Tx-Tremor6.7

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black
Current Ride #2
2023 Corvette C8 Stingray R
I have a 2021 Tremor with Sync 3.4 and yesterday my SiriusXM stopped playing sound. I could select the different stations, but I could not hear the audio. I figured it was a "sync" fluke and since I was just getting home when it happened after disconnecting from a phone call, I just turned off the truck.

Today, I get back in and there is still no audio playing from the SiriusXM stations. I switched the source to AM, FM and my phone, and they all play as expected. Now, when I try to choose SiriusXM from the icon in the Audio Sources menu, nothing happens. I pressed it 5 or 6 times and it just stays on the audio sources menu. Again, all of the other options works as expected. I started the SiriusXM app from my phone and I can play all of the stations using Bluetooth to my truck, so there are no issues with SiriusXM. However, this means I have to change the radio station from my phone which is not ideal.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? I read on another Ford Forum about doing a master radio reset for other SiriusXM related problems, but this particular issues was not mentioned.

Sync Version:
Sync-Version.jpeg

Cannot select this icon from the Sources menu.

Sync-Sources.jpeg

Sync says I am up to date
Sync-UpToDate.jpeg

I've been having the same problem over the last several weeks. XM will freeze while the other options work without issue. I'll turn the car off/on without success. I've also read that you can disconnect the battery for a short time to reset, but that's a PITA. It's interesting that others are having the same issue as well. I am going to call the dealership tomorrow, but I am sure they'll have no idea what I am talking about

I had the same experience. I tried the disconnecting the battery but that did not fix it, it just reset my settings. The 2 button reboot fixed mine. I should note that mine has done this a couple times and the reboot worked both times.

Remember, Sync used to run on a the Ctl-Alt-Delete OS. Now it runs on a BlackBerry OS. So a reboot is the first SOP when troubleshooting.

It’s a glitch a lot of us are having. Press and hold the power button and the fast forward button at the same time until it resets.
Is this the master radio reset which requires you to redo all of your settings or more like a ctrl-alt-delete?

Or.....just pay your SiriusXM bill.
HAHA! That’s funny because I just signed up for the 12 months for $5 per month deal, which includes all the extra channels in my truck and online. They have been pestering me for several months since my free trial expired, so I finally decided it was worth $60 for a full year of service. I will probably cancel it at the end of the 12 months, but for now, I am paid up! Thanks for the suggestion... ;)

No. Basically a restart.
Thanks! I gave that a try and my SiriusXM is now working as expected... (y)

This forum is much better than taking it into my local dealer, who would have kept my truck for a week and probably replaced the whole radio, telling Ford that was the problem... LOL

HAHA! That’s funny because I just signed up for the 12 months for $5 per month deal, which includes all the extra channels in my truck and online. They have been pestering me for several months since my free trial expired, so I finally decided it was worth $60 for a full year of service. I will probably cancel it at the end of the 12 months, but for now, I am paid up! Thanks for the suggestion... ;)
I love my XM. I've had them for years in various forms. They're easy to beat. Everytime your low price subscription is up and they raise your rates, just call them and tell them to turn it off. Amazingly there's a brand new trial subscription that just becomes available and you get a great rate for that defined time period. When that subscription is up you do it all over again. Play that game every year for the last 11 years.

Mine started doing this exact issue as of this morning driving into work. Glad I didn't have this trouble the past 2 weeks driving to Montana with my wife!

I have a 2021 Tremor with Sync 3.4 and yesterday my SiriusXM stopped playing sound. I could select the different stations, but I could not hear the audio. I figured it was a "sync" fluke and since I was just getting home when it happened after disconnecting from a phone call, I just turned off the truck.

Today, I get back in and there is still no audio playing from the SiriusXM stations. I switched the source to AM, FM and my phone, and they all play as expected. Now, when I try to choose SiriusXM from the icon in the Audio Sources menu, nothing happens. I pressed it 5 or 6 times and it just stays on the audio sources menu. Again, all of the other options works as expected. I started the SiriusXM app from my phone and I can play all of the stations using Bluetooth to my truck, so there are no issues with SiriusXM. However, this means I have to change the radio station from my phone which is not ideal.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? I read on another Ford Forum about doing a master radio reset for other SiriusXM related problems, but this particular issues was not mentioned.

Sync Version:

Cannot select this icon from the Sources menu.

Sync says I am up to date
Thank you all for info, my radio finally f'ed up as of this morning.

Mine started doing this exact issue as of this morning driving into work. Glad I didn't have this trouble the past 2 weeks driving to Montana with my wife!
Did the reset work for you?

While my truck hasn't done this my wifes new exploder was doing this. It seemed to happen more frequently when she was connecting with her phone via usb cable. Not sure if the car play had anything to do with it or not and it hasn't been happening lately (but she is no longer connecting to usb with her phone).
Anytime I would get into that car after she was using USB with her phone, I would have to reset to XM to work.

While my truck hasn't done this my wifes new exploder was doing this. It seemed to happen more frequently when she was connecting with her phone via usb cable. Not sure if the car play had anything to do with it or not and it hasn't been happening lately (but she is no longer connecting to usb with her phone).
Anytime I would get into that car after she was using USB with her phone, I would have to reset to XM to work.
I don’t connect mine via CarPlay anymore. I guess I should try it out to see if the phone call issues are fixed. it has been doing it with the phone connected via Bluetooth

I didn't have this issue for the first 6 months of owning the truck, but the last two weeks it has happened several times. I have done as stated above (hold power + fast forward for 10 seconds to reset) and it gets it going again. I just assumed that there was a recent over the air update that caused this to happen more frequently and hopefully the next update with clear up the issue. For now it is mildly annoying.

I've been having this issue A LOT. For a few weeks it was practically every 1 and 3 times when I turn on the truck. In the past week or so it hasn't really done it as much. Annoying as F*** considering how much money these trucks cost. I've had other issues with Sync sync the week I drove my truck home, coming up to a year.

I would love to just use Apple CarPlay, but when I do and I'm on a call, people can't hear me but I hear them just fine. If it's just bluetooth, it's fine. I don't want to have to unplug my phone every time I take a call when driving. I really wish Ford would fix these issues that a lot of us our experiencing.

It’s a glitch a lot of us are having. Press and hold the power button and the fast forward button at the same time until it resets.
Mine has been doing this as well, nice to know how to restart it now. My tundra would freeze up too and I would just hold the power button. Thanks

I'm having the same issue, so does pressing the power button and FWD cure the issue or is it a temp fix until the next time?

Back