Carli Backcountry issues

Jakesplace1

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor
Hello all. First post. I have a 2022 F250 Tremor diesel. Love the truck. I had ordered a Carli 2.5 Backcountry kit with Carli torsion sway bar, and the add a pack per Carli phone rep recommendation. I did tons of research. Had put in by professional installer for 1200.00. It rides worse than stock. Talked to Carli. They said you have to air down tires as their system is designed for tires to take the small stuff and shocks/springs etc for bigger stuff. They say 40 f and 35 rear. I did that and it’s weird. I’m ridding on factory wheels and the Goodyear 35 inch duratrack and I can go over speed bumps faster and it’s better. But many parts of the road will vibrate like crazy. It’s terrible. As I type this I am having new tires put on to see if that fixes. New Cooper 35 inch. I took pics of install and sent to Carli and they say it looks right and they don’t know. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m 4k in parts and 1200 install. HELP!!!!!!!

Hello all. First post. I have a 2022 F250 Tremor diesel. Love the truck. I had ordered a Carli 2.5 Backcountry kit with Carli torsion sway bar, and the add a pack per Carli phone rep recommendation. I did tons of research. Had put in by professional installer for 1200.00. It rides worse than stock. Talked to Carli. They said you have to air down tires as their system is designed for tires to take the small stuff and shocks/springs etc for bigger stuff. They say 40 f and 35 rear. I did that and it’s weird. I’m ridding on factory wheels and the Goodyear 35 inch duratrack and I can go over speed bumps faster and it’s better. But many parts of the road will vibrate like crazy. It’s terrible. As I type this I am having new tires put on to see if that fixes. New Cooper 35 inch. I took pics of install and sent to Carli and they say it looks right and they don’t know. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m 4k in parts and 1200 install. HELP!!!!!!!
Did they do an alignment after the install?

I went to 40/40 psi on the tires. I didnt do the add-a-pac, I did the full deavers. It rides 100% better than stock. Remember the F250 is a tank and over 6000 lbs.

It will always ride hard without something in the bed or on the bumper. You will never get to a raptor style ride.

One thing I’ve learned from reading and feedback from friends with various Carli kits is there’s a wide range of “rides better” definitions. Better doesn’t always mean softer or more comfortable.
That’s what I’m finding out. Lol.

I went to 40/40 psi on the tires. I didnt do the add-a-pac, I did the full deavers. It rides 100% better than stock. Remember the F250 is a tank and over 6000 lbs.

It will always ride hard without something in the bed or on the bumper. You will never get to a raptor style ride.
Ok. Being serious here. Please explain what “rides 100% better” means to you using descriptive words. I bought this because of what you just wrote times 100 people saying it. I don’t expect a soft Lincoln don’t feel anything type ride from a 3/4 ton truck. But it is worse than stock. That’s the important thing I’m trying to figure out here. I paid 4700 plus 1200 and for that it should ride 100% better than stock. It is worse than stock though on the road. I’m about to go back to stock and have to spend another 1200 to do it

No one should recommend the Add-a-pack with the F350 (Tremor) springs. We list this all over the website as it will make the rear sharp. That's likely what you're feeling.

The Backcountry, being a mid-level system, is designed/tuned around the lighter full progressive leaf springs. It would be good with a F250 spring and add-a-pack but the F350 pack is a monster.

To optimize the small bump compliance, we recommend 45F/35R. Not on stock tires - this is for aftermarket off-road tires. This is the CORRECT pressure to run on a tire built more robust than the weak factory tires. Larger tires with proper pressure and taller sidewalls will help with the small bump compliance as the Carli Systems will improve the compliance and control but we don't want to lighten the spring rates enough that the truck can't limit body-roll with shock valving. Did the installer confirm the nitrogen pressures in the shocks?

When you say "vibrations", what do you mean? A vibration like constant, rotational shake going down the road? or, when you hit a bump, it feels like hitting a baseball off the wrong part of the bat?

We can run over the installation but i don't think you're going to see the compliance you're after with the add-a-pack on teh F350 springs. It's a pretty stiff combo that will make the truck feel pretty imbalanced. The Commuter shocks would handle this combo better as they're tuned around the factory leaf springs/add-a-packs.

No one should recommend the Add-a-pack with the F350 (Tremor) springs. We list this all over the website as it will make the rear sharp. That's likely what you're feeling.

The Backcountry, being a mid-level system, is designed/tuned around the lighter full progressive leaf springs. It would be good with a F250 spring and add-a-pack but the F350 pack is a monster.

