Bummed...

They can be had on the lot. You may need to fly in and drive home. I've done that a few times; not really a big deal. 2021 was a short run; there is a superconductor shortage that's affecting GM and FCA as well. If you can wait, just order a 2022.

Who did you talk to at Holiday Ford?

I got an excellent deal at Holiday Ford for my 2021 Tremor Special order at $1165 under invoice. (And yes, I do mean under invoice, NOT MSRP) They did everything they promised, no BS on the pricing, no dealer add-ons, no financing required, no trade-in required, they honored my expired $2500 PCO, gave me all current incentives and they even delivered it to my house 245 miles away at no charge.

I can't believe their prices changed that much in the last couple of months...
I talked to Josh (your contact) but he said his sales manager would not let them go less than $2,000 over invoice (unless you have x-plan) because of supply and new model year interior redesign. I am sure that may change once they start getting 2022, but at least on the initial orders that is what he said.

I talked to Josh (your contact) but he said his sales manager would not let them go less than $2,000 over invoice (unless you have x-plan) because of supply and new model year interior redesign. I am sure that may change once they start getting 2022, but at least on the initial orders that is what he said.
Signing up by paying 25$ for Mustang Club of America membership on line instantly got me a XPlan pin #

Signing up by paying 25$ for Mustang Club of America membership on line instantly got me a XPlan pin #
I eventually found out I have x-plan through my work so I went with that. I was trying to negotiate less than invoice but in the end I am happy with x-plan (plus it was in Austin so I didn't have to go far). Ford accepted my order a week and half ago, so now just have to wait.

Oh trust me, I've been looking. I can hardly find a 350 much less with a Tremor package and even much less than that a Lariat or XLT.

I have the same story as @Alabamacoastie. Dealers have been feeling themselves of late but there are some '21 Tremor's to be had still.

My strategy was to order a 2022 (and expect to wait until early 2022 at best to actually receive it) while hunting for a suitable build on a lot. It took about a week of calling every dealer in California (and a few in Nevada, Oregon, and Idaho) but I eventually found a couple of trucks I liked at a couple of dealers who were willing to put an ounce of effort into selling. The one I bought I ended up finding on a Sunday morning after it had just been delivered. Went back and forth over a phone calls and had a deal by 3pm. Drove 2 hours to pick it up before the dealer closed at 6pm. Was in and out in less than an hour. Paid more than I'd like but it wasn't worth any more time and hassle to save a few bucks.

That was two weeks ago and several of the dealers I was trying to buy from still have their trucks on the lot and are now calling to offer a better deal.

Here's some tips:
  1. You can search inventory up to 500 miles from a zip code on Ford.com if you change the `radius` value in the URL.
  2. e.g. Here are all three F350 Tremor's within 500 miles of Dallas. Here are the 72 F250's.
  3. Note that the F250 Tremor with the high capacity tow package is functionally equivalent to an F350. The only difference is the weight rating on the sticker, the number on the badge, and the extra few thousand they charge you for the bragging rights. And every F350, in California at least, is derated to 11400# so the delta in the number on the sticker is only 1000#.
  4. Once you find something you like on Ford.com's inventory, click through to the dealer website. If the dealer's site doesn't show it, it's probably already sold. (You can also use any free VIN checking website to see if there's a sales record. Almost everything with a “Just Arrived” badge on Ford.com that's already sold will have a sales record on the VIN.)
  5. You can email the dealer to verify availability, but don't expect to haggle with an “internet sales” person. It turns out that almost every Ford dealer, again in California at least, has outsourced a call center for online/phone sales and the people on the other line have no incentive to make a deal. They're incentivized to close tickets. They'll all tell you sticker (or more) is the best they can do and that they have plenty of other interested buyers. Whether true or not (mostly not.) Once you find a truck you want you need to find a salesperson on the dealer's website you want to work with and find their direct contact info. If you get to someone who's actually on the lot they'll try to get the deal done, but they may not know how to actually do it over the phone. You'll have to have some patience here. Resign to doing their job for them and you can save some money and aggravation. Alternatively, buy a Tesla. ?

Last edited:
So after a couple of months of research, deliberation and planning with the wife we finally decided to pull the trigger on a Tremor. Only problem is, I contacted a dealer yesterday and was told that they (Ford) are not accepting anymore builds for 2021 models this year. So am I just SOL and just have to wait a few months to order a 2022 or what?
Sure seems like its a bit short to already be cutting 2021 orders....
I see plenty still available on auto trader new. Just depends how bad you want it and if your willing to go get it!

I see plenty still available on auto trader new. Just depends how bad you want it and if your willing to go get it!
I always thought it would be cool to fly to a big city, take an Uber to a big auto dealership, walk in and plunk down cash for a new truck, then drive home! I thought about buying a new Land Cruiser like that. Never did, though.

I am sorry to hear their pricing has changed so quickly! :( I guess I got lucky and was one of the last people to get in under their 2021 pricing model of $1000 under invoice to start.

On a side note, I also qualified for X-Plan through my work, but I never mentioned it because X-Plan is slightly more than invoice.

