Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
builtright-racks.jpeg

I just got my Built Right bed racks installed and looking for mounting ideas. I've seen several photos posted on the forum, but I thought it might be helpful to have one thread dedicated with photos of the racks and gear installed. So let's see 'em!

Last edited:
Hey there, @TrackRat... Looks great, and looks like a good clean install. Amost like you had no difficulty putting the both a Retrax & BuiltRight racks in (unless that's not a Retrax). Did you have the BuiltRight bed racks in PRIOR to your installation of the tonneau? I'm thinking that's the smart way to go, right?

If you installed both, please share anything you learned while doing whatever you did second. Thanks!

@Mach’er m mine is installed under a roll cover from truck USA https://www.truckcoversusa.com/
I had to adjust the clamps some but not much. The ones on my cover are in the Builtright panel holes at the top. Look at the pics of mine above and you can see the clamps.

Hey there, @TrackRat... Looks great, and looks like a good clean install. Amost like you had no difficulty putting the both a Retrax & BuiltRight racks in (unless that's not a Retrax). Did you have the BuiltRight bed racks in PRIOR to your installation of the tonneau? I'm thinking that's the smart way to go, right?

If you installed both, please share anything you learned while doing whatever you did second. Thanks!

There were definitely some challenges but nothing too tough. Had to notch the racks where the bed rail clamps for the Retrax go. Wasn’t too bad and would have been easier if I just went down that route right off the bar rather than trying to mess around with adjusting the clamps. You’ll likely need to cut out one of the vertical pieces to clear the lower bolt and also drill a hole in the top of the rack to clear the top bolt.

I figured I would add a couple pics. Also had to notch the BuiltRight to work with the retrax but there was no reason to remove the retrax.
Also, a couple pics of two rotopax containers mounted. They are essentially the same width as the tire well so no space lost. My thinking is one can for the tremor, one for the generator so that the gas can isn’t taking of room for the genny.

I couldn’t make the BuiltRight pax mount work.I have the FUELPAX DLX. Have an email into BuiltRight.
UPDATE: while the Rotopax and fuelpax mounts are the same geometry, they are fundamentally different. Fuelpax is stamped sheet metal, Rotopax is billet. You are not supposed to stack fuel cans with the fuelpax, those are for single tanks. So, to mount one tank, either work. But with the BuiltRight it is better to order the Rotopax mount and BuiltRight mount plate.

On a positive note, I stopped by Rotopax HQ yesterday which was interesting to see all of their products. Currently there are “blem” items on their website for 50% off. No noticeable imperfections so give them a try.

Attachments

• 9253903A-E39B-4A49-A093-93A2D4B9A551.jpeg
    9253903A-E39B-4A49-A093-93A2D4B9A551.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 1C07F0EA-82A1-46A1-BE5E-4B7FECA7E501.jpeg
    1C07F0EA-82A1-46A1-BE5E-4B7FECA7E501.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 192
  • 22A443CC-7801-407E-B76E-E3DC0FF060EE.jpeg
    22A443CC-7801-407E-B76E-E3DC0FF060EE.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 197
  • C0FCB438-9937-4113-8E93-5CC82027D3F3.jpeg
    C0FCB438-9937-4113-8E93-5CC82027D3F3.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I figured I would add a couple pics. Also had to notch the BuiltRight to work with the retrax but there was no reason to remove the retrax.
Also, a couple pics of two rotopax containers mounted. They are essentially the same width as the tire well so no space lost. My thinking is one can for the tremor, one for the generator so that the gas can isn’t taking of room for the genny.

I couldn’t make the BuiltRight pax mount work.I have the fuelpax DLX. Have an email into BuiltRight. Will updatepost if there is new information.
On a positive note, I stopped by Rotopax HQ yesterday which was interesting to see all of their products. Currently there are “blem” items on their website for 50% off. No noticeable imperfections so give them a try.
Did you experience any significant interference in the fit of the RotoPax fuel cans on the RotoPax mount?

I just put mine in, and practically have to sit in the bed and kick it on with my feet. Okay, not practically, that's exactly what I have to do. I'm guessing it'll loosen up with use, but I was kinda surprised. (Gen2 2 gallon can on DLX mount). Really tight fit... interference fit... whatever you want to call it.

Just wondering if this is normal, or not...

Did you experience any significant interference in the fit of the RotoPax fuel cans on the RotoPax mount?

I just put mine in, and practically have to sit in the bed and kick it on with my feet. Okay, not practically, that's exactly what I have to do. I'm guessing it'll loosen up with use, but I was kinda surprised. (Gen2 2 gallon can on DLX mount). Really tight fit... interference fit... whatever you want to call it.

Just wondering if this is normal, or not...
Certainly not my experience. I used both DLX with gen2 (gas) and gen1 diesel. Slid right on as expected. Did you test fit before mounting?

Certainly not my experience. I used both DLX with gen2 (gas) and gen1 diesel. Slid right on as expected. Did you test fit before mounting?
Yes. Didn't fit well then either. Wiggles off okay, and holds fuel, so I'm keeping it.

Here’s where I’m at. Nothing too crazy. I’d like to install the ARB Twin but unsure about the wiring. They have the arb twin with the 1 gallon tank in a waterproof storage container that I could also easily secure in the back.

Attachments

• DFDBD0B4-038A-480E-B74B-31104F0AC973.jpeg
    DFDBD0B4-038A-480E-B74B-31104F0AC973.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 4E153D9B-F32D-421B-A710-FF9E9EFC05B7.jpeg
    4E153D9B-F32D-421B-A710-FF9E9EFC05B7.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 225
@Tremortrix
What’s the concern with the wiring?

I do a lot of fabrication, but usually get a bit intimidated by electrical stuff. I haven’t been able to find a good, easy wiring diagram to understand how the twin ARB wires to the battery and upfitter switches.

Back