Carli E-Venture 2.5/3.5" - 10,000 Mile Review

Supercup

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 6.7 F-350 Tremor
I have had my Carli E-venture system on my truck for about 3 weeks - I have put just over 3,000 miles on my new suspension with a combinatoin of street, off road and towing. Thought I would post up my thoughts so far.

First here is what I have added to my truck for suspension, air bags and tires and wheels:
Carli E-Venture Suspension
Cali Eventure - Electronic Shocks - 3.5" - Tremor
Torsion sway Bar with End Links
Full Deaver Progressive Leaf Pack
Fabricated Radius Arms
High Mount Steering Stabilizer
Low Mount Steering Stabilizer
Towing & Air System
Firestone air bags w/Daystar cradles
Air Lift 7300 EZ Compressor & hook up
Wheels & Tires
Method NV HD - 305 - 18" x 9" - 18 mm offset
Toyo Open Country AT III - 37 x 12.5 x 18

Cost:
It is not inexpensive - but after using it for a variety of things no question it is an excellent value versus other fully baked off road suspension option. If you have the budget, it has no equal for all around suspension.

Ride on Road:
Is it perfect - in a word "no" but it is better than any other suspension I have experienced in a HD truck - it is good in every situation. I can really feel the weight of the 37" tires versus the stock 35". In street mode it is very compliant in all situations and as you take in road bumps and imperfections the suspension simply soaks them up. The front end is amazing - it works flawlessly. The back end works great as well, but like all HD truck with solid rear axel it still is not perfect over those pesky freeway expansion joints and braking bumps - but much better than OEM - to be honest that is the only thing I can think of that is not "excellent".

I have run in street mode and off road mode on the street. I prefer street mode for on road and find it is really good in all situations. The 37" tires combined with the torsion sway bar take away a bit of the OEM steering sharpness (if there is such a thing for a HD truck) after removing the OEM 35" tires and OEM sway bar. A simple adjustment of steering input is all that is needed and once you dial it in, the control in the shocks exceeds the OEM shocks by a wide margin (really no comparison). Overall the truck is so much more compliant and in control than the OEM set up. As the speeds rise it just works better and better.

Off Road:
I only have limited time off road when at Sand Hollow last week - I hit some fire roads and you can pick your pace, no limitation from the suspension like you have with OEM shocks. I found in on street mode at speeds up to 30 mph, it works flawlessly and produces an outstanding level of comfort. In open areas of sand and rocks in the park with whoops up to 1' the truck simply soaked them up with ease at 40-50 mph. I prefer off road mode for running hard, the firmer setting allowing added control and bottoming resistance. In all situations there is no comparison vs stock. Versus a 2.5" adjustable Fox or a 2.5" King Pin top, it is as good or better and has the flexibility of dialing in a level of comfort or firmness to meet every situation. Just a huge improvement over OEM.

Towing:
I towed my 10,000 lb. ATC toybox just over 1,000 miles to and from Sand Hollow. It has a tongue weight loaded of around 1,400 lbs. With the new rear springs the hitch height of the truck is 1" lower than OEM, as the rake has been removed for a level look front to back. I had 2.25" of squat under the 1,400 lbs. of tongue weight. After hooking up my weigh safe weight distribution hitch I was able to get back 1.25" if the squat, shifting the weight forward. This was with the air bags with 5 lbs. of pressure. So that leaves the rear end of the truck about 1" below level. For comparision with OEM set up I had 2" of squat and got 1.25" back with WD hitch and with OEM added hitch height and rake - the truck was pretty much level hitched up without air bags. I then adjusted air bag pressures to 50 lbs. and then 75 lbs. With 50 lbs. truck is level, with 75 lbs. it is about 1/2" @$$ high.

When towing I played around with air bag pressures and settled on 50 lbs. as a good mid point. Carried load perfect and was nice and smooth in rear end. Then I started to play with the rear control - with adjustment options of 0%, 25%, 50% and 100% - I towed 100 miles or so in each setting and ultimately settled on 25%, except on freeways of S. Cal where 50% was warranted. The flexibility of dialing in the ride height and the level of control and firmness of the rear shocks is a great feature and allowed me to "dial in" the truck and trailer for a great towing experience. Ride and control are far better than OEM set up.

Flexibility:
The abilty to shift programs on the fly from street to off road, or adjust the rear independently adds tremdeous value to the entire system. You gain so much with the ability to make on the fly adjustments as road condition change over a traditional system. I found myself tinkering and searching for the ultimate tow set up, but as I got it dialed in, I am pretty well settled on what I like. My guess is that will change if I am towing my RZR on a open trailer or the boat and it all can be down as you head down the road from the drivers seat. Once dialed in it will become set it and forget it for each confirguration!

