Military
Ex Coast Guard
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor 7.3l
Current Ride #2
2020 Yamaha Kodiak 700cc
First Responder
Ex Combat Medic
I have a 2021 F250 XLT Tremor with Blind Spot Monitor / Without LED bulbs...

I just barely backed up into a loaded semi truck. I was trying to maneuver to give him room to make a tight turn. We were both at a dead stop, in a parking lot. I thought I had some room, so I tried to reverse a couple inches and then pull forward to get out of his way...

The bad news is that my right tail light cover is cracked. The good news is, there is no other damage. Not a single scratch anywhere... Just a cracked tail light cover. And all my bulbs are still fine...

I looked online and found a site where I can purchase the correct tail light assembly for $146 plus $26 shipping. https://www.superdutydepot.com/p/Fo...52/KC3Z13405C.html?clickSource=relatedProduct

Should I buy this tail light replacement or should I take this opportunity to buy new aftermarket tail lights and upgrade my truck? If so, what brand should I be looking at?

Thanks!

Or, should I just put a piece of red tape on it, and call it good? ?

20210617_114402.jpg

First thing that came to my mind was that no good deed goes unpunished. Sorry this happened to your truck man, if you can find an upgrade you like I say go that route.
I wasn't really doing a good deed...

I am the asshole in this situation... I went through a drive-through KFC to grab a quick lunch. Then, I drove into the adjacent Lowe's parking lot to eat my lunch quickly and drive back to work.

I decided to park in the shade, under a tree... But, the shade was not on a parking spot, it was in the middle of a lane between empty parking spots.

There were no cars nearby, and about 50 open parking spots, so, like a jackass, I decided to park in the shade IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE.

18 WHEELER loaded full of lumber came through the parking lot, trying to make his drop off. He came around the corner and I was in his way. I tried to move, but didn't make it in time. I actually backed into his trailer trying to get out of his way.

If I had just parked in a parking spot none of this would have happened, so I take full responsibility.

I got out and apologized to the truck driver, we both laughed, and I drove away ashamed of damaging my awesome truck...

And that's THE REST OF THE STORY - Paul Harvey

I wasn't really doing a good deed...

I am the asshole in this situation... I went through a drive-through KFC to grab a quick lunch. Then, I drove into the adjacent Lowe's parking lot to eat my lunch quickly and drive back to work.

I decided to park in the shade, under a tree... But, the shade was not on a parking spot, it was in the middle of a lane between empty parking spots.

There were no cars nearby, and about 50 open parking spots, so, like a jackass, I decided to park in the shade IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE.

18 WHEELER loaded full of lumber came through the parking lot, trying to make his drop off. He came around the corner and I was in his way. I tried to move, but didn't make it in time. I actually backed into his trailer trying to get out of his way.

If I had just parked in a parking spot none of this would have happened, so I take full responsibility.

I got out and apologized to the truck driver, we both laughed, and I drove away ashamed of damaging my awesome truck...

And that's THE REST OF THE STORY - Paul Harvey
Stand by for News!!!?

I just stopped at Orielly Auto Parts and paid $1.36 for a 6 inch by 6 inch piece of clear red plastic tape. I'm going to put that over the hole until I can buy a new tail light assembly.

Do any of y'all have recommendation for best name brand of after market lights?

If I buy some fancy lights with LED bulbs, does it all plug into the existing harness, or do I have to cut and splice wires?

Damn man, hate to hear this happened. I would probably upgrade, tho I haven’t shopped what brands to look at, or their prices. That said, for me, it would be price dependent. If I can fix the issue for $150 or replace both taillights for $600, I might lean towards the first option. Buuut, it depends on what other mods I’m looking at! ?

i believe the 19 tail light fits if you can find an aftermarket that you like that will accept the blis. i think the blis sensor is the same yo can lookup part numbers online and compare 19 vs 20. i would just replace with stock light and save the money. throw some led conversion bulbs in while you're there

i believe the 19 tail light fits if you can find an aftermarket that you like that will accept the blis. i think the blis sensor is the same yo can lookup part numbers online and compare 19 vs 20. i would just replace with stock light and save the money. throw some led conversion bulbs in while you're there
You're correct on the fitment. But the wiring is the big question. Ford is known to change wiring with the refreshes and not sure if it would be plug and play or need additional work.

Back