Carli E-Venture 2.5/3.5" - 10,000 Mile Review

View attachment 63005
Looks great! Glad to see another gasser with the E-Venture!
Can you please take a photo of your arsenals without the wheel caps. I always wondered what they would look like on our trucks without the caps. I guess you can still turn the hubs on from the inside via auto, but i have warn manual hubs.

Can you please take a photo of your arsenals without the wheel caps. I always wondered what they would look like on our trucks without the caps. I guess you can still turn the hubs on from the inside via auto, but i have warn manual hubs.
C3F501BC-7850-4CA2-BD65-20D127762495.jpeg

Here you go

The caps that came with mine were horribly large. I had them on for less than one day before removing them for good. I painted my front and rear hubs to match the wheels and I think they look way better without the caps.

0432E352-5B55-47A7-B0B4-3CC95C6FD688.jpeg
BED6010A-34CF-410F-993B-011DBD6E5D78.jpeg
D15CED29-2E45-4850-80A8-A6FF0D9EA950.jpeg
5BDF49BD-7AEA-4E04-92C3-B2793C449922.jpeg
EAF476B7-1CEB-4BD7-BDC9-6EE55A52910E.jpeg
B12088DF-9309-41B7-9281-6D501B0484FA.jpeg

Only have about 800 miles on the e venture but so far really enjoying the changes & upgrade ride quality

This past weekend we took some trails that went from narrows tree lined eroded to mountain switchbacks to washed out ATV trails we never should have attempted but other than taking a Battleship on a PT Boat course the Tremor kicked ass & only struggled a couple times and then the rear locker in 2 wheel drive was all that was needed.

Then the next day did some high speed trails with a couple Raptors & easily kept up with them & when they got air the Tremor never left the ground

Never in a hundred years could have done this with the stock tremor suspension

@BLACKCHERRY your suspension kicks ass

Now to figure out rims & tires

View attachment 62997View attachment 62998View attachment 62999View attachment 63000View attachment 63001View attachment 63002View attachment 63003View attachment 63004

@Gus do you still have your Tremor tires and wheels on? I just ordered my E-venture suspension and am still thinking about the tires/wheels. How did the Tremor tires and wheels ride?

@Gus do you still have your Tremor tires and wheels on? I just ordered my E-venture suspension and am still thinking about the tires/wheels. How did the Tremor tires and wheels ride?

Yes, could not afford to swap them out at the same time. I do have new wheels and tires on order but staying with 35 instead of 37

Ride improved but I’m also running 50psi in all 4. Hard to say how much the ride improved but it’s quite noticeable except on old freeway grooved by semis with worse expansion joints

Yes, could not afford to swap them out at the same time. I do have new wheels and tires on order but staying with 35 instead of 37

Ride improved but I’m also running 50psi in all 4. Hard to say how much the ride improved but it’s quite noticeable except on old freeway grooved by semis with worse expansion joints
Yeah the tires and wheels do add up and was thinking of doing it in stages too. What tires did you end up getting? I am torn between 35s and 37s.

I just updated the title to this thread for my 2022 6.7L F-350 Tremor from 3,000 mile review to 10,000 mile review. I now have just over 10,000 miles on my Carli E-Venture suspension - after 3,200 miles with OEM Tremor set up. I remain very happy with my decision to make the investment to upgrade to the E-Venture system. Of the 10,000 miles 3,551 are towing my 24' ATC Toyhauler which is 10k loaded.

Ride: Substantially improved - pretty darn good for and 8,000 l.b. one ton truck! I have settled in on cold starting settings for tire pressure of 42 PSI front onf 40 PSI rear when unloaded and not towing - I have settled on 52 PSI front and 50 PSI for towing. I am running 37x12.5x18 Toyo ATIII tires - 65 PSI is max at 3,970 load - so not pressures may be higher with stock Duratacs or other tires that are 80 PSI at max load.

Adjustments:
With the E-Venture dial you have a significant number of "on the fly" adjustments available to you. I have played with this alot and tried many custom settings - I have found that the right out of the box set up from Carli is really good. Yet you have the flexibility to personalize it to your liking with many adjustments. I recently read a post from someone who said they were in a E-Venture truck and were not impressed with the adjustment potential and were going with a Pin Top for added adjustability using the clickers on the shocks. What I think was missed here is you have the same adjustments, but they adjust in reaction to the imput (steering, brake, RPM, accelerator and Inertial Measurement Unit) and then stiffen and soften the shocks as input is sensed, in real time. Pin top you set and test, set and test - you will feel the new setting right away, versus the E-Venture, where it feels no different when adjusted, just when reacting to imput's - Pin Top - is a set feel - you don't get the benefit of shift on the fly changes or the ECU working to make changes quickly to meet the needs - for example if you set you pin top up for a good street ride - softer - then when you have a panic manueavor to make - you will have a delayed reaction - while the shocks absorb to take a set - with the E-Venture - it will immediately adjust to a much stiffer setting, than the base setting and that will allow you to have a quicker response and more control of the outcome. Nothing wrong with the pin top or the way it works, it is just limited to the setting you choose - no on the fly adjsutments.

