Bummed...

Yeah, I just did the 500 mile trick and still only show 3 available F350's w/ a 7.3 in that search.
That's crazy. It just doesn't seem right. I think the Ford search doesn't actually locate everything.

How do you change it to 500 miles from 100 miles?
After you open the website, and pick the 100 mile range, if you look up in the web address bar, you will see the number 100....change only that number to 500 and hit enter. it's supposed to go out to 500 miles then.

Once I get beyond 500 miles (I really don’t want to drive more than 300-400 miles at a time), I start centering the search on places I could fly to cheaply/quickly, that have a lot of rural dealerships with expensive trucks. For me that was Idaho/Utah.
Yep....that works too. I've done that in the past also.

Yeah, I just did the 500 mile trick and still only show 3 available F350's w/ a 7.3 in that search.
That's crazy. It just doesn't seem right. I think the Ford search doesn't actually locate everything.
It’s right. Dealers don’t order that many 350 Tremor’s. There’s no rational reason to buy that truck. The 250 is the same exact truck other than the commercial load rating and is less money, so appeals to far more buyers.

Most dealers pre-ordering 350’s are building them out for commercial customers.

There are quite literally only a few dealers building out 350’s to sit on their lot for people who just want to spend max money on stickers.

It’s right. Dealers don’t order that many 350 Tremor’s. There’s no rational reason to buy that truck. The 250 is the same exact truck other than the commercial load rating and is less money, so appeals to far more buyers.

Most dealers pre-ordering 350’s are building them out for commercial customers.

There are quite literally only a few dealers building out 350’s to sit on their lot for people who just want to spend max money on stickers.
Yeah I guess that true to an extent... I'd think that there would be at least one around me though. Surely I'm not the only one that wants maximum available payload and towing in a gas engine.... But then again, I guess I am.

I just realized you said 350 with a 7.3.

That combination makes no sense and I’d be surprised if Ford even builds them.

The only thing a F350 badge gives you is a 11500# load rating on the sticker. But the 7.3 can’t be rated beyond 10000# to my knowledge.

So a F350 with a 7.3 is just an F250 with a fender badge.

At that point buy an F250 and swap the fender badge out yourself.

I've been using the Ford site, and I just keep changing the zip code to other areas. I also use the 500 mile trick suggested above. I you take a look on google maps you can see how far a 500 mile radius is, and then get a zip code for a town in an adjacent 500 mile radius area and use that. By the time its all said and done, you will have about 9 or so zip codes that you can keep using on the Ford site to check inventory. Remember to write those zip codes down for the next time you look.

Are you using Google to show radius and zip codes? If so, how? I can't figure out how to get Google Maps to show that info.

The only thing a F350 badge gives you is a 11500# load rating on the sticker. But the 7.3 can’t be rated beyond 10000# to my knowledge.

E5C70B71-0B86-4D5F-B744-6443401079A4.png

This is surprisingly wrong on so many levels.

7.3/F350 @ 11,300# GVWR.

The reason he can't find them is they are POPULAR and everyone is likely buying them first lol.

7.3 gas, F350 Tremor 11300 rating. This dealer has a bunch of them, same way.

Are you using Google to show radius and zip codes? If so, how? I can't figure out how to get Google Maps to show that info.
I go to google maps.
I click on directions. I zoom the map out and pick a city that looks far away. You can also use the map scale at the bottom to get it accurately. Anyway......for me...if I pick Baltimore as the start, and say, Charlotte, NC as the destination....it comes up as 438 miles away. At that point I can change destination to something a little farther away and see what comes up. I then use that distance marking (i measure it) and then I can lay out that 500 mile distance on the map to see what area are covered. If you start from cities near the coast, it will makes it easier to cut down the number of interior cities. I then go to google and get the zip codes for the cities that I've selected. I go back to Ford and put in those zip codes.

Once you start, you'll see what I mean. Just remember to write down the zip codes....or you'll make the mistake I've made...and not done it...and had to start all over again. :LOL:

Edit: I do the same thing from the north and south borders as I do for the coasts. That leaves you very few areas in the middle to deal with, and the overlaps work in your favor as well. You really only need to do this once as long as you don't make my mistake :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@plethoragreen

Thanks, I’ve seen this. It helped convince me the 7.3 was good enough for me.

I’ll note that towing and loading are not the same thing. You can much more safely tow to max capacity thanks to trailer brakes.

I still wouldn’t do it with my gasser. So far I’ve had the thing screaming for air on a 10% grade with 10000# on the trailer at 100’ above sea level.

If I was expecting to haul/tow beyond base capacity with any regularity I’d happily pony up for the diesel.

Last edited:
This is a huge tip. I couldn’t figure this out when I was searching and it would have been a real advantage!

I have used this trick in the past and it seems to cut off at 100 dealers. If you start in an area with less dealers, you can use a larger number, but if the 500 miles has more than 100 dealers, you will only see the first 100. This means you still have to get creative with the zip codes, but it allows you to search a larger number at a time.

How do you change the radius value in the URL?

Go into the URL bar at the top of the browser and look for the "mile" value you chose on their website. If you chose 100, you will see that number in the URL. Change the value to 500 and press return to see the dealers within the larger number of miles.

I have used this trick in the past and it seems to cut off at 100 dealers. If you start in an area with less dealers, you can use a larger number, but if the 500 miles has more than 100 dealers, you will only see the first 100. This means you still have to get creative with the zip codes, but it allows you to search a larger number at a time.

Go into the URL bar at the top of the browser and look for the "mile" value you chose on their website. If you chose 100, you will see that number in the URL. Change the value to 500 and press return to see the dealers within the larger number of miles.
I cut down the number of results by using as many filters in the left column as I can.....cab....bed size...colors...packages, etc. That usually gives me more of the results I really want and cuts out the 2 wheel drive XL's I don't care about.

Yep that is correct, however you can order a 2022 now but production will not start until June/July. I ordered my 2022 a couple of weeks ago.
Smart man, if I had the patience I'd wait too. Thar new screen and the new paint matching options alone make it a better deal. My 2021 should be here in the next few days.

Back