Bummed...

Smart man, if I had the patience I'd wait too. Thar new screen and the new paint matching options alone make it a better deal. My 2021 should be here in the next few days.
I had a 2021 that came in a week after the 2022 announcement but I decided I could wait (I really cant wait but since I keep my truck a while, it was worth it) and told the dealer to go ahead and sell it.

Signing up by paying 25$ for Mustang Club of America membership on line instantly got me a XPlan pin #
Yes but when the dealer checks that pin, they will find it's not valid because FORD and MCA have changed the rules.

1. You need you have been a member for greater than 60 days at the date of purchase.
2. You need a digital membership or a standard membership, associate memberships do not qualify.

I promise, direct from MCA... Send them an email and see if you can upgrade your membership.

Happy to know I’m wrong on that. Thank you for the knowledge and correction. But man, I can’t imagine loading this truck to 11300 with this motor. Let alone these brakes. ?
Do the 6.7 get different brakes? Never heard of that. Just another 700lbs to slow down if your hauling 3k lbs pay.

Do the 6.7 get different brakes? Never heard of that. Just another 700lbs to slow down if your hauling 3k lbs pay.
No, I’m just not impressed with the braking ability of my truck with a load relative to the DRW diesels I’ve used for real work. I’ve only pulled ~10K max with the gasser so far and it gasps even on our mild hills around here (looks like we’re in the same neighborhood) and relatively low highway speeds (as compared to Texas.)

Basically just saying I’d feel a lot more confident in a DRW diesel when near the capacity limits.

No, I’m just not impressed with the braking ability of my truck with a load relative to the DRW diesels I’ve used for real work. I’ve only pulled ~10K max with the gasser so far and it gasps even on our mild hills around here (looks like we’re in the same neighborhood) and relatively low highway speeds (as compared to Texas.)

Basically just saying I’d feel a lot more confident in a DRW diesel when near the capacity limits.
That was not my question. 6.7 or 7.3 Tremor do they have different brakes? If they don’t, the 6.7 is 700lbs heavier.

And don’t get me wrong, very happy with the 7.3 as a daily driver that can do it all including haul a mid-sized dirt worker from time to time.

That was not my question. 6.7 or 7.3 Tremor do they have different brakes? If they don’t, the 6.7 is 700lbs heavier.
I don’t believe they do. Good point on the extra weight the diesel is stopping.

Bill Fick in Huntsville between Houston and Dallas was great to work with. They gave me a pretty good deal compared to other dealers in the Houston area. They also go through a ton of super duties so they usually have a couple tremors on there lot to chose from if you wanted to try and go that route. When I bought mine in December they had 3 other F350 tremors on the lot and a few more on the way.
I haven’t read the whole thread but I ordered from Bill Fick last month. Excellent experience so far. Their first offer beat the other dealers in the Houston metro area I had been haggling with for a while. Once I decided on my options they placed my order and sent me confirmation. No deposit, no muss, no fuss.

I think the have the exhaust brake but is that only while towing?
You can turn on the EB at any time. There is a button on the top of the Dash Stack to turn it on, auto or off. I have not played with it on mine, but I will the next time I tow.

1617844559900.png

Just be careful, a lot of dealerships are posting trucks that are ordered by other customers, just to bring in foot traffic. My truck was posted on the dealerships website as well as other websites, with my exact vin #. Called my sales guy to inquire about it, and was informed that it is standard practice. I don’t like it, felt like they were trying to sale the truck I ordered. But, I guess it’s insuring to have a buyer in the case someone backs out of the deal. Definitely make sure that you talk with someone who knows if the truck is available.
If you find something that will work click on the window sticker. Green is special order and blue is usually dealer order. Another way is to put vin # in Alumazilla and if it was a special order it will have the customer's name on it, that doesn’t mean they didn’t walk away from it. It will also show if it was just ordered or delivered. The window sticker won’t change color. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Yes but when the dealer checks that pin, they will find it's not valid because FORD and MCA have changed the rules.

1. You need you have been a member for greater than 60 days at the date of purchase.
2. You need a digital membership or a standard membership, associate memberships do not qualify.

I promise, direct from MCA... Send them an email and see if you can upgrade your membership.
Ford says that's not true. MCA can give xplan to whoever they want and seem to have stretched the truth in their wording. If you are just signing up, then pay $35. But it makes no difference since you can just go to eaa.org and get xplan with no wait. They charge $40 and is probably the real reason MCA changed their own pricing rules.

Latest Discussions

Back