Can I request a change to Tremor Order?

Sdwoolco

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
F350 Tremor
I ordered a 2021 F350 tremor and it currently shows up as order submitted but it has not been scheduled for production.
Unfortunately I didn’t add LED bed lights because the dealer said they came standard in the lariat and against my better judgment I listened. Does anyone know a way to add this to the vehicle build? Dealer says no changes can be made now but it’s frustrating that a $60 slap in light can’t be added when it hasn’t been scheduled for production yet.
Anyone have an idea of a way around this?

I ordered a 2021 F350 tremor and it currently shows up as order submitted but it has not been scheduled for production.
Unfortunately I didn’t add LED bed lights because the dealer said they came standard in the lariat and against my better judgment I listened. Does anyone know a way to add this to the vehicle build? Dealer says no changes can be made now but it’s frustrating that a $60 slap in light can’t be added when it hasn’t been scheduled for production yet.
Did they make you give them a ordered down payment? If not I would order a new truck, they will sell that one just as easy as one they ordered. Or call Ford HQ and ask for a change order, if you have not gotten your Vin # you should be able to change...

If you don't have a VIN, you should still be able to make changes. Is it the salesman telling you this, the sales manager, or what? Work your way up at the dealership, or - if you feel like you got bad service or misdirected during the process, which they won't address - maybe walk away and find a better dealer.

Should be able to make changes if it hasn't been scheduled but if you got the blackout package they come with leds otherwise it is the chrome leds which are only standard on the King ranch and up

I placed my order on 9/23 and 1 week later (before I got my VIN and production date) I added the winch to the order and it went through with no delays. I assume if you do not have a production date you should be able to make a change.

I had this conversation, specifically because I was unsure of antimatter blue. I was told basically up until production you can make changes, but after vin is made you become limited on the number and scope of changes depending on what it is; I recall he said 4 changes, change in paint counted for 2 of four, though that was an example and not necessarily accurate.

If they advised you and were wrong make them fix it or walk; that’s why I hate dealers, I literally end up knowing more about the product then they do. Which I’m ok with to a point, but when they don’t take the time to confirm their lack of knowledge it gets me fired up. I would have either been fired or literally gotten either myself or someone else killed if I put that level of bullshitting into my career. The part time sales kid I understand, middle management not so much.

Rant over; be strong don’t be a push over, remember without you they’d be out of a job. Most of us hate being assholes in daily life. But sometimes, like now, you need to be a dick.

Ps- Make them throw in something low cost like a free service just for the aggravation.

Should be able to make changes if it hasn't been scheduled but if you got the blackout package they come with leds otherwise it is the chrome leds which are only standard on the King ranch and up

He is asking about the Bed LEDs, not the headlights.

I was able to get my salesman to add the heated steering wheel package after my order was placed, but it was before I had a VIN number. Since it was his mistake, he added them to the order without charging me the additional $165 on my final price.

As others have said, it might be time to look for a new dealer If they cannot accommodate for their mistake.

I recommend (assuming you didn’t pay anything to submit the original order) tell that dealer you will be purchasing a different/new order. Most likely they will submit a second order for you bc they will have no problem selling the other tremor once it’s on their lot. If they won’t submit a new order for you, go to another dealer.

Appreciate all the responses. I could just re-order, but I hate to do that since mine was ordered a month ago and I don’t want to wait any longer for the truck lol. I assumed I would lose my place in line? I do have a VIN but it hasn’t been scheduled at least on the ford order website. I have called the main ford phone line twice and unfortunately doesn’t get me anywhere as they tell me they are supposed to tell me to talk with the dealer. I’ll press it with the dealer again. I guess it’s just frustrating that such an easy slap in item can’t be easily added or adjusted at this point if you’re ordering a 67k truck. Or the fact that a $60 option isn’t just standard anyway.
I was hoping there was some production phone number versus the corporate. Either way I’m totally pumped for the truck!

I had this conversation, specifically because I was unsure of antimatter blue. I was told basically up until production you can make changes, but after vin is made you become limited on the number and scope of changes depending on what it is; I recall he said 4 changes, change in paint counted for 2 of four, though that was an example and not necessarily accurate.

If they advised you and were wrong make them fix it or walk; that’s why I hate dealers, I literally end up knowing more about the product then they do. Which I’m ok with to a point, but when they don’t take the time to confirm their lack of knowledge it gets me fired up. I would have either been fired or literally gotten either myself or someone else killed if I put that level of bullshitting into my career. The part time sales kid I understand, middle management not so much.