Towing:
The rear end went down 1" with the addition of the full progressive spring pack, from 20" OEM to 19" to the bottom of the trailer hitch. I got about 1.5" of sag with OEM with 1,500 l.b.s of tongue weight and now have about 2.25". I added a Air Lift wireless air system and with that I am able to level out the rear end. I have run from 25 lbs to 75lbs pending how my RZR is loaded in trailer - which can vary tongue weight from 1,000 lbs to 1,700 lbs., with just a few feet of movement forward or back. With 1,500 lbs of tongue weight I like 25 lbs to 50 lbs the best. I also adjust the rear firmness and have tried from 25% to 100% and now run most of the time in 25% stiffer. I am running in standard mode. If I am out of state where you can tow up to 75 mph - I will move to Baja for towing, but find for Calif. speeds that comfort is great. Overall better control than OEM, does not carry the load in the rear quite as well as OEM (offset with air bags) and better ride quality overall.

Look:
Everything is holding up well and with regular cleaning, still looks like new!

Value:
It was not cheap - but I still feel the value is there, give the flexibility it offers and the added control and safety built in. For me it helped me create the perfect all around truck - as Cody at CJC likes to say - the swiss army knife of HD trucks. So yes I would spend $11k again to have what I have - I have no regrets .

What Don't I like:
Touch Screen
I will start by saying I believe I got the first retail suspension package sold by Carli and installed by CJC early this year. The touch screen has been improved and works better than what I have. The menu button on the bottom is small it is hard to use when driving - which it states right up front - do not operate while driving :ROFLMAO: - but of course you want to play with settings and see what changes you make and how they impact things as you go. Especially on long tows - I can go up to 700 miles towing without stopping, and I have tested different settings in 50 miles segments - so it would be nice if the screen was a little more user friendly - it always works, it just may take a few pushes of the menu button and the specific menu you want to access before you get in.

Rear Springs
The rear end on my truck is just about at "pre-runner" status - back is slightly lower than the front. I got a 2" PMF block from another forum member and put it in, but it was too much - need to get a 1" block to get back to just above level. I would like to see the progressive springs come with another 1" of arch to them, to offset future sag and keep the back same height of OEM. When my suspension went on it was dead level - it has sagged 1/2" to 3/4" since - some of that is likely going to 40 PSI versus 60 PSI.

Overall:
Great set up for my varied uses - could not be happier with the suspension, CJC who installed and Carli for their support as I have had questions along the way.

Last edited:
I just updated the title to this thread for my 2022 6.7L F-350 Tremor from 3,000 mile review to 10,000 mile review. I now have just over 10,000 miles on my Carli E-Venture suspension - after 3,200 miles with OEM Tremor set up. I remain very happy with my decision to make the investment to upgrade to the E-Venture system. Of the 10,000 miles 3,551 are towing my 24' ATC Toyhauler which is 10k loaded.

Ride: Substantially improved - pretty darn good for and 8,000 l.b. one ton truck! I have settled in on cold starting settings for tire pressure of 42 PSI front onf 40 PSI rear when unloaded and not towing - I have settled on 52 PSI front and 50 PSI for towing. I am running 37x12.5x18 Toyo ATIII tires - 65 PSI is max at 3,970 load - so not pressures may be higher with stock Duratacs or other tires that are 80 PSI at max load.

Adjustments:
With the E-Venture dial you have a significant number of "on the fly" adjustments available to you. I have played with this alot and tried many custom settings - I have found that the right out of the box set up from Carli is really good. Yet you have the flexibility to personalize it to your liking with many adjustments. I recently read a post from someone who said they wer in a E-Venture truck and were not impressed with the adjustment potential and were going with a Pin Top for added adjustability using the clickers on the shocks. What I think was missed here is you have the same adjustments, but they are on a reaction to the imputs (steering, brake, RPM, accelerator and Inertial Measurement Unit) and then stiffen and softens the shocks as input is sense, in real time. Pin top you set and test, set and test - you will feel the new setting right away, versus the E-Venture, where it feels no different when adjusted, just when reacting to imputs - Pin Top - is a set feel - you don't get the benefit of shift on the fly changes or the ECU working to make changes quickly to meet the needs - for example if you set you pin top up for a good street ride - softer - then when you have a panic manuever to make - you will have a delayed reaction - while the shocks absorb to take a set - with the E-Venture - it will immediately adjust to a much stiffer setting, than the base setting and that will allow you to have a quicker response and more control of the outcome. Nothing wrong with the pin top or the way it works, it is just more limited in what it can do.

