modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
So I wanted to start a thread for those interested in talking Truck Campers with good information and photos. I'll keep updating the first post with links to other useful posts on the forum that would apply.

1. For those interested in suspension setups, check out this thread: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/suspension-mods-for-cabover-camper.408/

2. Tremors with Truck Camper Photos - https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/tremor-four-wheel-camper.438/#post-5543

One of my main questions is where do you guys store all your gear when traveling with a truck camper?

Last edited:
I was browsing rvtrader last night and ran across a new model from Travel Lite called Peak 9 (Extended Stay 840 SBRX). I don't know anything about the quality, but I dig the paint scheme. This would look awesome on the back of a Tremor!

peak9-cabovercamper-f250.jpg

peak9-cabovercamper-f250-2.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been looking at the Northstar Laredo SC. Lots of boondocking, and like the lighter weight.

I’ve been looking at the Northstar Laredo SC. Lots of boondocking, and like the lighter weight.

What weight are you trying to stay around for the camper? I was thinking something that would still give me about 1000 pounds leftover. So in the 1800 pound range would be ideal.

That's a great setup. How does the truck handle with that much weight on it under normal driving conditions?

That's a great setup. How does the truck handle with that much weight on it under normal driving conditions?
Not bad at all, weight is not an issue, I only have about an 1.5 inch drop in the rear without the airbags. Helper spring is barely engaged and nowhere near the overloads. I noticed sway is reduced at 55 psi on the airbags. It’s a bit top heavy but even in 30 mph crosswinds last week, I could still maintain 65 mph. Hellwig Big Wig Rear sway bar is on order and should help. The 7.3l has all the power needed, even climbing Wolf Creek pass.

20220107_124138.jpg
20220107_124132.jpg

I just picked this up. Lance 825 on f350, went with smaller lighter camper so I can tow the boat and the family with out pushing the payload. No signifcant sag or squat, but she rolls pretty good, I'm probably going to add a hedwig antiroll bar before summer.

View attachment 43850View attachment 43851
I just picked this up. Lance 825 on f350, went with smaller lighter camper so I can tow the boat and the family with out pushing the payload. No signifcant sag or squat, but she rolls pretty good, I'm probably going to add a hedwig antiroll bar before summer.
Congrats Ben!
Are those TorqLift tiedown bars?

Those campers look great! Did you guys order the camper package setup on the trucks? I thought about getting another truck camper. I didn't order my truck with the camper package but really don't know what the package does for the truck.

This is what I'm interested in. Thanks.

Check out scout campers. Super light weight simple design. Might not be as luxury as these others however. The largest model they have is around 1500 pounds the kenai. Expecting mine to arrive end of the month. Only wish I had my tremor to pick it up with.

IF I was going for medium weight Cirrus would be top of my list.
Extremely well designed and built. Storage is the bugaboo of
truck campers. I was going that route a few years ago and was
gunna get a F550 chassis cab with a Sherptek flat bed and a
Host Mammoth. The Sherptek gives you a Ton of storage.

Last edited:
really don't know what the package does for the truck.

rear swaybar... uprated front springs and rear 350 spring pack(overloads)... plus a certificate whatever thats good for...

Tremor already has the 350 rear springs and usually already a +1 or so front spring rate... so you are really only getting a rear swaybar which you can do after the fact with OEM or a Hellwig.

Those campers look great! Did you guys order the camper package setup on the trucks? I thought about getting another truck camper. I didn't order my truck with the camper package but really don't know what the package does for the truck.
Don't think you can order the camper package with the Tremor. I carry a 2800 lb. (dry weight) Northern Light Camper on F-350 Tremor and have only added lower Stableloads to the rear. They helped some, but still get plenty of sway. Adding Helwig Sway Bar would help. Avoid Airbags as they only work to level the load and interfere with how the suspension is designed to work (so I've read).

Check out scout campers. Super light weight simple design. Might not be as luxury as these others however. The largest model they have is around 1500 pounds the kenai. Expecting mine to arrive end of the month. Only wish I had my tremor to pick it up with.
I agree the scouts are great, by a great brand. I love the roof top tent, but I couldn't sell the wife on 35k without AC.

IF I was going for medium weight Cirrus would be top of my list.
Extremely well designed and built. Storage is the bugaboo of
truck campers. I was going that route a few years ago and was
gunna get a F550 chassis cab with a Sherptek flat bed and a
Host Mammoth. The Sherptek gives you a Ton of storage

I looked at several cirrus 820 campers. They are great, I like the layout and heating system. In the end they are over 3k lbs dry, and for me that gets to the point where loading for a family of four and a boat with 500lbs of tongue weight it's just too much

Back