Buying Advice

Zhem

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor
Hello, I have a quick question and need a little advice.....

I found a tremor I am seriously considering and it turns out that it was sold, the owner picked it up, put about 300 miles on it, decided they wanted a diesel, turned it back in and ordered a diesel (allegedly). The dealership said from fords perspective it is a new truck but more than likely it will show me as the second owner from a dmv/records perspective (such as carfax). Dealership said warranty starts when I buy it. Is this something I should be concerned with? Never seen or heard of this before and don’t want to buy a new “used” truck.

Thanks in advance.

If they knock a few extra bucks off can't see why not. Regardless of the story they tell you, its still basically new. Some trucks get that mileage from test drives alone.

Run the vin see what shows up. Dealers can do some things legally such as sell dealer demos. Many owners or general managers drive new cars for 2-4 weeks before switching to something else. They sell these cars a brand new never been titled cars at a discount.

I’d verify no one on title, and at least $2k below invoice.

So I pulled the carfax on the vehicle, it shows that it was sold on 6/16/2020, steering was serviced same day at a dealership about 115 miles away and now it is back at the original dealership with about 350 miles on it.....not sure what is going on with it.

So I pulled the carfax on the vehicle, it shows that it was sold on 6/16/2020, steering was serviced same day at a dealership about 115 miles away and now it is back at the original dealership with about 350 miles on it.....not sure what is going on with it.
If it was previously titled then I would consider it used. I would ask well below original invoice price. If you bought it and sold it at a later time it is considered a 2 owner vehicle and value is slightly lower. Think about when you go to buy a used vehicle, the dealer advertises it as a 1 owner vehicle and wants more money because of it.

Agreed from what was said above. I work for a financial institution and in our case, if it shows titled in someone other than the dealer we consider it used regardless of miles. In this case you would likely still get new vehicle rate based on miles though.

I am just surprised it hasn’t even sold yet. I live in the southeast and a Tremor is no where to be found, all special orders.

Good Luck!

As others have said, if it was titled, it is considered used regardless of time or mileage (at least in my state). You could always ask the dealer to reach out to the previous owner and put you in touch with them. Not sure why the steering would be serviced, but that would be one of my first questions. Sounds like the mileage is just about right for a "round trip" from the purchasing dealer to the service location and back.

If it was registered in someone else's name, as far as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is concerned, it is a used vehicle.

Can a dealer reverse title as there are so few miles on it and I’m assuming they 100% reimbursed the that original owner.

Was it a 100%(including ttl and other fees) or did the buy it back as a used vehicle at 80% the original buyers otd costs?

I sent this to Nick a dealer owner near KC. Well see what he says.

Can a dealer reverse title as there are so few miles on it and I’m assuming they 100% reimbursed the that original owner.

Was it a 100%(including ttl and other fees) or did the buy it back as a used vehicle at 80% the original buyers otd costs?

My understanding is that they reversed the deal as the buyer was willing to order a higher cost truck (decided they wanted a diesel).
I sent this to Nick a dealer owner near KC. Well see what he says.

Awesome, really appreciate that. Want me to DM you the vin?

“If first owner registered it, he would be the 2nd owner. If he didn't, he could be the first but the dealership would.have to reverse the sale and buy the contract back.”

Thanks Richtor, sounds like they took the truck back and, while I will be the second owner, the warranty starts the day I pick it up. I have been up in the air between the tremor and the power wagon and, in all honesty, if I was selecting on dealership alone I would be getting the ram. I have dealt with 3 Ford dealerships in my quest and haven’t been overly impressed with them.

Last edited:
Thanks Richtor, sounds like they took the truck back and, while I will be the second owner, the warranty starts the day I pick it up. I have been up in the air between the tremor and the power wagon and, in all honesty, if I was selecting on dealership alone I would be getting the ram. I have dealt with 3 Ford dealerships in my quest and haven’t been overly impressed with the.

I bought my Raptor from a dealership in a similar way. The owner was driving it and put about 1000 miles on it. I saved some money and the warranty started the day I took ownership. I don't drive much and knew the miles would never be an issue (I think I have 15k miles on it 3 1/2 years later) If the deal is right, I wouldn't be concerned about the miles or second owner.

Have you had a chance to drive both trucks?

I bought my Raptor from a dealership in a similar way. The owner was driving it and put about 1000 miles on it. I saved some money and the warranty started the day I took ownership. I don't drive much and knew the miles would never be an issue (I think I have 15k miles on it 3 1/2 years later) If the deal is right, I wouldn't be concerned about the miles or second owner.

Have you had a chance to drive both trucks?

Yeah, I have driven both, both had their advantages and disadvantages, ride is better on the power wagon, power wagon had smoother shifting and power delivery, but the tremor is better looking, way better towing capacity, bigger cabin, nicer interior with more options, etc. We tow on ocassion (have both a boat and 5th wheel) but only once or twice a year to bring the boat home from the delta or move the 5th wheel a few miles down the road (it is setup on a semi permanent basis). My 5 year old son thinks the tremor is cool so that helped to tip the scales, lol.

If it was previously titled then I would consider it used. I would ask well below original invoice price. If you bought it and sold it at a later time it is considered a 2 owner vehicle and value is slightly lower. Think about when you go to buy a used vehicle, the dealer advertises it as a 1 owner vehicle and wants more money because of it.

you can bet your last 20 that when that guy came back to the dealer they hosed him real good “because once it leaves the lot it is a used vehicle!”

Latest Discussions

Back