cancel my 2021 for a 2022 F250 Tremor?

trevor1030

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21 F250 Roush, 14 Nissan GTR
Can someone break it down for me? Are the only upgrades a 12 inch screen and sync 4?

I have a 2021 that just started being build last week, it is a lariat tremor f250 with every option around 90k, i planned to keep the truck for a very long time. If i am doing this should i wait for the 2022? I just dont want to lose anything as i could find any info on if the 2022s dont have things a 2021 have? The screen would be nice to have, but waiting till june to start production and then figure 3-4 months from there? (I had placed my order in December 10th and it finally started the build process the 7th of march.)

Cheers
Trevor

Can someone break it down for me? Are the only upgrades a 12 inch screen and sync 4?

I have a 2021 that just started being build last week, it is a lariat tremor f250 with every option around 90k, i planned to keep the truck for a very long time. If i am doing this should i wait for the 2022? I just dont want to lose anything as i could find any info on if the 2022s dont have things a 2021 have? The screen would be nice to have, but waiting till june to start production and then figure 3-4 months from there? (I had placed my order in December 10th and it finally started the build process the 7th of march.)

Cheers
Trevor
basically yes that's it. search for videos and write-ups by credible sources. I personally waited for the 22 and I'll wait because I don't need it before next year.

basically yes that's it. search for videos and write-ups by credible sources. I personally waited for the 22 and I'll wait because I don't need it before next year.
yea ive been thinking about waiting, but i have been waiting since around beginning of october, im kinda over waiting. But i may...

I had a 21' on order when Ford announced there would be changes made to the 22's. My dealers has always been great, said no problem. If you don't want your new truck when it arrives, we'll just order a 22' for ya. The only changes in 22' that would effect me is the larger Nav Screen with the Sync 4 upgrade. Nice, but I'm 62, I could give a shit how big a Nav Screen is. My new truck arrived on the 16th, Just over 7 weeks. I'm picking it up today.

I "think" I would take delivery of the ‘21 and trade it for a ‘23 down the road. Assuming you wont have huge negative equity (I obviously don’t know your financials). Two pluses the way I see it. You avoid the issues that will inevitably arrive with new software and you get to drive your Tremor today not 6 months from now.

I had a 21' on order when Ford announced there would be changes made to the 22's. My dealers has always been great, said no problem. If you don't want your new truck when it arrives, we'll just order a 22' for ya. The only changes in 22' that would effect me is the larger Nav Screen with the Sync 4 upgrade. Nice, but I'm 62, I could give a shit how big a Nav Screen is. My new truck arrived on the 16th, Just over 7 weeks. I'm picking it up today.
I think I might skip the bigger screen, I’m not 100% but I never use vehicle navigation always my phone. I did hear that the new trucks do have wireless CarPlay which I’ve never had a car with CarPlay so not sure how much I would use either. Send me some photos when you pick up the beast! The waiting game is just not one I care to play as I’ve been waiting far too long.

yea ive been thinking about waiting, but i have been waiting since around beginning of october, im kinda over waiting. But i may...
I get it man, I hate the wait. I ordered my 22 on March 15th and know I won't see it until august or September if everything goes well. another consideration for getting the 22 knowing a likely refresh is coming in 23 is I love the current exterior and fear what may come next.

I "think" I would take delivery of the ‘21 and trade it for a ‘23 down the road. Assuming you wont have huge negative equity (I obviously don’t know your financials). Two pluses the way I see it. You avoid the issues that will inevitably arrive with new software and you get to drive your Tremor today not 6 months from now.
I never thought about this financially I could see a 2024. But I’m afraid if the change the design to much I would dislike it. But the issues with software could be a real thing. I’ve never owned a Ford vehicle but heard they are usually good. But yea having waited so long I might just get the truck see if I would even like it and then go from there. I have never had a heavy duty truck as my daily driver before. Only driven a few for test drives, but the f250s make the f150s look childish!

I never thought about this financially I could see a 2024. But I’m afraid if the change the design to much I would dislike it. But the issues with software could be a real thing. I’ve never owned a Ford vehicle but heard they are usually good. But yea having waited so long I might just get the truck see if I would even like it and then go from there. I have never had a heavy duty truck as my daily driver before. Only driven a few for test drives, but the f250s make the f150s look childish!
you get used to it very quickly and for me being a speed demon it actually helps me drive in a lawful (almost) manner.