Other Features:
In addition to the Carli "dial in" settings for rock crawl, street and off road, there is a setting section to allow you to further adjust the front and rear, independently, to your liking with the turn of the dial. I have not gone there yet, but likely will play around with it going forward, just to see what the effects are. The gauge on the A-Piller is easy to see, has adjustment for brightness for night driving and a combination of categories available via the touch screen to make adjustments within each category along with an exterior dial, that allows you to go from category to category.

There are many features within the screen and you can use it as much as you want and my guess is eventually you will set it and forget it!

Overall Conclusion:
This system is the best system for those who use their truck for a wide varity of uses from driving on the street, off roading, hauling loads in the bed and/or towing. You get flexibility with the on the fly adjustments the system provides. Total control of your system from the drivers seat on the fly. For the cost I expected a lot and Carli has deliverd a great system with great flexibility - to me that adds up to real value. Would I do it again - in a heart beat - if you have the budget - get the 3.5" or the 5.5" and start smiling - your truck will be so much better!

Truck hooked up with 5 lbs of air bag pressure (sitting on a steep hill):
Tremor with ATC 1.jpg

Truck with suspension installed:
Ford Tremor - Cali - Method 37's - 2 (2).jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

Can you say dial a ride?

IMG_1879.jpg

GREAT write up! Thanks for sharing. I have almost the same truck being delivered next week and it's going to CJC for the 5.5 inch e-venture in early June. Super excited! You ever make it out to Johnson Valley (Cougar Buttes)? I have a pretty great dirt biking SXS crew and we try to go there and some other places a few times a year. Would be great to do a SoCal Tremor meet-up!

GREAT write up! Thanks for sharing. I have almost the same truck being delivered next week and it's going to CJC for the 5.5 inch e-venture in early June. Super excited! You ever make it out to Johnson Valley (Cougar Buttes)? I have a pretty great dirt biking SXS crew and we try to go there and some other places a few times a year. Would be great to do a SoCal Tremor meet-up!
Hit me up - always ready for a Tremor or SXS trip!

You are going to love the 5.5” the added travel makes it even better than 3.5” offroad! I didn’t want the extra height for in and out or for towing, which I do quite a bit. But I went back and forth in 3.5 vs 5.5!

Look forward to a meet up at some point in the future.

Thanks for the write up.

What air bag controller are you using?
Hi

I am using the Air Lift wireless air system. App is on the phone and you run the system from there. It is part of the Air Lift 7300 system. They can’t get chips for handheld wireless controllers so now the have all users go with the APP. Works great.

Hi

I am using the Air Lift wireless air system. App is on the phone and you run the system from there. It is part of the Air Lift 7300 system. They can’t get chips for handheld wireless controllers so now the have all users go with the APP. Works great.
Do you have links for this? Did CJC install?

CJC did the install.

link: https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/73000ez/

App is called Air Lift Wireless Air - you can look up on App store under that name - get the version that has red border and two red arrows (one up and one down)

That version gives you 3 memory setting for bags and allows you to adjust each air bag independently - as long as you tell your installer to set it up that way. They have to run an air line to each back from the system.

Mine is run to the upfitter switch's - turn on and it will default the bags to 5 lbs (top off if lower) and then bluetooth will synch with your phone if in the car. Then you can control with your phone. Easy to use and has a number of nice features.

Last edited:
I have had my Carli E-venture system on my truck for about 3 weeks - I have put just over 3,000 miles on my new suspension with a combinatoin of street, off road and towing. Thought I would post up my thoughts so far.

First here is what I have added to my truck for suspension, air bags and tires and wheels:
Fabricated Radius Arms
Towing & Air System
Wheels & Tires

Cost:
It is not inexpensive - but after using it for a variety of things no question it is an excellent value versus other fully baked off road suspension option. If you have the budget, it has no equal for all around suspension.

Ride on Road:
Is it perfect - in a word "no" but it is better than any other suspension I have experienced in a HD truck - it is good in every situation. I can really feel the weight of the 37" tires versus the stock 35". In street mode it is very compliant in all situations and as you take in road bumps and imperfections the suspension simply soaks them up. The front end is amazing - it works flawlessly. The back end works great as well, but like all HD truck with solid rear axel it still is not perfect over those pesky freeway expansion joints and braking bumps - but much better than OEM - to be honest that is the only thing I can think of that is not "excellent".

I have run in street mode and off road mode on the street. I prefer street mode for on road and find it is really good in all situations. The 37" tires combined with the torsion sway bar take away a bit of the OEM steering sharpness (if there is such a thing for a HD truck) after removing the OEM 35" tires and OEM sway bar. A simple adjustment of steering input is all that is needed and once you dial it in, the control in the shocks exceeds the OEM shocks by a wide margin (really no comparison). Overall the truck is so much more compliant and in control than the OEM set up. As the speeds rise it just works better and better.

