BuiltRight Sale

Has anyone installed the dash mount kit on a 2022 Super Duty? Mine is a F350 Platinum with large screen. It is spec'd for 2021 models, but not 2022. Maybe just not updated on the website yet...
Yes, check my build thread. I also put some pictures of the install in another thread.

Just curious, do the panels block much of the light from the bed lights?
The panels themselves do not block any light. But, if you mount large items in front of the lights it will. If you look at my posted pics on the thread you'll see a black pouch on the driver's side. It will block light for sure. Mine is mounted below the light so it doesn't block it, but it does create an ugly shadow. I plan to move it to a new location.

Last edited:
The panels themselves do not block any light. But, if you mount large items in front of the lights it will. If you look at my posted pics on the thread you'll see a black pouch on the driver's side. It will block light for sure. Mine is mounted below the light so it doesn't block it, but it does create an ugly shadow. I plan to move it to a new location.
Thanks. Yea that's what I figured about large items.

Love their products. At least I can reuse a few from my 2020 Raptor to the pending 2022 F250. Just ordered new rear panels. Have the F-150 panels if someone needs them.

Opening the dash panel is not difficult. Get a set of plastic pry tools from Harbor Freight and check out a YouTube vid. Use painters tape to make sure you don’t scratch the dash and plastic, take your time and gently pry using the plastic pry tool and you will be fine. You will need to remove two screws as well. Don’t forget to plug your speaker back in before reassembly. 👍🏻
Yeah definitely use tape. I used a rag per past experience and the directions and I still boogered up the dashboard a bit.

My BuiltRight items arrived today. The packaging is amazing, you can really tell they are a quality focused company. Can’t wait to start playing with options for this system.

Attachments

• 91FB48FA-DA36-433A-ACBE-FA20BDEB61E7.jpeg
    91FB48FA-DA36-433A-ACBE-FA20BDEB61E7.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 3F1B0F45-9AAD-4CB6-8BE9-0BA3EB82C9AF.jpeg
    3F1B0F45-9AAD-4CB6-8BE9-0BA3EB82C9AF.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 32
Love my BuiltRight bedside panels!
I've also ordered this:
That I'll velcro across the bed cover box (to the right of the light in photo 3). Then I can hang smaller, lightweight items there too!
You and I have made many of the same product choices regarding tools for the bed, cover, etc... So, selfishly, I really like where you're going with this. Question though, what are those chocks on the aft panels, just above the fire extinguisher on the left and behind the can on the right?

Has anyone with a safe installed one of those tech plates in the center console? How much room are you left with? In your experience is it a waste of time given the constraints the OEM safe imposes?

I figured I would largely stick paper behind the rack, perhaps mount a flat pocket for registration or association papers... That said I don't really know how to measure the available space of a closed lid.

Any insight would be awesome.

Matt @ BuiltRight advised that they will be having a Black Friday pre-order launch for the '22MY Dash Mount. Shipping will be 4-6 weeks out.
Just checked their site and didn’t see it, anyone? If so, please share the link.

I'm interested in that too.

For those of you who don’t know, BuiltRight is having a sale.

Well, just placed an order on some more accessories for a truck I don’t even own yet 🤣. Super impressed from the BR reviews I have read here.

Ordered the following:

Stage 1 bedside rack system
Rear Seat release kit
Perfect fit stubby antenna.

Love the look of the dash mounting tray but I am a bit nervous opening my dash up.
Thanks. Just ordered dash mount and phone holder.

That dash mount plate, I just used double sided tape and put mine in reverse to the normal mounting way.

How much room is realistically available behind the sheet? Like a laptop or a hitch?
From the looks of it, not much. It is more for access and I would rather have my lab running around on the seat backs and not the seats.

From the looks of it, not much. It is more for access and I would rather have my lab running around on the seat backs and not the seats.

The seat backs are covered with a cheap composite fiber 'fabric' that would be destroyed after a single trip with your dog. They're not meant to support weight, tolerate wear, or endure abrasion.

As for the space behind the seats, you could cram inconsequential items back there assuming you don't have the factory sub, amp, etc. But airflow over the amp will be a concern and the bracket on the rear panel is simply not designed for user interaction. Doesn't matter what brand of aftermarket strap you throw on the seat, if that bar falls out of alignment with that shallow clasp - you're gonna have a bad time.

I get there will always be that guy who claims nothing is a hassle and everything works first try, but I experienced particular difficulty re-latching the seat to the panel. I watched the videos, I attempted to align the bar and the latch, lifting the lower seat and pressing the upper rearward... Over and over and over, I must have tried 70 different variants in my attempts to get that hateful sumbitch to close.

Eventually it did and I'll be damned if I'm going back there again. It's simply not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
The seat backs are covered with a cheap composite fiber 'fabric' that would be destroyed after a single trip with your dog. They're not meant to support weight, tolerate wear, or endure abrasion.

As for the space behind the seats, you could cram inconsequential items back there assuming you don't have the factory sub, amp, etc. But airflow over the amp will be a concern and the bracket on the rear panel is simply not designed for user interaction. Doesn't matter what brand of aftermarket strap you throw on the seat, if that bar falls out of alignment with that shallow clasp - you're gonna have a bad time.

I get there will always be that guy who claims nothing is a hassle and everything works first try, but I experienced particular difficulty re-latching the seat to the panel. I watched the videos, I attempted to align the bar and the latch, lifting the lower seat and pressing the upper rearward... Over and over and over, I must have tried 70 different variants in my attempts to get that hateful sumbitch to close.

Eventually it did and I'll be damned if I'm going back there again. It's simply not worth the hassle.
Interesting, first I am hearing about this problem/issue with re-latching. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. As I do t have my truck yet, good to know about the seat back covers as well.

Just received an update from Matt @ BuiltRight. The dash mount for MY ‘22 (12” display) won’t be released until mid-January.

Back