Bumper replacement options??

I’ve been looking at the Fab Fours ... either the Premium or the Matrix, both with the Prerunner Loop. I do like the look of the ADD ones as well and now I’m headed over to check out the Trail Ready bumpers thanks to this thread.
These guys on here have always been awesome at sharing info/ideas.

I’m either going ranch hand or color match. I hunt in south Texas, not use to not having ranch hand bumpers on my rig!
No lie that’s what I had on my last f250, plus it seems to help with asshole strikes as well!

Although I've never hit a deer, everyone else in the family and the boys that dated my daughters have all hit a deer on the road to my house. I have a herd that walks by the kitchen window every morning. I'm going to hit one some day. Anyway, I'm been looking at the Warn Ascent HD. Pricy, but it checks all of the boxes. Can come with a pre-runner. This is very different than the regular Warn Ascent, which sticks out quite a bit. A similar design is the Fab Fours Matrix. It also checks all of the boxes . Both have basically the same side profile. There are pictures of both on Tremors on this site. I'm also talking to company in the SE Nebraska that is cheaper and makes something similar looking. Not necessarily trying to save money, but if they will tweak the design to my specs, then why not? Just need more information on that last one.

I've been debating the Fab Fours Matrix Pre-runner. The newest versions includes the ACC brackets, light bar and winch mounting. Anyone dealt with one of them with ACC and Warn winch control relocation on a 6.7?

Last edited:

Attachments

• 7D8817BD-CA70-4D3A-9814-48E898266AB3.jpeg
    7D8817BD-CA70-4D3A-9814-48E898266AB3.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 241
  • F8ADFF9D-0549-423C-9991-A126FABA6BC2.jpeg
    F8ADFF9D-0549-423C-9991-A126FABA6BC2.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 239
Thanks for those pics... I've been contemplating the Midnight for a while. Think I'll pull the trigger. The loss of hooks is one of the things I really don't like, almost feel like I have to get a winch to make up for it! :LOL:

I’m looking at replacing front/rear bumpers. Looking for that perfect blend of protection/off-roading/wench capability. I live in Texas so I need deer/pig protection but like to off-road. My last F-250 had the Ranch hand bumpers which were great for protection but not off-roading. I’m looking at the Fab Four matrix series but I’m wondering how great they are for animal strikes. If anyone has any other suggestions/pics of current setups etc., it would be much appreciated.
We have a Westin HDX Bandit bumper and cattle guard. https://www.westinautomotive.com/hdx-bandit-front-bumper
1620230299234.jpeg

I've often wondered about that term, 'cattle guard'. I can't imagine pummeling through a field of cattle often enough to justify purchasing a guard to specifically protect against them...

Do you often drive over many cows? If so, what does that do to your suspension? Also, why? Did the cow make you angry? If so, how?
More nudging, less pummeling! :LOL:

So, I've done a lot of calling around and research on the Fab Fours over the last week. See if I can collapse this down into something that makes sense.

Matrix -https://fabfours.com/product/ford-super-duty-matrix-front-bumper/

Upside: Great if you want a winch and a light bar that are "high-n-tight" looking. I'm personally not a big fan of the super bulky winch bumpers. They use 3/16" plate and some of the tubing is 2.5". Probably higher quality than a lot of the stuff out there. Another appealing thing is that latest series has a little cutout for the ACC radar mod so it isn't a big deal to address that.

Downside: You have to relocate the winch control box if you want to use a light bar in the bumper. With a 6.7 that is not going to be ideal no matter how you try to go about it. Started another thread on the Matrix last night looking for suggestions.

New Premium Winch Bumper - https://fabfours.com/product/new-premium-winch-bumper-4/

Upside: Room to install the winch with no mods. Uses 3/16" plate and 2.5" tubing. Reduced price over the old version. Still fairly low profile compared to a lot of others.

Downside: "Integrated" ACC bracket is actually a box that mounts on top of the bumper. To avoid that I would go with the ADD ACC bracket (doesn't work with Platinum package). That puts the ACC right in front of the trans cooler.....might not be great. Also, no light bar mounts. Maybe use some tube brackets or on the main bumper, tough to confirm with just pictures what would work.

I might keep waiting to see what happens with some of the top fab shops out there. Somebody has to come up with a decent winch/light bumper that doesn't require weird looking boxes or relocating the ACC. Ford and Warn figured out how to put a 12K in at the factory.

I've been waiting for the Trail Ready Rock Crawler bumper to be made for a `17+ Ford. I even messaged them and they said they'd do it if I ordered one. Well, somebody beat me to it.

To me, this looks like the best off the shelf front bumper in terms of clearance. To do better, you'd have to order custom.

Edit: I messaged them and they said they could add a grille guard to this bumper custom if you wanted it.

242012791_127234526298538_3240811955240104628_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the Trail Ready Rock Crawler bumper to be made for a `17+ Ford. I even messaged them and they said they'd do it if I ordered one. Well, somebody beat me to it.

To me, this looks like the best off the shelf front bumper in terms of clearance. To do better, you'd have to order custom.

Edit: I messaged them and they said they could add a grille guard to this bumper custom if you wanted it.

View attachment 33942
This would be great with a brush guard on it. If I wasnt all the way up in AK Id order one. Do they have a matching rear bumper?

Back