Rant over; be strong don’t be a push over, remember without you they’d be out of a job. Most of us hate being assholes in daily life. But sometimes, like now, you need to be a dick.

Ps- Make them throw in something low cost like a free service just for the aggravation.

Hmm I’ll have to push the question with the dealer if that’s what yours told you.

Not sure what trim you ordered, led box lights do come with the lariat value and ultimate packages as well as the KR and Platinum. 67k sounds like lariat? Maybe you got it in a package.

Not sure what trim you ordered, led box lights do come with the lariat value and ultimate packages as well as the KR and Platinum. 67k sounds like lariat? Maybe you got it in a package.
So I did order a lariat and started with the value package. The next day I called to switched it out with the sports package because I really wanted the blacked out look. I personally didn’t care about the memory features in the value package so I didn’t think I was missing out by just switching to the sports package. I just wanted the LED box lighting. Well the employee who made the change wasn’t the one I had been working with and he thought LED box lights came standard on a lariat. The order brochure he sent me did make it seem like that as well so it was an honest mistake. I should have trusted my gut and added the lights anyway. I can get them put in afterwards worst case but it’s still frustrating

So I did order a lariat and started with the value package. The next day I called to switched it out with the sports package because I really wanted the blacked out look. I personally didn’t care about the memory features in the value package so I didn’t think I was missing out by just switching to the sports package. I just wanted the LED box lighting. Well the employee who made the change wasn’t the one I had been working with and he thought LED box lights came standard on a lariat. The order brochure he sent me did make it seem like that as well so it was an honest mistake. I should have trusted my gut and added the lights anyway. I can get them put in afterwards worst case but it’s still frustrating
I know what you mean with the memory features - I'm the only one who drives the truck so I don't use those either. There are other features on the value package that make it worthwhile IMO, not just the led box lights. The remote start, heated and ventilated seats and power tow mirrors are all great features. I think that package is worth the $710 to add in addition to the sport package if you want that.

I know what you mean with the memory features - I'm the only one who drives the truck so I don't use those either. There are other features on the value package that make it worthwhile IMO, not just the led box lights. The remote start, heated and ventilated seats and power tow mirrors are all great features. I think that package is worth the $710 to add in addition to the sport package if you want that.
You make a great point. I thought I vetted all the package features against standard items for a trim. The heated seats aren’t standard I see which is crazy since I have that on my current XLT sport. The power mirrors are standard, and I thought I could get around the remote start key fob with the sync app start feature. I text the dealer tonight and said I want to reorder. As much as I can’t wait for this truck I want to make sure I have at least the basic features that I know I’ll use.

If you have a build week you can’t make any changes. The dealer can make the change you want anytime until build week.

If you have a build week you can’t make any changes. The dealer can make the change you want anytime until build week.
Really? I’ll push for that tomorrow when I go in. I have a VIN but no build week yet. Previously they said we were past the point of any changes, so tonight I said I was just going to re-order. If they can make the change that would at least hold my place in the build line. But I would give them an earful for not giving me that option to begin with

If you have a vin you have a build week and your locked in. Vin and build week hit the same day then build date after that it will go to production. Build week and day can change depending on availability of commodities. Sorry but your order is locked.

I had my VIN and a build week but was still able to make a change. It depends on when your build date is, mine isn't until Dec 9th. If it is too close then you the order will be locked. My salesman wasn't able to make the change but the guy who does the fleet orders had the correct permissions to make the one simple change. I don't plan on changing anything more. My one question was on the height of the stock running boards vs power running boards. Found the information as we didn't have any Tremors at the local dealers to verify heights, and then modified my order.

I had my VIN and a build week but was still able to make a change. It depends on when your build date is, mine isn't until Dec 9th. If it is too close then you the order will be locked. My salesman wasn't able to make the change but the guy who does the fleet orders had the correct permissions to make the one simple change. I don't plan on changing anything more. My one question was on the height of the stock running boards vs power running boards. Found the information as we didn't have any Tremors at the local dealers to verify heights, and then modified my order.
Thanks for the info! Can I ask when you ordered your truck? Mine was ordered on 14 oct 202 and on the ford site it still just shows my order submission and no build date. I’m going in today so hopefully they can just make the change, otherwise I plan to re order the truck.

I think you can add them after the fact. the wiring should be there. it's common for manufacturers to simplify production by using the same harnesses for different trucks

Back