Carli steering problems

omcvay

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Platinum Tremor
Hey all, I’m in need of help regarding alignment with Carli. Last week I had the fully optioned Carli pin top kit 3.5 installed. I am getting feedback from the steering with any imperfections in the road at highway speeds making it feel unstable. I’m on my second alignment, first with toe at zero and second slightly toed in. It’s improved but not perfect. Both hands required on the wheel on smaller farm to market highways.
I have dual steering stabilizers, progressive sway bar, radius arms, progressive leaf packs and track bar. Also running 37x13.50r17 nitto ridge grapplers.
I tried to buy all the best parts to have the best drivability but this pulling around constantly at highway speeds is frustrating. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

045FF4DC-0783-4A02-B1A0-5199CABCFA5D.jpeg

Hey all, I’m in need of help regarding alignment with Carli. Last week I had the fully optioned Carli pin top kit 3.5 installed. I am getting feedback from the steering with any imperfections in the road at highway speeds making it feel unstable. I’m on my second alignment, first with toe at zero and second slightly toed in. It’s improved but not perfect. Both hands required on the wheel on smaller farm to market highways.
I have dual steering stabilizers, progressive sway bar, radius arms, progressive leaf packs and track bar. Also running 37x13.50r17 nitto ridge grapplers.
I tried to buy all the best parts to have the best drivability but this pulling around constantly at highway speeds is frustrating. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

View attachment 11262
Man that sucks I’ve never had good luck with lift kits hope someone has some info for you

so you got that lift installed and didnt watch/help the tech so you could learn your truck’s suspension makeup? Keep your truck on the asphalt bud.

so you got that lift installed and didnt watch/help the tech so you could learn your truck’s suspension makeup? Keep your truck on the asphalt bud.
His lift kit should be able to handle both he’s got something going on

I’m more than capable of doing this myself and very well versed in vehicles and suspension. I don’t have as much free time to work in my garage as I used to. I do appreciate your input in helping resolve the pulling issue however not sure how you presumed I lack knowledge because I didn’t watch over someone I paid to install the kit.

Last edited:
I’m more than capable of doing this myself and very well versed in vehicles and suspension. I don’t have as much free time to work in my garage as I used to. I do appreciate your input in helping resolve the pulling issue however not sure how you presumed I lack knowledge because I didn’t watch over someone I paid to install the kit.
Yea and unless you’ve got an alignment shop a couple of miles away you’re gonna have fun driving your truck on the highway after you play with the Suspension I’ve tried it you can get it close with a tape measure but not close enough

Yea and unless you’ve got an alignment shop a couple of miles away you’re gonna have fun driving your truck on the highway after you play with the Suspension I’ve tried it you can get it close with a tape measure but not close enough
I have tried the tape measure method too and I don’t get very close. I have an alignment shop a few miles from my house that is easy to work with. Just hoping someone on here has had similar issue with the lift/level that has a fix.

From everything I’ve read this kit is the better or best parts for straight axle trucks. I was hoping this would be enjoyable both on and off road.
Have you contacted the company carli and ask them about it I drove a 2019 XLT with a dealer installed Lift Kit a year ago and passed on it wasn’t sure if it was the tires of the Lift Kit but it would follow everything but the road

CASTOR .........Have your shop check it out on the rack. You got the best parts.
Toe in or out won't matter but thats a castor issue? How far out of spec is it

Have you contacted the company carli and ask them about it I drove a 2019 XLT with a dealer installed Lift Kit a year ago and passed on it wasn’t sure if it was the tires of the Lift Kit but it would follow everything but the road
That’s my call first thing today.

CASTOR .........Have your shop check it out on the rack. You got the best parts.
Toe in or out won't matter but thats a castor issue? How far out of spec is it
It’s shows to be in spec

Attachments

• 7D934C5E-5B92-4DB8-AFE1-DD7AA2359EAB.jpeg
    7D934C5E-5B92-4DB8-AFE1-DD7AA2359EAB.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 159
Not helpful at all. Really?

Shouldn't castor be around 5 or 5.5 with the carli castor shims/radius arms? From my research that's more than likely your problem looking at your sheet.

Shouldn't castor be around 5 or 5.5 with the carli castor shims/radius arms? From my research that's more than likely your problem looking at your sheet.
I’ll follow up after the call the Carli. Hope you’re right.

There have been a few reports of guys running 13.5’s having similar issues. Just wants to grab every groove in the road. There are also people running the same set up without any issues. F350soup on Instagram wrote a post about his experience with the 13.5 feel vs 12.5. Might be worth reaching out to see if it’s similar to what your experiencing. Hope you get it sorted out! ?

Back