Carli 3.5 Pintop Suspension and 37s, should I get the Tremor Package?

Tx-Tremor6.7

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black
Current Ride #2
2023 Corvette C8 Stingray R
I am a long-time Raptor owner (10+ years over two generations) and I am considering the move to a new Super Duty, mainly for towing a 7000 lb travel trailer. My current Gen 2 Raptor has Toyo RT 37s along with a lot of other suspension/performance mods, so I am no stranger to modified Ford trucks.

If I am planning to do a 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension with Add-a-pack leafs and 37s on my new Super Duty, is there any reason to buy the Tremor package? I will be replacing the Tremor tires/wheels and shocks, so what else do I get with the Tremor package? I see there are $1710 in discounts when you combine the Tremor with various Lariat and trailer towing packages, so that makes the price of the Tremor package more reasonable. (I want the Lariat and towing packages one way or the other) However, It looks like I can get a similarly equipped Lariat Sport/Ultimate with Diesel and High Capacity Trailer Towing for about the same money, but there seems to be better discounts available for the non-Tremor trucks. Do I get the Tremor just for the cool factor? :cool:

I want the diesel for towing, but I can be talked out of it if the 4:30s with the 7.3L gas engine are the right way to go for a truck with 37s that will be used more for towing than off-roading. Most of the Tremor diesels I have found in Texas are spec'd with the 3:55s and high capacity towing option, plus I really like the idea of 1050 lb-ft of torque for towing my TT across the country in the upcoming year.

Are the gears and the “trail control” software worth it for you? Look at my other thread around mods. I’ve wondered the same thing. Some folks say the software or sticker is worth the $4k even if you mod most of the parts away.

If you are going to change the suspension, wheels, and tires then the only thing you get with the tremor package are a limited slip front differential and trail control (off-road cruise control). If those aren’t a big priority to you, there is a lot more flexibility in a regular f250/f350. For instance, you could get a F350 Limited crew cab long bed with the 48 gallon fuel tank (I considered doing this with the carli and 37s). I ultimately went with the tremor because I wanted everything done when I drove off and under warranty. That was worth the ground clearance sacrifice to me. Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited:
Are the gears and the “trail control” software worth it for you? Look at my other thread around mods. I’ve wondered the same thing. Some folks say the software or sticker is worth the $4k even if you mod most of the parts away.

Hey Pat, I saw your post on the Raptor Forum saying you were moving to a Tremor. :)

Thanks for your detailed replies, I appreciate the pointers...

If you are going to change the suspension, wheels, and tires then the only thing you get with the tremor package are a limited slip front differential and trail control (off-road cruise control). If those aren’t a big priority to you, there is a lot more flexibility in a regular f250/f350. For instance, you could get a F350 Limited crew cab long bed with the 48 galling fuel tank (I considered doing this with the carli and 37s). I ultimately went with the tremor because I wanted everything done when I drove off and under warranty. That was worth the ground clearance sacrifice to me. Good luck with your purchase!

I do not want an 8' bed. Coming from 10 years of 5.5' beds, I think the 6' 7" bed is going to be long enough for me. I am not too concerned with my warranty, as I have always made suspension/tuning changes on previous trucks without issues. The Carli Pintop with 37s seems to be the best option out there and will probably ride as good as my Raptor on / off road.

I don’t remember which video it was specifically, but one of the vids from CJC Off-road said to get the Tremor and use it as the base for any major suspension mods. (They claim it’s still worth it)

On the Lariat the price isn't as bad since you get some discounts. I decided against the Tremor (hope nobody notices) package when I decided to go Platinum since it is full price and I can do a lot for that $4k.
I think even for the cost on Lariat you can do the front differential aftermarket. Only missing the crawl control and ability to factory order a winch.

Biggest thing IMO is you would need a new name if you don't go Tremor.

On the Lariat the price isn't as bad since you get some discounts. I decided against the Tremor (hope nobody notices) package when I decided to go Platinum since it is full price and I can do a lot for that $4k.
I think even for the cost on Lariat you can do the front differential aftermarket. Only missing the crawl control and ability to factory order a winch.

Different Strokes For Different Folks. But I’m glad you went with a Ford Super Duty.

If you get a smoking deal on one in inventory.
If your going to do all that work and wheels I would say no, just order a Superduty to your liking and have at it once you bring it home. It's going to be a great truck either way.

Interestingly enough, I found two Lariat trucks that have "almost" identical options, one with Tremor and the other with the FX4 package. This is as close of a comparison you are going to get between the two, and what I discovered is the Tremor is $625 cheaper because of the $1710 in discounts. You will also notice, several of the other options are cheaper when combined with the Tremor. (3:55 Electronic Axle is N/C with Tremor, High Cap Towing is $1130 for Tremor vs $2730 for non-Tremor) They are definitely trying to make the Tremor more appealing when combined with popular features.

The lower price makes the decision to go with a Tremor almost a no-brainer, if you are good with the Lariat Sport, Ultimate and High Capacity Tow options. Since I hate Chrome on all of my cars, I will not buy a Super Duty without the Sport black-out package. This makes the Lariat a perfect fit for my use case. :cool:

Tremor w/ Diesel, Lariat Sport, Ultimate and High Cap Towing: ($1710 in discounts)

Tremor-Lariat-Disel-NV.png

FX4 w/ Diesel, Lariat Sport, Ultimate and High Cap Towing:

Sport-Lariat-Diesel-NV.png

Last edited:
That's ironic, I was gonna say don't get the Tremor, but with making it cheaper...I guess that settles it?