I get it man, I hate the wait. I ordered my 22 on March 15th and know I won't see it until august or September if everything goes well. another consideration for getting the 22 knowing a likely refresh is coming in 23 is I love the current exterior and fear what may come next.
Yea it’s annoying that a 2022 is so close to where im currently at. I think i will have the truck in my driveway early to mid April. But thinking I could get the same truck just bigger screen and wireless CarPlay and wait a couple more months is tempting. But my dealer told me 7-10 weeks. Here I am week 15 and truck hasn’t even shipped yet even with highest priority 10. But I am also afraid they will change the exterior to a more round look with like the f150 and I prefer the more square f250. It looks aggressive imo. Idk, half of me wants to wait half doesn’t. I actually ordered a ram limited 2500 in September got it in November exactly 8 weeks, awesome process with the dealership, but truck lagged on power and last minute I backed out and walked into the Ford dealer for a tremor. So acquiring a truck has been a long process.

I have a question. Since the price difference seems to be fairly minimal between the 250 and 350 what is the reasoning for getting a 250? Ride quality?? Or something else.

b
Yea it’s annoying that a 2022 is so close to where im currently at. I think i will have the truck in my driveway early to mid April. But thinking I could get the same truck just bigger screen and wireless CarPlay and wait a couple more months is tempting. But my dealer told me 7-10 weeks. Here I am week 15 and truck hasn’t even shipped yet even with highest priority 10. But I am also afraid they will change the exterior to a more round look with like the f150 and I prefer the more square f250. It looks aggressive imo. Idk, half of me wants to wait half doesn’t. I actually ordered a ram limited 2500 in September got it in November exactly 8 weeks, awesome process with the dealership, but truck lagged on power and last minute I backed out and walked into the Ford dealer for a tremor. So acquiring a truck has been a long process.
been in the RAM camp most of my life until I went HD again. I had a Duramax in 2012 that ended up a buy back after all of the problems. couple of ram 1500's now finally getting the baddest mother on the planet imo. good luck with everything

I have a question. Since the price difference seems to be fairly minimal between the 250 and 350 what is the reasoning for getting a 250? Ride quality?? Or something else.
for me I don't tow ofter or heavy and am doing a full Carli suspension with the full rear spring replacement. this reduces the load capacity to a Light 3/4 ton so no point in a 350 for me.

for me I don't tow ofter or heavy and am doing a full Carli suspension with the full rear spring replacement. this reduces the load capacity to a Light 3/4 ton so no point in a 350 for me.
Ok thanks...I guess I was thinking 350 would be more valuable a few years from now when it's time to move on. I did have dibs on a Tremor 350 that the dealer had in their que (being built) but the wife figured she didn't like the color so I ended up placing an order for what we want. I'm sure a 250 would handle my 11 to 12,000lb boat just fine but went with the 350 because the price difference wasn't all that much. Big problem now is I placed the order 3/13 and supposedly orders were stopped the 11th. The dealer is looking into it now. I like the idea of the 12" screen and sync 4 but not sure if I want to wait.

Next question since I haven't played too hard on the configuration side of it. Why dress up a Lariat to 90 grand instead of starting at Platinum and adding from there. Do you get more options starting from a Lariat?

Ok thanks...I guess I was thinking 350 would be more valuable a few years from now when it's time to move on. I did have dibs on a Tremor 350 that the dealer had in their que (being built) but the wife figured she didn't like the color so I ended up placing an order for what we want. I'm sure a 250 would handle my 11 to 12,000lb boat just fine but went with the 350 because the price difference wasn't all that much. Big problem now is I placed the order 3/13 and supposedly orders were stopped the 11th. The dealer is looking into it now. I like the idea of the 12" screen and sync 4 but not sure if I want to wait.

Next question since I haven't played too hard on the configuration side of it. Why dress up a Lariat to 90 grand instead of starting at Platinum and adding from there. Do you get more options starting from a Lariat?
I went platinum and never dressed up a Lariat. the only thing I've seen except for a slightly lower price is the availability of the black out package which you can't get on platinum. another resale thought I've heard besides going 350 is the fifth wheel prep package.

You can always just keep the 21 then trade next year. Get the latest 22 like you want it, which I'd imagine will be the job 2 trucks with all the bugs worked out before the new 23 model.

Otherwise, cancel the 21, Ford starts KTP builds June 1st on the 22 model. So if you got your dealer to give you priority 10 Retail, you may get the truck end of June/July time frame.

Latest Discussions

Back