Can we resolve 7.3 pedal lag?

I was wondering about that, I have had more severe issues while turning. WTF are we supposed to not turn and give it gas?
Time to revive this thread! I've got 38500 miles on my truck now. Been tuned since 5k. 5 star rewrote my tune. Still have the lag. It comes and goes. Happens ALOT between first - second. To the point the truck stopped and roared to life.
In rush hour traffic traction control is off! I manual select my gearing. No lag.
Another issue I have noticed, tow mode. Pretty good engine brake. Till it wants to stay in a lower gear and wind up to 4 grand. And then their is this "bang" like you have been hit! It's just the transmission missing a shift? 5 times if a remember right.
I am disgusted with this transmission! Guess get ahold of 5 star. See if anything new.

Have you tried the deep sand mode? It removes the lag and changes the shift pattern.

Have you tried the deep sand mode? It removes the lag and changes the shift pattern.
So no I have not? I figured that ki d of mode would really mess up the shifting on highway not to mention shave another gallon off the mpg that we don't discuss.
Seriously if I have to put it in sand mode to get put of the driveway! That's really saying somthing about these trucks! And not a good thing.

So no I have not? I figured that ki d of mode would really mess up the shifting on highway not to mention shave another gallon off the mpg that we don't discuss.
Seriously if I have to put it in sand mode to get put of the driveway! That's really saying somthing about these trucks! And not a good thing.
You’re missing the point. Lag is simply torque management on these trucks. The different modes remove it to some degree. I seriously doubt your lag issue is preventing you from getting out of the driveway. I have A Pedal Commander from my 6.2 that I put on my 7.3 and after changing driving modes, I no longer need it and am selling it. It makes that much of a difference.

You’re missing the point. Lag is simply torque management on these trucks. The different modes remove it to some degree. I seriously doubt your lag issue is preventing you from getting out of the driveway. I have A Pedal Commander from my 6.2 that I put on my 7.3 and after changing driving modes, I no longer need it and am selling it. It makes that much of a difference.
From what I have read the pedal comander takes away fuel mpg ads nothing to the performance. Does not work with a tuner?
And yes, I back in drive, I make a left turn to go up, 3% grade. 1 floor of my house. The truck will quik shift 1st to second. Taking throttle away only to give it back with a lurch in second gear. It has came damn near to a stop a few times.

From what I have read the pedal comander takes away fuel mpg ads nothing to the performance. Does not work with a tuner?
And yes, I back in drive, I make a left turn to go up, 3% grade. 1 floor of my house. The truck will quik shift 1st to second. Taking throttle away only to give it back with a lurch in second gear. It has came damn near to a stop a few times.
Pedal Commander is awesome, doesn’t add HP, but adds response by removing TM. Huge difference.

Back