Carli Backcountry system with 37s Iconic Silver

flyinrye95

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F250 Platinum
Hello.
Finally after months of waiting I finally have everything on, well almost. What a difference the suspension makes with handling etc. I'll be towing long distance in a couple weeks so will report back again.

Goodies installed.
Carli 2.5 Backcountry system.
Torsion Sway Bar
Method 305s 20X 9
Nitto RidgeGrapplers 37x12.5
Went with Air Lift 1000 air bags on the bag.
Currently running 55/60lbs of pressure
Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thank you CJC for answering all of my questions. :)

Let me know if anyone has questions, I know I had tons prior to deciding.

Thanks
Ryan

IMG_1558.jpeg
IMG_1569.jpeg
IMG_1575.jpeg
IMG_1564.jpeg
IMG_1567.jpeg
IMG_1566.jpeg

Well thats a handsome bastard ..

Looks awesome!!

How is the ride so far compared to stock??

Truck looks tough as hell, ryan

Congrats on the build

Hello.
Finally after months of waiting I finally have everything on, well almost. What a difference the suspension makes with handling etc. I'll be towing long distance in a couple weeks so will report back again.

Goodies installed.
Carli 2.5 Backcountry system.
Torsion Sway Bar
Method 305s 20X 9
Nitto RidgeGrapplers 37x12.5
Went with Air Lift 1000 air bags on the bag.
Currently running 55/60lbs of pressure
Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thank you CJC for answering all of my questions. :)

Let me know if anyone has questions, I know I had tons prior to deciding.

Thanks
Ryan

View attachment 12510View attachment 12511View attachment 12512View attachment 12513View attachment 12509View attachment 12508
I have a Silver F350 6.7 Platinum coming to me hopefully 1/4. I also ordered Method Double Standard in Machined with 37" Ridge grapplers. I have on order the 3.5 Pintop with the works. 8,400$ just the parts. I didn't go air bags yet. We are going to have similar rigs. So i must say your most beautiful Beast has gotten me really excited for how mine turns out. Is that a 20 or a 21'. Great looking Rig. ? ? ?

Truck looks great! I really like the Ridge Grapplers...

I thought the Carli Backcountry included the new leafs or Add-a-packs to give the truck a slight rake? Did you leave your rear suspension alone? If you did, why did you go with the air bags, which are normally paired with the Deaver full leaf pack?

Truck looks great! I really like the Ridge Grapplers...

I thought the Carli Backcountry included the new leafs or Add-a-packs to give the truck a slight rake? Did you leave your rear suspension alone? If you did, why did you go with the air bags, which are normally paired with the Deaver full leaf pack?
I went back and forth for awhile. I only tow an airstream so the weight isn't a lot. I knew the rear would squat a little when hooked up and that look bugs me. lol. So I kept the tremor rear leafs etc the same and just added an airbag kit so I can raise it up level. I'm sure it would have been fine, just again I have OCD issues so wanted it level while towing. Yes there is a slight rake still which I like. I was also told that if I did the add a pack it would be more of a harsher ride. Not sure if that's true or not.

I have a Silver F350 6.7 Platinum coming to me hopefully 1/4. I also ordered Method Double Standard in Machined with 37" Ridge grapplers. I have on order the 3.5 Pintop with the works. 8,400$ just the parts. I didn't go air bags yet. We are going to have similar rigs. So i must say your most beautiful Beast has gotten me really excited for how mine turns out. Is that a 20 or a 21'. Great looking Rig. ? ? ?
Congrats, that's going to look awesome. I went with 20" wheels. All tough decisions. :).

Congrats, that's going to look awesome. I went with 20" wheels. All tough decisions. :).
Yeah seeing those in black now makes me question mine. 20” looks really sharp also.
It’s also crazy me buying so much stuff for my truck and it’s not here yet. Then there’s the worry of if it’s a lemon like a few on this Forum. My Carli Pintop is on back order till Feb - March so I have to sit on these Wheels for so long. Wifey I’d sick of the boxes piling up. Oh well.

Best of luck with your beast. Keep posting pics. Love it. ???????

