Cab lights supposed to be flush?

TampaUKFan

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford Raptor
Question for those with cab lights and sunroof, do your cab light look like this? Center ones do not sit flush?

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 9.37.38 AM.jpeg

Question for those with cab lights and sunroof, do your cab light look like this? Center ones do not sit flush?

View attachment 40849
The degree of angle is greater in the middle. You can tighten the single screw, but you can't torque them too much or you will crack the plastic.

View attachment 40849
Mine were not and I only found out after I switch my out to smoked lenses. even the recon lens don't sit flush.

Would these be something that might be worth placing a bead of clear silicone around the base? I'd be concerned about leaking... I have cab lights on my build as well.

Would these be something that might be worth placing a bead of clear silicone around the base? I'd be concerned about leaking... I have cab lights on my build as well.
That was my concern. Plus it just didn’t look good- more like a poor quality aftermarket installation.

I removed the stock cab lights and replaced with Recon black. Yes, the stock lights I removed did have a gap, mainly the middle 3, but I will tell you the stock cab lights are very well sealed. The gasket has glue on both sides the completely seals and prevent moisture entering the cab or the light itself. When I replaced the cab lights, removing the glue residue from the cab was the most time consuming part. The Recons did not come with adhesive on the gaskets on the area that meets the cab, so before installing I did a bead of clear silicone. Then installed the the Recons and carefully torqued the single screw to where there was no noticeable gap at all on the 2 outside, and only a very minor gap on the center 3.
20211209_134928.jpg

I removed the stock cab lights and replaced with Recon black. Yes, the stock lights I removed did have a gap, mainly the middle 3, but I will tell you the stock cab lights are very well sealed. The gasket has glue on both sides the completely seals and prevent moisture entering the cab or the light itself. When I replaced the cab lights, removing the glue residue from the cab was the most time consuming part. The Recons did not come with adhesive on the gaskets on the area that meets the cab, so before installing I did a bead of clear silicone. Then installed the the Recons and carefully torqued the single screw to where there was no noticeable gap at all on the 2 outside, and only a very minor gap on the center 3. View attachment 40860
Recons looks great….

Mine are similar and one of the aggravating quality control issues in my opinion. I don't really notice too much unless I get up closer to them, but still they look like a total after thought in my opinion, not a factory installed item.

Saw a pic of a Tremor with no sunroof and they appeared to sit flat.. odd that they have such a large gap,

You dont have a sunroof so that may be why yours are flat.
If this is the result of a sunroof, consider that another reason I didn't get a sunroof even though I'm just learning about this issue now.

Don't think I could ever get both the running lights and sunroof together having seen the picture. :(

I removed the stock cab lights and replaced with Recon black. Yes, the stock lights I removed did have a gap, mainly the middle 3, but I will tell you the stock cab lights are very well sealed. The gasket has glue on both sides the completely seals and prevent moisture entering the cab or the light itself. When I replaced the cab lights, removing the glue residue from the cab was the most time consuming part. The Recons did not come with adhesive on the gaskets on the area that meets the cab, so before installing I did a bead of clear silicone. Then installed the the Recons and carefully torqued the single screw to where there was no noticeable gap at all on the 2 outside, and only a very minor gap on the center 3. View attachment 40860

Those look really nice.

If this is the result of a sunroof, consider that another reason I didn't get a sunroof even though I'm just learning about this issue now.

Don't think I could ever get both the running lights and sunroof together having seen the picture. :(
I have a sunroof, works fine all the time, I have cab lights, torqued them a bit, problem solved.

Back