Came outside and my front windows both rolled down without me knowing

faith4more

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Lariat Sport Tremor 7.3 - Magnetic
Current Ride #2
2020 Mercedes GLE 350
I know there is way can do that with key FOB. Scary thing is I had no idea I had done it while inside a meeting at my office. That would have been devastating if raining. I am going to look into turning this feature off.

I know there is way can do that with key FOB. Scary thing is I had no idea I had done it while inside a meeting at my office. That would have been devastating if raining. I am going to look into turning this feature off.

I think its in the settings menu.

It's nice that this window function can be disabled. I've done the same thing, once, on my wife's Explorer - and of course it rained. I'll have to find that setting and turn it off (since I'll never use it on purpose).

On my old truck, I inadvertently opened the tailgate multiple times while just sitting inside at my desk at work. My spot was just outside, and I'd back in against the building each day. I never had permanent damage, but did have to buff the contact point a few times to remove marks.

I modified one of the two key fobs to permanently disable the tailgate button.

I wish there were a way to disable that, or modify the button push sequence/requirements. I don't really want to modify the fob for this truck.

@Mach'er I opened my tailgate once like that. It was in my driveway so was not a problem but I could see where could be.

How do you make it do that? I know there was a post a while back about water came into the truck, shorted the passenger computer and made the window go down. Or something like that.

How do you make it do that? I know there was a post a while back about water came into the truck, shorted the passenger computer and made the window go down. Or something like that.

Here is instruction on how it works

I turned it off in the advanced menu on the dash so should not happen again. Thing is I had no idea I had activated which would be disastrous in rain.

Back