Congratulations looks good

I went back and forth for awhile. I only tow an airstream so the weight isn't a lot. I knew the rear would squat a little when hooked up and that look bugs me. lol. So I kept the tremor rear leafs etc the same and just added an airbag kit so I can raise it up level. I'm sure it would have been fine, just again I have OCD issues so wanted it level while towing. Yes there is a slight rake still which I like. I was also told that if I did the add a pack it would be more of a harsher ride. Not sure if that's true or not.

They told me the Add-a-Packs would sit about 1" higher in the back on the Tremor, which I wanted for towing, and with the progressive lower leafs under my factory leafs, it would ride slightly better than stock on the highway. :unsure: I guess it depends who you talk to at Carli or CJC, as to what answer you will get. Either way, I wanted to avoid the airbags, so I ordered the Add-a-Packs.

I am still waiting on my truck to be built, so I will not know for a month or so if they were right. :)

They told me the Add-a-Packs would sit about 1" higher in the back on the Tremor, which I wanted for towing, and with the progressive lower leafs under my factory leafs, it would ride slightly better than stock on the highway. :unsure: I guess it depends who you talk to at Carli or CJC, as to what answer you will get. Either way, I wanted to avoid the airbags, so I ordered the Add-a-Packs.

I am still waiting on my truck to be built, so I will not know for a month or so if they were right. :)
I went with progressive packs. I heard someone on here say that the progressive packs are better for off roading, and made for a harder ride on the streets. I want a better ride on the streets. Any feedback. Mine will be in February to March time frame. I’d like the best ride possible. I spoke with someone at CJC but it was the week of Thanksgiving and he was screaming on the phone over all the other people on the phones with orders. AWKWARD CONVERSATION.

I installed the same shocks on my truck 2 days ago, I installed the rears opposite to how those are since that made more sense. Except clearance is tight between the harness and shock body. Mine wouldn't have fit the way yours is because the sleeve in the bushing was too small for the stud on the frame. Does it really matter?

I went with progressive packs. I heard someone on here say that the progressive packs are better for off roading, and made for a harder ride on the streets. I want a better ride on the streets. Any feedback. Mine will be in February to March time frame. I’d like the best ride possible. I spoke with someone at CJC but it was the week of Thanksgiving and he was screaming on the phone over all the other people on the phones with orders. AWKWARD CONVERSATION.

The full progressive leafs will give you the best ride on and offroad, but you sacrifice load carrying capacity to about 75% of the factory leafs. If you plan to tow heavy and still want the best ride, you can add airbags with cradles to the full progressive leafs to bring the carrying capacity back up to the limit of the truck. This gives you the best of both worlds, but also is the most expensive $$ option.

I chose to keep my factory leafs and use the progressive Add-a-Packs under my factory leafs. This maintains the full factory load capacity, removes the 3” factory blocks for less axle wrap and gives you a slightly better ride quality according to the people I talked to at Carli and CJC.

The King 2.5” shocks on the Pintop system are the ones that give you a harsher ride on the street. They are better for off-roading, but the valving makes them less comfortable on the road. If you want the best on-road shock with good off-road capabilities, you should consider the Fox 2.0” shocks that come with the Back Country system.

Last edited:
The full progressive leafs will give you the best ride on and offroad, but you sacrifice load carrying capacity to about 75% of the factory leafs. If you plan to tow heavy and still want the best ride, you can add airbags with cradles to the full progressive leafs to bring the carrying capacity back up to the limit of the truck. This gives you the best of both worlds, but also is the most expensive $$ option.

I chose to keep my factory leafs and use the progressive Add-a-Packs under my factory leafs. This maintains the full factory load capacity, removes the 3” factory blocks for less axle wrap and gives you a slightly better ride quality according to the people I talked to at Carli and CJC.

The King 2.5” shocks on the Pintop system are the ones that give you a harsher ride on the street. They are better for off-roading, but the valving makes them less comfortable on the road. If you want the best on-road shock with good off-road capabilities, you should consider the Fox 2.0” shocks that come with the Back Country system.
[/QUOTE
Thanks. I will have to do more DD on this. You definitely gave me more to ponder. Truly grateful for your response. ???????

37s look great! They pose no turning problems and the 3.55 diff turns 'em fine?
Ordered my Iconic Silver Platinum yesterday!

Latest Discussions

Back