Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

Height inside door opening.
help from someone that has a cab height leer or are Topper. measure from bed to top of cap opening under door.
like if you had tailgate down and topper glass up. What’s max height of a box you could slide in?

reason. I have a 2018 Nissan Titan (about to be replaced w tremor) cab height top. I have 36” between bed and under glass to slide cargo (mtn bikes) in. Its not enough. I need a few more inches.
im wondering if the super duty cab heigh tops give me this or I need to go with a taller cap.... thanks!!!!

Having a RSI Smartcap EVO arriving today and will put it on right away to get on the road down south towing the airstream...

Having a RSI Smartcap EVO arriving today and will put it on right away to get on the road down south towing the airstream...

Jim,
Congrats on the topper! I have been watching these. Post of up pics and details after post install. Did it take long from the time you ordered? Will it be installed on a Tremor?

Jim,
Congrats on the topper! I have been watching these. Post of up pics and details after post install. Did it take long from the time you ordered? Will it be installed on a Tremor?
I'll take some pics installing and installed for sure...

I contacted RSI few weeks back when I ordered my truck, ate the time the Super Duty cabs were only available for preorder. They first gave me a local dealer, which I'd be happy to support local but they were very unprofessional and I just didn't feel comfortable to pay full amount upfront to a dealer that is being unprofessional for a product that at the time has not been in the country yet.
Contacted RSI gave feedback and they referred me to OffroadAlliance.com I preordered with them, put 150$ deposit down. They called me the day the product cleared customs in the US I paid the balance on their website and the next day it was being shipped from RSIs distribution center. They seem to have stock in the US but that being said there seems to be high demand right now, I ordered a few accessories, like the camping table and the drop load cage but thats on back order until Jan. However so far my experience is flawless and I am happy to wait for a good product that is high in demand, as long as there is no games being played...

I contacted RSI few weeks back when I ordered my truck, ate the time the Super Duty cabs were only available for preorder. They first gave me a local dealer, which I'd be happy to support local but they were very unprofessional and I just didn't feel comfortable to pay full amount upfront to a dealer that is being unprofessional for a product that at the time has not been in the country yet.
Contacted RSI gave feedback and they referred me to OffroadAlliance.com I preordered with them, put 150$ deposit down. They called me the day the product cleared customs in the US I paid the balance on their website and the next day it was being shipped from RSIs distribution center. They seem to have stock in the US but that being said there seems to be high demand right now, I ordered a few accessories, like the camping table and the drop load cage but thats on back order until Jan. However so far my experience is flawless and I am happy to wait for a good product that is high in demand, as long as there is no games being played...
It sounds legit and hopefully everything you expect it to be. Admittedly like you I was a little skeptical about smart cap and just the lack of product reviews, so I moved forward on ordering my ARE Z topper which I am very happy with.
And yes, I am the same way...if I detect an unprofessional vendor I take my business elsewhere. No need for the BS. Good for you. Looking forward to your review and feedback. ??

Last edited:

I like it. Well thought out, well made. Couple of edges dented in shipping, but easily tapped into place. Looks good on the truck, IMHO. Dogs will be cozy the rest of the winter......

40555894-4C57-4B42-B25B-94343F215896.jpeg
402BB927-16AF-4FA7-BC12-DC42B49A4D63.jpeg
1751B714-1A85-4C49-8B3F-1CE88FAAAAB6.jpeg

Last edited:

Exactly the experience I had with OffroadAlliance.com. Very responsive to my questions, even the dumb ones...

I like it. Well thought out, well made. Couple of edges dented in shipping, but easily tapped into place. Looks good on the truck, IMHO. Dogs will be cozy the rest of the winter......

View attachment 11856View attachment 11857View attachment 11858
Wow, that looks great! I have a Leer and now I find myself envious. How do you like that Carli kit? did you get everything fully optioned out? I've been looking at them for my 7.3 and don't know how necessary all the extra options are.

View attachment 11856View attachment 11857View attachment 11858
I am seriously considering going with one of these. Just ordered my Tremor last month so I will wait until it arrives to order. I like some of the accessories that you can get too. The one negative I have seen is that the small windows on the side seem to be prone to leaking.

Wow, that looks great! I have a Leer and now I find myself envious. How do you like that Carli kit? did you get everything fully optioned out? I've been looking at them for my 7.3 and don't know how necessary all the extra options are.
Nope got the basic commuter kit, as it was available at the time. will upgrade as parts come available.

I am seriously considering going with one of these. Just ordered my Tremor last month so I will wait until it arrives to order. I like some of the accessories that you can get too. The one negative I have seen is that the small windows on the side seem to be prone to leaking.
have not heard that but I will keep an eye on it!

Managed to install last night right on time for our trip down south
Came very well packaged and it’s easy to assemble did it alone but you need at least 4 guys to lift it on the truck...

View attachment 11950
These look great. When I went to their website it stated preorder only, how did you go about ordering one? More pictures would be appreciated!

Managed to install last night right on time for our trip down south
Came very well packaged and it’s easy to assemble did it alone but you need at least 4 guys to lift it on the truck...

View attachment 11950
Looks great. If you don't mind, I would like to see another picture or two and any updates as you use it and see how happy you are with it on a daily basis.

Looks great. If you don't mind, I would like to see another picture or two and any updates as you use it and see how happy you are with it on a daily basis.

i will I’m just on the road right now trying to make it down to Houston from Michigan by tomorrow afternoon

Height inside door opening.
help from someone that has a cab height leer or are Topper. measure from bed to top of cap opening under door.
like if you had tailgate down and topper glass up. What’s max height of a box you could slide in?

reason. I have a 2018 Nissan Titan (about to be replaced w tremor) cab height top. I have 36” between bed and under glass to slide cargo (mtn bikes) in. Its not enough. I need a few more inches.
im wondering if the super duty cab heigh tops give me this or I need to go with a taller cap.... thanks!!!!
Leer 100 XR 46” between oil shock openers. 55” between latch loops. 38 1/2” bed to top of opening.
E0C2F7A9-C55B-4DC4-A906-F00F4A168278.jpeg

Back