Oh trust me, I've been looking. I can hardly find a 350 much less with a Tremor package and even much less than that a Lariat or XLT.
When I drove by this weekend there was one sitting at the Ford dealer in marble falls, TX. But I think it was a platinum or limited. Can’t remember which.

Here's some tips:
  1. You can search inventory up to 500 miles from a zip code on Ford.com if you change the `radius` value in the URL.
This is a huge tip. I couldn’t figure this out when I was searching and it would have been a real advantage!

I have the same story as @Alabamacoastie. Dealers have been feeling themselves of late but there are some '21 Tremor's to be had still.

My strategy was to order a 2022 (and expect to wait until early 2022 at best to actually receive it) while hunting for a suitable build on a lot. It took about a week of calling every dealer in California (and a few in Nevada, Oregon, and Idaho) but I eventually found a couple of trucks I liked at a couple of dealers who were willing to put an ounce of effort into selling. The one I bought I ended up finding on a Sunday morning after it had just been delivered. Went back and forth over a phone calls and had a deal by 3pm. Drove 2 hours to pick it up before the dealer closed at 6pm. Was in and out in less than an hour. Paid more than I'd like but it wasn't worth any more time and hassle to save a few bucks.

That was two weeks ago and several of the dealers I was trying to buy from still have their trucks on the lot and are now calling to offer a better deal.

Here's some tips:
  2. e.g. Here are all three F350 Tremor's within 500 miles of Dallas. Here are the 72 F250's.
  3. Note that the F250 Tremor with the high capacity tow package is functionally equivalent to an F350. The only difference is the weight rating on the sticker, the number on the badge, and the extra few thousand they charge you for the bragging rights. And every F350, in California at least, is derated to 11400# so the delta in the number on the sticker is only 1000#.
  4. Once you find something you like on Ford.com's inventory, click through to the dealer website. If the dealer's site doesn't show it, it's probably already sold. (You can also use any free VIN checking website to see if there's a sales record. Almost everything with a “Just Arrived” badge on Ford.com that's already sold will have a sales record on the VIN.)
  5. You can email the dealer to verify availability, but don't expect to haggle with an “internet sales” person. It turns out that almost every Ford dealer, again in California at least, has outsourced a call center for online/phone sales and the people on the other line have no incentive to make a deal. They're incentivized to close tickets. They'll all tell you sticker (or more) is the best they can do and that they have plenty of other interested buyers. Whether true or not (mostly not.) Once you find a truck you want you need to find a salesperson on the dealer's website you want to work with and find their direct contact info. If you get to someone who's actually on the lot they'll try to get the deal done, but they may not know how to actually do it over the phone. You'll have to have some patience here. Resign to doing their job for them and you can save some money and aggravation. Alternatively, buy a Tesla. ?
How do you change the radius value in the URL?

Not sure if you are looking for diesel or gas but I did a search on Ford's X plan login site and it had 65 Tremors available within 100 miles of Fort Worth

I can’t get Alumnzilla to work at all. Any suggestions that are better than the Ford site?

Just be careful, a lot of dealerships are posting trucks that are ordered by other customers, just to bring in foot traffic. My truck was posted on the dealerships website as well as other websites, with my exact vin #. Called my sales guy to inquire about it, and was informed that it is standard practice. I don’t like it, felt like they were trying to sale the truck I ordered. But, I guess it’s insuring to have a buyer in the case someone backs out of the deal. Definitely make sure that you talk with someone who knows if the truck is available.

Just be careful, a lot of dealerships are posting trucks that are ordered by other customers, just to bring in foot traffic. My truck was posted on the dealerships website as well as other websites, with my exact vin #. Called my sales guy to inquire about it, and was informed that it is standard practice. I don’t like it, felt like they were trying to sale the truck I ordered. But, I guess it’s insuring to have a buyer in the case someone backs out of the deal. Definitely make sure that you talk with someone who knows if the truck is available.
Yep.....I've noticed that as well.

Also from what I understand the Dallas and Austin areas are the hottest markets for these trucks right now. Everyone moving there is buying a big truck to round out the fantasy. Don’t expect to negotiate below sticker. And don’t be surprised when dealers are starting at $5000 above MSRP.

I can’t get Alumnzilla to work at all. Any suggestions that are better than the Ford site?
I've been using the Ford site, and I just keep changing the zip code to other areas. I also use the 500 mile trick suggested above. I you take a look on google maps you can see how far a 500 mile radius is, and then get a zip code for a town in an adjacent 500 mile radius area and use that. By the time its all said and done, you will have about 9 or so zip codes that you can keep using on the Ford site to check inventory. Remember to write those zip codes down for the next time you look.

I've been using the Ford site, and I just keep changing the zip code to other areas. I also use the 500 mile trick suggested above. I you take a look on google maps you can see how far a 500 mile radius is, and then get a zip code for a town in an adjacent 500 mile radius area and use that. By the time its all said and done, you will have about 9 or so zip codes that you can keep using on the Ford site to check inventory. Remember to write those zip codes down for the next time you look.

Once I get beyond 500 miles (I really don’t want to drive more than 300-400 miles at a time), I start centering the search on places I could fly to cheaply/quickly, that have a lot of rural dealerships with expensive trucks. For me that was Idaho/Utah.

How do you change it to 500 miles from 100 miles?

Back