Can I disable the proximity sensor?

Mountain Man

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Here's the deal. With my last three Ford's I ALWAYS leave my key in the door pocket when leaving the truck. I lock and unlock the truck with the exterior keypad and start the truck with a physical key. I also have a digital keypad on the front door of my house. I don't carry any keys! It's going to kill me having to carry around a key fob.

Can the key fob be locked in the truck or will the doors then always be unlocked? If that is the case, I'm wondering if the proximity sensor in the fob can be disabled thus requiring the keypad to be used to unlock. Does Forscan have this option? That said, I still need the keyless start function. Any ideas?

Also, I'm awaiting my truck to be built so I can't personally test any of this out yet.

Here's the deal. With my last three Ford's I ALWAYS leave my key in the door pocket when leaving the truck. I lock and unlock the truck with the exterior keypad and start the truck with a physical key. I also have a digital keypad on the front door of my house. I don't carry any keys! It's going to kill me having to carry around a key fob.

Can the key fob be locked in the truck or will the doors then always be unlocked? If that is the case, I'm wondering if the proximity sensor in the fob can be disabled thus requiring the keypad to be used to unlock. Does Forscan have this option? That said, I still need the keyless start function. Any ideas?

Also, I'm awaiting my truck to be built so I can't personally test any of this out yet.
I lock my key in the truck all the time. FYI I don’t have the ultimate package.

I leave my key in the truck as well and lock and unlock with the outside pad.
I really hope I can do this as I hate carrying keys.

You can. I'll be doing it tonight as I drop off to have the topper (cap) installed. I put in center console and then lock/unlock via FordPass app on phone. The fob is so thick that it doesn't fit in some of the overnight drop boxes.

Fordpas
You can. I'll be doing it tonight as I drop off to have the topper (cap) installed. I put in center console and then lock/unlock via FordPass app on phone. The fob is so thick that it doesn't fit in some of the overnight drop boxes.
FordPass - clever.

Latest Discussions

Back