Towing:
The rear end went down 1" with the addition of the full progressive spring pack, from 20" OEM to 19" to the bottom of the trailer hitch. I got about 1.5" of sag with OEM with 1,500 l.b.s of tongue weight and now have about 2.25". I added a Air Lift wireless air system and with that I am able to level out the rear end. I have run from 25 lbs to 75lbs pending how my RZR is loaded in trailer - which can vary tongue weight from 1,000 lbs to 1,700 lbs., with just a few feet of movement forward or back. With 1,500 lbs of tongue weight I like 25 lbs to 50 lbs the best. I also adjust the rear firmness and have tried from 25% to 100% and now run most of the time in 25% stiffer. I am running in standard mode. If I am out of state where you can tow up to 75 mph - I will move to Baja for towing, but find for Calif. speeds that comfort is great. Overall better control than OEM, does not carry the load in the rear quite as well as OEM (offset with air bags) and better ride quality overall.

Look:
Everything is holding up well and with regular cleaning, still looks like new!

Value:
It was not cheap - but I still feel the value is there, give the flexibility it offers and the added control and safety built in with. For me it helped me create the perfect all around truck - as Cody at CJC likes to say - the swill army knife of HD trucks. So yes I would spend $11k again to have what I have - I have no regrets .

What Don't I like:
Touch Screen
I will start by saying I believe I got the first retail supsension package sold by Carli and installed by CJC early this year.
The touch screen has been improved and works better than what I have. The menu button on the bottom is small it is hard to use when driving - which it states right up front - do not operate while driving :ROFLMAO: - but of course you want to play with settings and see what changes you make and how they impact things as you go. Especially on long tows - I can go up to 700 miles towing without stopping, and I have tested different settings in 50 miles segments - so it would be nice if the screen was a little more user friendly - it always works, it just may take a few pushes of the menu button and the specific menu you want to access before you get in.

Rear Springs
The rear end on my truck is just about at "pre-runner" status - back is slightly lower than the front. I got a 2" PMF block from another forum member and put it in, but it was too much - need to get a 1" block to get back to just above level. I would like to see the progressive springs come with another 1" of arch to them, to offset future sag and keep the back same height of OEM. When my suspension went on it was dead level - it has sagged 1/2" to 3/4" since - some of that is likely going to 40 PSI versus 50 PSI.

Overall:
Great set up for my varied uses - could not be happier with the suspension, CJC who installed and Carli for their support as I have had questions along the way.

Excellent update what settings are you running unloaded/not towing on the highway?

I’m also not a fan of the touch screen or the midget sized menu button and it’s not very responsive to my touch & that can be frustrating trying to make adjustments

Sounds like I should try dropping air pressure from 50/50

Yeah the tires and wheels do add up and was thinking of doing it in stages too. What tires did you end up getting? I am torn between 35s and 37s.

Excellent update what settings are you running unloaded/not towing on the highway?

I’m also not a fan of the touch screen or the midget sized menu button and it’s not very responsive to my touch & that can be frustrating trying to make adjustments

Sounds like I should try dropping air pressure from 50/50
I run in standard or comfort setting - I have made a few tweeks in the custom setting area - but I will leave that process up to each owner - for most it will be set it and forget it and that is a very good option as the way it comes is really good. But you have the flexibility to adjust slightly to your own personal preference.

Reactions: Gus
Are you still happy with your Toyo ATIIIs? Would you buy them again or try something different?

Are you still happy with your Toyo ATIIIs? Would you buy them again or try something different?
I would buy them again - I have 12k on them - good wear - ride good at 40-45 psi and tow great at 50-55 psi (I have 37x12.5x18 - max load - psi is 65) - work good in dirt and sand - never been any real mud - would say they may lack clearing needed for mud. But for S.Cal and our terrain - happy with the tire.

They are just really hard to find

I would buy them again - I have 12k on them - good wear - ride good at 40-45 psi and tow great at 50-55 psi (I have 37x12.5x18 - max load - psi is 65) - work good in dirt and sand - never been any real mud - would say they may lack clearing needed for mud. But for S.Cal and our terrain - happy with the tire.

They are just really hard to find
I called my local tire store this week and they were able to find four of them for $437 a piece. I told them I was just checking, as I still have time before my 37” Ridge Grapplers need to be replaced.

Rear Springs
The rear end on my truck is just about at "pre-runner" status - back is slightly lower than the front. I got a 2" PMF block from another forum member and put it in, but it was too much - need to get a 1" block to get back to just above level. I would like to see the progressive springs come with another 1" of arch to them, to offset future sag and keep the back same height of OEM. When my suspension went on it was dead level - it has sagged 1/2" to 3/4" since - some of that is likely going to 40 PSI versus 50 PSI.
My greatest fear of doing any suspension set-up. Gag.

The truck looks sweet as hell, though. Thanks for taking the time to write this up for us.

Great looking truck. Thanks for the detailed writeup. I've been contemplating the Carli suspensions and also want to throw the whole catalog at it as well.

Back