That's ironic, I was gonna say don't get the Tremor, but with making it cheaper...I guess that settles it?

Pretty much, and now, I might get to keep my forum name! :D

The only other "minor" issue might be dealer discounting. I am going to see what kind of price I can get on both of the trucks to see if there are better discounts on the FX4 vs Tremor. In the end, I might end up with the Tremor just for the rear sticker... :cool:

I have been buildin 2020's online even though I am ordering a 2021. I have been bouncing around similar ideas and just ran four quick builds (using only what it would allow on Ford's site). All are F350, SRW, 6.7 trucks. I also make notes about my thought process on each build. The price is the MSRP off the Ford site.

Platnium with Tremor: $86,295

I would need to factor in blacking out most all of the chrome. I would also add deployable running boards. That's another couple of thousand dollars.

Platnium NO Tremor: $82,980.

I would need to black out the chrome but this build already had the deployable baords. I would also have to invest in some sort of suspension/lift as well as tire and rims.

Lariet with Tremor and Sport: $83,630

This is with adding deployable boards. No blackout needed because of the sport package. Nothing really needing to be added.

Lariet NO Tremor: $80,795

This has deployable boards and is blacked out. I would want to add some suspension and get new tires but use the factory sport wheels. I kind of prefer 20's anyway.

Interestingly enough, I found two Lariat trucks that have identical options, one with Tremor and the other with the FX4 package. This is as close of a comparison you are going to get between the two, and what I discovered is the Tremor is $625 cheaper because of the $1710 in discounts. You will also notice, several of the other options are cheaper when combined with the Tremor. (3:55 Electronic Axle is N/C with Tremor, High Cap Towing is $1130 for Tremor vs $2730 for non-Tremor) They are definitely trying to make the Tremor more appealing when combined with popular features.

The lower price makes the decision to go with a Tremor almost a no-brainer, if you are good with the Lariat Sport, Ultimate and High Capacity Tow options. Since I hate Chrome on all of my cars, I will not buy a Super Duty without the Sport black-out package. This makes the Lariat a perfect fit for my use case. :cool:

Tremor w/ Diesel, Lariat Sport, Ultimate and High Cap Towing: ($1710 in discounts)

View attachment 7912

View attachment 7913
The one big difference I see is no PTBA on the Tremor and has it on the FX4 which would account for an extra $1600 on the one with it. If you can do without the cameras I say go Tremor in this case. Also note no 5er prep on the Tremor ($500 difference there) but may not even need if you stick with the TT. Not sure if they are willing to deal the same or discount one more than the other but worth a shot if you are interested.

The one big difference I see is no PTBA on the Tremor and has it on the FX4 which would account for an extra $1600 on the one with it. If you can do without the cameras I say go Tremor in this case. Also note no 5er prep on the Tremor ($500 difference there) but may not even need if you stick with the TT. Not sure if they are willing to deal the same or discount one more than the other but worth a shot if you are interested.

Ahh, you are right. I missed the PTBA listed at the end of the High Capacity Towing option on the FX4. I was wondering why their was such a big difference in price of the two High Cap towing options. If PTBA is the camera system that helps you backup with the stickers on your trailer, I do not need it. I have the same thing on my 2018 Raptor and I have never used it.

I am not planning to tow a 5th wheel, so I do not need the 5er prep either.

OK, so now we are back to the Tremor being slightly more expensive and is the software / sticker on the back and vented axles worth the difference? In my book, it is still a yes!

Interestingly enough, I found two Lariat trucks that have "almost" identical options, one with Tremor and the other with the FX4 package. This is as close of a comparison you are going to get between the two, and what I discovered is the Tremor is $625 cheaper because of the $1710 in discounts. You will also notice, several of the other options are cheaper when combined with the Tremor. (3:55 Electronic Axle is N/C with Tremor, High Cap Towing is $1130 for Tremor vs $2730 for non-Tremor) They are definitely trying to make the Tremor more appealing when combined with popular features.

View attachment 7912

View attachment 7913
Disclaimer: I started this before others replied and already covered this, just finally sent it.

The second one has 360 camera the Tremor does not.
Camera is the difference in high capacity trailer package and high cap trailer pkg PTBA (Pro trailer backup assist).
Early in research I almost jumped on a sport with all options except the 360, only reason I noticed it is called out the 3rd brake light camera and then I noticed.

I have been buildin 2020's online even though I am ordering a 2021. I have been bouncing around similar ideas and just ran four quick builds (using only what it would allow on Ford's site). All are F350, SRW, 6.7 trucks. I also make notes about my thought process on each build. The price is the MSRP off the Ford site.

Platnium with Tremor: $86,295

I would need to factor in blacking out most all of the chrome. I would also add deployable running boards. That's another couple of thousand dollars.

F350 Platinum Tremor can get power running boards for free. BUT the online build tool won't allow it. If you do the same to an F250 it does allow. I have seen window stickers for F350 Platinum Tremor with power boards so the Ford ordering system likely allows it.

Back