Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

I really want to get a topper for the duty but it makes me feel like an old man lol. The biggest thing holding me back is removing when I need to as I don't have any help, My wife is 5ft on a good day? so she can't lend a hand.

Last edited:
I really want to get a topper but for the duty but it makes me feel like an old man lol. The biggest thing holding me back is removing when I need to as I don't have any help, My wife is 5ft on a good day? so she can't lend a hand.
Buy a beater truck to carry large furniture or appliances that don't under under the cap. Two trucks is better than one. Problem solved.

I really want to get a topper for the duty but it makes me feel like an old man lol. The biggest thing holding me back is removing when I need to as I don't have any help, My wife is 5ft on a good day? so she can't lend a hand.
Once I I put it on my 2011 I have never taken it off

Wow, this might actually be perfect! On my diamondback cover I have two frontrunner racks, each is 37” Long x 56” Wide. If I space them an inch apart (might look tacky otherwise), I’d be at 75” long. I’ve found with the accessories I have, the two racks vs one long one isn’t an issue. I’d have to try it out to see if it looks tacky, but might fair ok?

Thoughts on your size? Looks right perfect, but do think maybe? 54” wide would be better in hindsight. Obviously not worth replacing, but maybe if I were to sell my racks and get one larger one. I think selling mine would be hard, unless I did when I sell the cover, although not sure it’d be worth taking the $$ hit just to replace with a single that’s very similar.

43” ish between rails. 56” wide by 72 ish long.
BD209F92-CD22-46EE-A085-B10E79BC9148.jpeg

Last edited:
I like it. Well thought out, well made. Couple of edges dented in shipping, but easily tapped into place. Looks good on the truck, IMHO. Dogs will be cozy the rest of the winter......

View attachment 11856View attachment 11857View attachment 11858
Ftchmup- How did those latches work in the winter? Any freezing up? Is that the correct size decked system for the Super Duty, it looks a little short? This is the same setup I am looking at putting in when my truck arrives. Appreciate the help!

I just got word that Alu Cab is nearly done developing their full size canopy camper. Some pics of the mid-size version here:

No idea what the costs will be, but this is an interesting alternative to the canopy only route (smartcap, etc) and the four-wheel camper variety. I think it would be a bit smaller and less expensive than the four-wheel camper ones, but still an all in one solution. Interesting...

I just got word that Alu Cab is nearly done developing their full size canopy camper. Some pics of the mid-size version here:

No idea what the costs will be, but this is an interesting alternative to the canopy only route (smartcap, etc) and the four-wheel camper variety. I think it would be a bit smaller and less expensive than the four-wheel camper ones, but still an all in one solution. Interesting...
Price will likely be $10-15k depending on options based on the rest of the market. They aren’t the first ones to do a setup like that.

Go Fast Campers currently holds the value award (according to Expedition Portal) and run around $8k for one for a full size truck and have a few options you can add on.

The RSI is sweet but I love my leer and the size of the sliding windows is clutch for my dogs. Also a fan of the frontrunner rack.

Your Leer looks great. Traveling with our pups is a big part of why I'm looking at caps. Are the windows on the Leer good for your dogs just because they provide a lot of airflow?

Price will likely be $10-15k depending on options based on the rest of the market. They aren’t the first ones to do a setup like that.

Go Fast Campers currently holds the value award (according to Expedition Portal) and run around $8k for one for a full size truck and have a few options you can add on.

I didn't know GFC existed. Thanks for the pointer ccw.

Your Leer looks great. Traveling with our pups is a big part of why I'm looking at caps. Are the windows on the Leer good for your dogs just because they provide a lot of airflow?

No problem! And since you’re expressing interest in windows, heads up that GFC don’t have a window option at this time. Wouldn’t surprise me if it comes at some point, but I haven’t seen anything about it.

No problem! And since you’re expressing interest in windows, heads up that GFC don’t have a window option at this time. Wouldn’t surprise me if it comes at some point, but I haven’t seen anything about it.
Yeah I saw that. I suspect my pooches will push me toward a traditional cap/canopy. That GFC looks awesome though. I love the minimalist take and made here in America. ??

Yeah, it's a full 50/50 slider and we get good airflow back there with them open. I also grabbed the pet screens with them to keep people from reaching inside. This is my second Leer and I've been happy both times, the RSI just doesn't have the same window size which is what kept me away.

I went with the ARE. I run it about half the time on my truck and started to notice paint wearing through to the metal on the bed and also wearing through the clear coat on the tail gate. It looks good when it's on but going to switch over to the RSI Evo Sport before I do any more damage to the paint and truck. Anyone here an RSI dealer?

Attachments

• 20210819_141042.jpg
    20210819_141042.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 239
I went with the ARE. I run it about half the time on my truck and started to notice paint wearing through to the metal on the bed and also wearing through the clear coat on the tail gate. It looks good when it's on but going to switch over to the RSI Evo Sport before I do any more damage to the paint and truck. Anyone here an RSI dealer?
When I was looking for a topper, I spoke with the local ARE dealer and he mentioned that AREs are tricky to fit properly on Fords. He claimed he could do it perfectly and will walk around the truck with the buyer using a credit card to show that the topper isn’t touching the truck. He cautioned against removing myself because it would be hard to get it back on correctly. Im not sure how true any of that is but that’s what he said. I ended up going with a Ranch because the lead time on the ARE was 16 weeks.

We’re an RSi SmartCap dealer. Be glad to help you out. Feel free to send me a PM if we can assist!

Any news on the ARE CX REVO becoming available for the Super Duty? Heard after the new year we could see something
I was told by an ARE dealer the REVO model wasn’t going to work on the Super Duty because the rear window is too large and they had issues with it in R&D.

I hope they’re wrong. I want that model too for my truck.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back