Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USMC and Army, retired
Current Ride
2024 F-250 Lariat ultimate, 6.7HO, carbonized gray
Current Ride #2
2022 Explorer ST, carbonized gray
I’m a little disappointed that Ford didn’t include the 360 camera system as part of the Tremor off-road package. I traded in my 2019 GMC AT4 which came with several cameras specifically to help with visibility of obstacles while driving off road. I didn’t want the backup assist but didn’t realize that it was part of the 360 camera feature.
My question is, does anybody know if the camera system can be added after purchase by a dealer or if there is an aftermarket option for a front and side cameras that will work with the Sync 3 system?

I've seen some aftermarket options that seem almost more appealing because they don't come with the "nanny Ford" features so you can view them while driving.

My factory camera has acted up from day 2 the back up and front are much better than my old chevy , Bed camera worked one time

My factory camera has acted up from day 2 the back up and front are much better than my old chevy , Bed camera worked one time

have you installed the latest version of the sync software? My tailgate camera acted up all the time, until I downloaded the last update and the cam has been perfect ever since

have you installed the latest version of the sync software? My tailgate camera acted up all the time, until I downloaded the last update and the cam has been perfect ever since
no i need to just hate doing updates but I really have to get on that

Honestly GMCs camera setup is much nicer than Ford’s. Was in a buddy’s AT4 this weekend and was surprised at the sophistication of that particular piece of tech. That’s about as far as my envy went though. Still much prefer the SD

Honestly GMCs camera setup is much nicer than Ford’s. Was in a buddy’s AT4 this weekend and was surprised at the sophistication of that particular piece of tech. That’s about as far as my envy went though. Still much prefer the SD
Chevrolet,GMC had to have something good on those trucks I believe they got the award for the most plastic ??

As a former AT4 owner I can honestly say the Tremor is a far superior truck in all the important areas. Towing and off road capabilities are far better in the SD.
The head up display and cameras were cool but I’ll never go back to a 1/2 ton gasser.

I thought all Tremor packages came with the camera's...I was shocked to read this... I know there is a camera system on the market that requires you to change out the rear view mirror to use, has four views 2 side and front and back. I do not remember the nameof the system or I would link it for you. It will also plug and play with a Pioneer radio if I remember right.

this is the one I thinking about...pretty sure it might even wire into the current ford back up camera system...

I thought all Tremor packages came with the camera's...I was shocked to read this... I know there is a camera system on the market that requires you to change out the rear view mirror to use, has four views 2 side and front and back. I do not remember the nameof the system or I would link it for you. It will also plug and play with a Pioneer radio if I remember right.
I think it’s only certain trim levels may be lariat and up

also I am not sure if they did it with this version of truck, but somtimes the wire looms are installed and hidden to include the stock camera's...you may be able to have a body shop order replacements and forscan it in...

I think it’s only certain trim levels may be lariat and up
I am in the process of ordering a 2021 Lariat and have been told it requires:
Pro Trailer Backup Assist
-inc: Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System, rear view camera, 360 degree camera system, rear CHMSL camera, trailer reverse guidance and LED center high-mounted stop lamp, Lane-Keeping Alert

-inc: Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System, rear view camera, 360 degree camera system, rear CHMSL camera, trailer reverse guidance and LED center high-mounted stop lamp, Lane-Keeping Alert

You are correct sir. You need the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System option. Lariats dont have this by default, u need to add it. With that said this option can also be added on XLT.

You are correct sir. You need the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System option. Lariats dont have this by default, u need to add it. With that said this option can also be added on XLT.
Dam ford and there options my lariat had it so they must have added it ??

Back