Car washes??

Walnutz

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 7.3L Lariat sport
Has anyone tried getting into a car wash? All the local ones to me are 7ft max. Only thing That makes contact with the height bar is those two plastic things on the roof (what are they anyways)? Was really hoping to be able to go through the touch less but don’t want to ruin anything, thanks for any input.

I second no car washes I will get ceramic coated and do my own cleaning
I don’t do automatics....only wash it myself with wand and by hand.
Not a problem fitting in car washes in redneck Red Deer ?

Has anyone tried getting into a car wash? All the local ones to me are 7ft max. Only thing That makes contact with the height bar is those two plastic things on the roof (what are they anyways)? Was really hoping to be able to go through the touch less but don’t want to ruin anything, thanks for any input.
There are a few you could probably go thru just check them out carefully, doubt you will get rash on your wheels with the big tires but thats a problem for my cars with car washes

The car washes at the chain gas stations have an option for" soft touch" ( like dragging sand paper over your paint) or touch less. How ever they have a large PCV tube probably 4" diameter on a wire
when you drive into the wash if you clear it, your golden. Its pretty tall guessing no troubles for a Tremor

The plastic things are the satellite receptors

Ceramic coated, so I do use touch less only car wash. White truck after 8k miles, I will have to hand wash it soon to get it perfect. So far so good with a local touch less.

I've washed once in 6200 miles. One of those wash it yourself places. I doubt I'd fit through any automated ones, and don't really want to try.

I do use carwashes. No issue with fitting into my local carwash, it does a fantastic job to boot and it is not even a touchless, heaven forbid! I honestly do not get the "fear" with this path but respect everyone's choice.

I went thru one last week. The satellite antennas hit 7 foot cross bar but truck went thru carwash no problem. Been thru a 7 foot 2 inch easily .

I put mine through a Mike's Carwash (now Crew carwash) and was puckered the whole time. Obviously folded the mirrors and antenna removed, the frame for the wash sprayer and rollers came within 6 inches of the side windshield columns but it was all good!

I have a touchless across the street from my office so I wash about every other day in the winter here on their basic wash just to keep the salt knocked off best I can. $21 for unlimited wash pass.

I had to install a shorter antenna as it kept hitting the bar that moves over the truck.

My ‘18 350 goes thru one all the time with level kit and 35’s. I have the monthly package where you can run it through every 24 hrs. This car wash isn’t touch less but no issues although you need to remove antenna.

If I ever get my ‘22 Tremor it’s going through it too. :D

I actually don't mind washing myself. The Tremor is so big, it's actually quite easy to wash, you don't have to do a lot of bending to reach areas that are much tougher on cars. I found a nice, boat brush, with a micro-fiber wash head that works really well. The only "issue" I have is the AB paint shows every water spot and drying with a shammy can be a bit of a pain. Particularly the back edge of the hood and roof are not easy to reach......;)

Back