Can't latch rear seat

I've tried to align the damned latch with the bar, must've been 70 f!@# times now... It will not bite.

This is some hateful shit and, given the potential payout, a truly useless mod in terms of post-installation returns.

Edit: Have achieved exactly one latch. 0/10 would not recommend.

This was me the first time and every once and a while since.

Best advice I learned was paying attention to the lower seat angle when pulling the strap. Making sure I have the lower seat at the same angle when I re-latch it, works most of the time. It’s not the product it’s just the design by ford. Sad thing is the passenger seat, factory, one is east.

I've tried to align the damned latch with the bar, must've been 70 f!@# times now... It will not bite.

This is some hateful shit and, given the potential payout, a truly useless mod in terms of post-installation returns.

This made me laugh - I’m not a swearing man, but if there’s one thing that can turn me into a raging cuss word storm, it’s simple car project that ends up being not simple. I have this latch sitting in a box waiting for the truck. I want to eventually do some aftermarket stereo upgrades, so figured this was the easiest way to do that. I guarantee I will have your exact experience with this latch, as that is my luck!

Operator error. Slam it. It works as advertised.

Operator error. Slam it. It works as advertised.

Please... I'm not above owning mistakes when they occur, but slamming the seat into a misaligned bar won't achieve a thing, no matter how hard you try.

I don't care who crafted the strap, the strap itself is irrelevant. Ford's bracket is the issue.

Shit design, cheap parts, shallow catch.

Last edited:
Shit design, cheap parts, shallow catch

I bought a Builtright release and have found there is little to no room back there. Just putting that out there first.

I would not go so far as to call it a shit design or cheap. The factory release and bracket is not meant to be used in the way people want. It is only intended for service and for most customers will NEVER be employed. That is why the rear passenger seat has a nice little strap to release and works perfectly - because that was a function and use for which it was designed....

Please... I'm not above owning mistakes when they occur, but slamming the seat into a misaligned bar won't achieve a thing, no matter how hard you try.

I don't care who crafted the strap, the strap itself is irrelevant. Ford's bracket is the issue.

Shit design, cheap parts, shallow catch.
Again. Operator error.

Check out how to latch your seat here at 5:48. If you do not do this, you're doing it wrong.

Back