Tx-Tremor6.7

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black
Current Ride #2
2023 Corvette C8 Stingray R
Is there any difference between the size of the brakes on an F250 vs and F350? Can I run 17" wheels on an F350?

I am getting ready to place my order for a 2021 and I am going back and forth between an F250 with High Capacity Towing vs an F350. I was talking to Carli about their suspension options and different tire sizes. They mentioned I might need to run 18" wheels on an F350 due to larger brakes. He said he was not positive, but he thought he remembered a customer who had the issue with their F350.

Last edited:
I guess I am wondering what would be the purpose of the 17 inch Rims?

I guess you can?

There are a couple trucks here with 17s but I don't know if they are F250 or F350 I did not think the rotors or calipers are different. I would recommend to stay 18". Why go 17" are there more wheel or tire choices.

I'm not aware of any brake differences between F250 and F350 Tremors.

You need to test fit them and then when you get balanced they need to watch where they put wheel weights. I am running 17's on mine for a couple of reasons. First I like the look and that it is more proportional for 17's on a 35 inch tire. Second is for the sand dunes more rubber to flatten out and give cushion.

You need to test fit them and then when you get balanced they need to watch where they put wheel weights. I am running 17's on mine for a couple of reasons. First I like the look and that it is more proportional for 17's on a 35 inch tire. Second is for the sand dunes more rubber to flatten out and give cushion.

^^ Exactly!! ^^

Thanks for the replies.

I run 37x12.5x17s on my Raptor and it rides beautifully on and off road with the extra rubber. When I am towing, I can raise the pressure, but when driving around town I lower the pressure to add an extra level of comfort. The taller tire really makes a difference. Plus, I like the look.... :cool:

I have 17s on my Jeep and Raptor, I would love to take my 37s off my Raptor and put them on the Tremor, To bad the Raptor wheels won't work on the SD.

I had no issues with the 17s they air down good and agree they look proportioned properly. i don't like with they put 20s or larger on off road vehicles.

The only issue with the stock wheels is that they are narrow, I would still run 18s. You are pushing your load index when the 17 inch tires only go up to 31XX lbs (at max psi). I would stick with 3900 lbs plus tires on these heavy trucks

Toyo makes a 37inch open country AT3 that will fit on stock rims with a 3900lb rating. This will probably be the tire i switch to.

Attachments

• open country.PNG
    open country.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 60
The only issue with the stock wheels is that they are narrow, I would still run 18s. You are pushing your load index when the 17 inch tires only go up to 31XX lbs (at max psi). I would stick with 3900 lbs plus tires on these heavy trucks

You have a good point. I have not looked at the difference in the load ratings between a 37x17 vs 37x18. My Toyo RT 37x17 Load Range D tires are listed at 3525 lbs with 50 psi. Right in between your two numbers. ;)

You have a good point. I have not looked at the difference in the load ratings between a 37x17 vs 37x18. My Toyo RT 37x17 Load Range D tires are listed at 3525 lbs with 50 psi. Right in between your two numbers. ;)

I see you found the unicorn (y)

I ususally sort by the Ice/Snow rating. I was running C/T on my tundra and i loved them (they were also cheaper) but now ill move to the A/T 3 if they keep that special sized 37/12.5 that fits on a 8 inch 18.

I see you found the unicorn (y)

I ususally sort by the Ice/Snow rating. I was running C/T on my tundra and i loved them (they were also cheaper) but now ill move to the A/T 3 if they keep that special sized 37/12.5 that fits on a 8 inch 18.

I like the R/T because they are quieter and lighter than the M/T, but still have an aggressive tread for off road when you need it. I will probably go with the same tire on my Tremor, but I will check out the 18s Load Rating before buying.

I like the R/T because they are quieter and lighter than the M/T, but still have an aggressive tread for off road when you need it. I will probably go with the same tire on my Tremor, but I will check out the 18s Load Rating before buying.
You going to need that much? Just saying most don't need that much and you can "afford" to lose a bit of load rating. Lots of things to consider. I will probably keep my stock wheels and tires for "special towing needs" and go with another set of wheels/ tires for most of time. I plan on 35x12.5 18 maybe 17 depends and I would guess I will lose some load rating with those ( even load range E).

I have run 17” M/T sidebitter 2’s with 35x12.50’s MAXXIS RAZR’s on both my 2020 F350 utility body work truck and my 2020 F250 Lariat Tremor. Wheel weight location is important but other than that no problems what so ever

F-350 running 17" methods here. More side wall = amazing soft ride. I only bought 17's because the method rims I liked were not offered in an 18" . Now I am glad I had no option. I used equal balancing media inside the tire rather than weights.

20201029_160752.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the replies! It sounds like I will be fine running 17" wheels whether I order the F250 or the F350. :cool:

Back