California SMOG Question

I have a ranch outside of Laramie. A foot in both places presently.
You beat me to it - looking for another place up that direction, and have fooled my wife into thinking I’m visiting our kid at UW when I’m scouting for properties!🤣

So what’s it cost to register a truck in California?

Depends on the cost of the truck as far as tax is concerned, my recollection is tax and license and fees were a bit north of $6k, on my granger price of about $66k. I can find exact numbers if it’s important for you.

Mine is the same way every two years for a diesel. It depends on the county you’re in the brother-in-law only Smog’s his once when you buy it and that’s it. but down in the cities, they want every two years my Diesel still doesn’t put off as much smoke as one of these Teslas burning to the ground

Yes, Cali hits us all with exhorbitant annual registration fee's. It's one of the worst aspect's of living here. I can't wait to leave when I retire.

That doesn’t seem too terrible in comparison to other places I’ve lived (live). Seems like those havens of decently priced registration are disappearing and if the vehicles fees are cheap, it’s made up for somewhere else.

That doesn’t seem too terrible in comparison to other places I’ve lived (live). Seems like those havens of decently priced registration are disappearing and if the vehicles fees are cheap, it’s made up for somewhere else.
Oh it is. F250, gas and I paid $243.75, for two years, and like $20.00 of that is for access to State parks. I moved in 2020 and waited to buy my truck in ID to avoid CA fees. I register five vehicles for right around $1200. up here for two years.

Usually your reg fees go down annually, but I forget what they added to it, but in like 18, my 14' GT500 registration went up. One of the many reasons I left.

Last edited:
Back