To optimize the small bump compliance, we recommend 45F/35R. Not on stock tires - this is for aftermarket off-road tires. This is the CORRECT pressure to run on a tire built more robust than the weak factory tires. Larger tires with proper pressure and taller sidewalls will help with the small bump compliance as the Carli Systems will improve the compliance and control but we don't want to lighten the spring rates enough that the truck can't limit body-roll with shock valving. Did the installer confirm the nitrogen pressures in the shocks?

When you say "vibrations", what do you mean? A vibration like constant, rotational shake going down the road? or, when you hit a bump, it feels like hitting a baseball off the wrong part of the bat?

We can run over the installation but i don't think you're going to see the compliance you're after with the add-a-pack on teh F350 springs. It's a pretty stiff combo that will make the truck feel pretty imbalanced. The Commuter shocks would handle this combo better as they're tuned around the factory leaf springs/add-a-packs.
Thank for the reply. The ride is ok sometimes. Driving 40 on city streets you feel bumps(your going to) and is what I would say is same as it was stock which actually for a big truck is pretty good being stock set up. Adding all the Carli, sometimes it rides as good as factory and then I get on the highway doing 70 and it is ok on perfect smooth roads but if there is imperfections then it kinda “vibrates” like up and down real fast and feels like your riding in an old Willy’s jeep or something. We drove to 8 hours to Iowa from Wichita KS, then to Omaha, NE then home. Absolutely worst drive ever. Father in law has stock F250 gas 4x4 that rides like an suv compared to mine on roads that aren’t perfect at 55-80 mph

Need some info here. It was my understanding that the tremor came stock with the F350 leaf package. So if you opt for the backcountry and want to go stiffer you go with the HD add a leaf option but if you don't need that you select a different add a pack. I s this correct

$5k + and the secret to a better ride is 40psi?

That was kinda the secret with the stock suspension as well.

I feel for you and have to wonder what on earth the point is of spending that much money only to be told 'try letting air out of the tires'.

Last edited:
$5k + and the secret to a better ride is 40psi?

That was kinda the secret with the stock suspension as well.

I feel for you and have to wonder what on earth the point is of spending that much money only to be told 'try letting air out of the tires'.
Birdhunter 39. That’s exactly how I feel. I spent 4,700 on a system that is supposed to be better on road and off and it’s just not. I bought what I bought after talking to Carli rep over phone and going through I have a F250 Tremor diesel that comes with 350 rear leaf springs and I plan on leaving 35 inch tires and being on road 99% and towing a camper. He told me to buy this and I did. Now 4,700 plus 1200 install and I’m upset and everyone goes lower tire pressure and I’m like. I did. I can’t go any lower. I also just put on new tires to the tune of 1700.00 and nothing. Carli needs to step up big time on this

we all have 350 springs. the trucks ride very nice stock at 50/55 or so. add maybe 5-10 for towing heavyish. if keeping 35s and not planning to go jumping hills in the desert i think you're just fine with a stock truck. i've seen videos of the pintop doing crazy speeds over rough stuff in the desert and it IS impressive....but that is a very specific use case and just not what a large majority of SD owners will be doing with their trucks.

Your described use is perfect for a stock truck.

we all have 350 springs. the trucks ride very nice stock at 50/55 or so. add maybe 5-10 for towing heavyish. if keeping 35s and not planning to go jumping hills in the desert i think you're just fine with a stock truck. i've seen videos of the pintop doing crazy speeds over rough stuff in the desert and it IS impressive....but that is a very specific use case and just not what a large majority of SD owners will be doing with their trucks.

Your described use is perfect for a stock truck.
Yes. I agree with you 100%. I hope that Carli steps up on this somehow or I have to say keep stock and save your money as it’s just not worth it

well to be fair i'm not sure there is any 'stepping up' to be done here. i can't imagine a guarantee on ride is something you'd see from any suspension maker. You can probably get solid money selling it if you go back to stock.

if you’re looking to offload that crappy suspension I’d be willing to sacrifice my ride quality for yours…….. you know, just to help out a fellow tremor owner

:ROFLMAO: Not a caddy never will be

Need some info here. It was my understanding that the tremor came stock with the F350 leaf package. So if you opt for the backcountry and want to go stiffer you go with the HD add a leaf option but if you don't need that you select a different add a pack. I s this correct

LEAF PACK OPTIONS // Balancing ride and capability, the add a pack retains factory payload but improves small bump compliance by increasing the leaf count and reducing leaf thickness in half the pack. With the full leaf pack, a 15% payload reduction gets the best possible ride quality from the rear of the truck. Small chatter or large hit, this leaf pack will swallow it whole. The HD pack is ONLY for chase trucks or trucks with over 2,000lbs in bed at all times.

Back