking employment of any kind...

I'm as tired of blaming the times as ANYONE is. We're cranking out more product than we ever have. We had immense growth last year and had invoiced our totals from 2020 by August of 2021... Record year after record year has been a blessing and we persist through all adversity we (and all other proud, American manufacturers) have faced over the passed 18 months.

Regardless, pre-pandemic, we were averaging 5-6 sets of Fabricated Radius Arms per week. We're now averaging 30 sets thanks to our continued pursuit of process improvement and scaling all departments despite material and labor shortages. Demand is just insane at the moment. To scale production as quickly as demand has increased would leave ANY manufacturer letting go of the reigns on QC and we're not willing to do this.

I respect that you're openly engaged in these communities and as you might have read, I've purchased your entire catalog... Minus radius arms, of course.

Nonetheless, I want to be clear, what I said was a perception based on market availability. In the weeks I spent trying to assemble a kit, time and again it was your suppliers explicitly telling me that Carli is having a particularly hard time supplying right now; I wasn't making it up or being 'salty'. I get that COVID hysteria plays its role, I get that California's regulatory environment is causing a big part of the transport problem... I really do.

And I watched your video long before I bought the components...

In the end, I respect the quality of your components, and that things are still handmade, nonetheless what I said was not meant to be a character attack or a personal attack, or any other kind of attack - simply an observation that was stated perhaps more starkly than a nuanced reality demands, but regardless, some manufacturers are having a harder go of it than others and for whatever reason, yours is a brand that has been lumped into that category, fairly or not.

I hope the market levels out, and you're able to stabilize your supply with the current demand.

Last edited:
haha does that make you better then him because you bought a lift?
It makes me actively vested in the consideration, and not some bystander simping for a corporation or injecting emotions on the internet.

Last edited:
Carli makes the best suspension for these trucks as far as I'm concerned. I haven't purchased yet due to the delays but I'll be in for a full 4.5 set up and that hitch once it's available with a 3" receiver. Keep up the good work.

Why do you hate homosexuals, your comment is extremely hateful and offensive & shows your bigotry

Oh well.

Seems I just don't care how you choose to read into it.

Last edited:
I respect that you're openly engaged in these communities and as you might have read, I've purchased your entire catalog... Minus radius arms of course.

Nonetheless, I want to be clear, what I said was a perception based on market availability. In the weeks I spent weeks trying to assemble a kit, time and again it was your suppliers explicitly telling me that Carli is having a particularly hard time supplying right now; I wasn't making it up or being 'salty'. I get that COVID hysteria plays it's role, I get that California's regulatory environment is causing a big part of the transport problem... I really do.

In the end, I respect the quality of your components, and that things are still handmade, nonetheless what I said was not meant to be a character attack or a personal attack, or an any kind of attack - simply an observation that was stated perhaps more starkly than a nuanced reality demands, but regardless, some manufacturers are having a harder go of it than others and for whatever reason, yours is a brand that has been lumped into that category, fairly or not.

I hope the market levels out, and you're able to stabilize your supply with the current demand.

Appreciate your understanding and you're right; the statements you made are 100% factual. We're struggling like most manufacturers and all the explanation/justification in the world does not change this.

I appreciate that you threw our catalogue at your truck despite all this! Many of our customers keep their trucks 1-2 years and we were giving people 1 year lead times. Things got real crazy for a while. Luckily, we're within 3-4 months on MOST parts now; we have leveled off a bit.

Thank you for the insight into some of the problems you are facing & how you have been working to overcome them

Shows your commitment to the consumer & most important the refusal to lessen the quality of your products

Thank you for the insight into some of the problems you are facing & how you have been working to overcome them

Shows your commitment to the consumer & most important the refusal to lessen the quality of your products
We've been doing this 20 years now - our commitment to quality trumps all else; we'd go down with the ship before degrading product quality.

We've been doing this 20 years now - our commitment to quality trumps all else; we'd go down with the ship before degrading product quality.

Had no idea you have been around that long, I’m selling plasma & saving all my “extra” shekels while researching shops that install your products so we can get a system and have it installed by somebody that knows and more importantly understands the reasons behind the products & stands behind the installation of them.

Thanks Dan! Great to have you on this forum! I am so excited for the hitch!

I respect that you're openly engaged in these communities and as you might have read, I've purchased your entire catalog... Minus radius arms, of course.

Nonetheless, I want to be clear, what I said was a perception based on market availability. In the weeks I spent trying to assemble a kit, time and again it was your suppliers explicitly telling me that Carli is having a particularly hard time supplying right now; I wasn't making it up or being 'salty'. I get that COVID hysteria plays its role, I get that California's regulatory environment is causing a big part of the transport problem... I really do.

In the end, I respect the quality of your components, and that things are still handmade, nonetheless what I said was not meant to be a character attack or a personal attack, or any other kind of attack - simply an observation that was stated perhaps more starkly than a nuanced reality demands, but regardless, some manufacturers are having a harder go of it than others and for whatever reason, yours is a brand that has been lumped into that category, fairly or not.

The steel market will be a long time before it even gets close to leveling out , I have truck load of 3/8 and 1/2 “ plate that I have been waiting on for three weeks because there are no Available drivers to bring it and now they are telling me they can bring it but it’s going to cost more to get a driver to bring it. It’s really getting out of control but we just have to roll with it and hope that better times will soon come.

Back