Off Road:
I only have limited time off road when at Sand Hollow last week - I hit some fire roads and you can pick your pace, no limitation from the suspension like you have with OEM shocks. I found in on street mode at speeds up to 30 mph, it works flawlessly and produces an outstanding level of comfort. In open areas of sand and rocks in the park with whoops up to 1' the truck simply soaked them up with ease at 40-50 mph. I prefer off road mode for running hard, the firmer setting allowing added control and bottoming resistance. In all situations there is no comparison vs stock. Versus a 2.5" adjustable Fox or a 2.5" King Pin top, it is as good or better and has the flexibility of dialing in a level of comfort or firmness to meet every situation. Just a huge improvement over OEM.

Towing:
I towed my 10,000 lb. ATC toybox just over 1,000 miles to and from Sand Hollow. It has a tongue weight loaded of around 1,400 lbs. With the new rear springs the hitch height of the truck is 1" lower than OEM, as the rake has been removed for a level look front to back. I had 2.25" of squat under the 1,400 lbs. of tongue weight. After hooking up my weigh safe weight distribution hitch I was able to get back 1.25" if the squat, shifting the weight forward. This was with the air bags with 5 lbs. of pressure. So that leaves the rear end of the truck about 1" below level. For comparision with OEM set up I had 2" of squat and got 1.25" back with WD hitch and with OEM added hitch height and rake - the truck was pretty much level hitched up without air bags. I then adjusted air bag pressures to 50 lbs. and then 75 lbs. With 50 lbs. truck is level, with 75 lbs. it is about 1/2" @$$ high.

When towing I played around with air bag pressures and settled on 50 lbs. as a good mid point. Carried load perfect and was nice and smooth in rear end. Then I started to play with the rear control - with adjustment options of 0%, 25%, 50% and 100% - I towed 100 miles or so in each setting and ultimately settled on 25%, except on freeways of S. Cal where 50% was warranted. The flexibility of dialing in the ride height and the level of control and firmness of the rear shocks is a great feature and allowed me to "dial in" the truck and trailer for a great towing experience. Ride and control are far better than OEM set up.

Flexibility:
The abilty to shift programs on the fly from street to off road, or adjust the rear independently adds tremdeous value to the entire system. You gain so much with the ability to make on the fly adjustments as road condition change over a traditional system. I found myself tinkering and searching for the ultimate tow set up, but as I got it dialed in, I am pretty well settled on what I like. My guess is that will change if I am towing my RZR on a open trailer or the boat and it all can be down as you head down the road from the drivers seat. Once dialed in it will become set it and forget it for each confirguration!

Other Features:
In addition to the Carli "dial in" settings for rock crawl, street and off road, there is a setting section to allow you to further adjust the front and rear, independently, to your liking with the turn of the dial. I have not gone there yet, but likely will play around with it going forward, just to see what the effects are. The gauge on the A-Piller is easy to see, has adjustment for brightness for night driving and a combination of categories available via the touch screen to make adjustments within each category along with an exterior dial, that allows you to go from category to category.

There are many features within the screen and you can use it as much as you want and my guess is eventually you will set it and forget it!

Overall Conclusion:
This system is the best system for those who use their truck for a wide varity of uses from driving on the street, off roading, hauling loads in the bed and/or towing. You get flexibility with the on the fly adjustments the system provides. Total control of your system from the drivers seat on the fly. For the cost I expected a lot and Carli has deliverd a great system with great flexibility - to me that adds up to real value. Would I do it again - in a heart beat - if you have the budget - get the 3.5" or the 5.5" and start smiling - your truck will be so much better!
Great review, my install for the same system will start next week. Best of luck with it.

Fabricated Radius Arms
Towing & Air System
Wheels & Tires

Cost:

Ride on Road:

Off Road:

Towing:

Flexibility:

Other Features:

Overall Conclusion:
Just ordered my kit, without the airbags though. Do you like your rim tire setup? Also any rubbing issues? Great write up really appreciate it🤙🏼

Just ordered my kit, without the airbags though. Do you like your rim tire setup? Also any rubbing issues? Great write up really appreciate it🤙🏼
Love the wheels and tire set up! No rubbing with my Toyo AT III's - 37x12.5x18 on Method 9x18" wheels.

Now have 6,000 mileas and just under 3k towing - could not be happier with the entire system.

Fathers Day 2 (3).jpg

She’s a beaut Clark, how did you find the method rims with the black sim bead locks? Can’t find them!!
CJC changed out the gold bolts for black ones at my request when they mounted the tires. Method has the all black option on some wheels for 1/2 ton trucks - but not offered for HD.

Back