Built Right Bed Racks Ideas

I don't know how you guys got so lucky on the alignment of your panels with the RetraxPro XR mounts but mine do not line up with the holes in the Built Right panels.

Also, one of the bolt heads holding the rear tie downs was stripped from the factory. Pretty sure it was due to cross threading so have been unable to get it out and finish this project.
I ended marking where the brackets hit on the panels and notched them with a Dremel tool

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.12.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.13.35 PM.png

Not complete yet but getting there , i need to get some more quickfist mounts and put a few more things . I am going to to the front ones as well but have not decided what i want to do on them .

IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg

Not complete yet but getting there , i need to get some more quickfist mounts and put a few more things . I am going to to the front ones as well but have not decided what i want to do on them .

View attachment 57487View attachment 57488
Whats the difference between these and Builtright racks. Why go this route, cost ? Some functionality or value added?

Whats the difference between these and Builtright racks. Why go this route, cost ? Some functionality or value added?
These are the ones he designed and made. It looks like in his, the bed cargo lights aren't covered up like the BuiltRight racks are.

These are the ones he designed and made. It looks like in his, the bed cargo lights aren't covered up like the BuiltRight racks are.
I see that now. A quick remedy is to make a small cutout in the builtright rack if that bothers one, just like some are cutting it on top to accommodate bed covers.

Where i see value is if someone made a large panel which connected the back and front panels into one. Just re-doing Builtright design, not so much.

I see that now. A quick remedy is to make a small cutout in the builtright rack if that bothers one, just like some are cutting it on top to accommodate bed covers.

Where i see value is if someone made a large panel which connected the back and front panels into one. Just re-doing Builtright design, not so much.
It’s making them how I like them and because I can. I don’t like the molle attachment points because they are useless to me , to me I improved the design of the bed panels. If you don’t like them that is your choice. I can do them a lot cheaper as has been discussed on another thread. If you want to cut a new panel up that’s up to you but I’d rather not do that so I can kind of make them custom to a point.

It’s making them how I like them and because I can. I don’t like the molle attachment points because they are useless to me , to me I improved the design of the bed panels. If you don’t like them that is your choice. I can do them a lot cheaper as has been discussed on another thread. If you want to cut a new panel up that’s up to you but I’d rather not do that so I can kind of make them custom to a point,
If it makes you happy make them yourself and use them, especially if it costs you less.

I love the Builtright panels and i think it can do absolutely everything your custom design does - there’s nothing shown on your photo that can’t be done with a buildright panel, that is my point.

You say molle attachment points are useless to you, how so? You mounted exactly the same items i mounted using those molle attachmens points without any issues. So i’m not buying your arguments. But again, if you’re happy with your panels, that’s all that matters.

If it makes you happy make them yourself and use them, especially if it costs you less.

I love the Builtright panels and i think it can do absolutely everything your custom design does - there’s nothing shown on your photo that can’t be done with a buildright panel, that is my point.

You say molle attachment points are useless to you, how so? You mounted exactly the same items i mounted using those molle attachmens points without any issues. So i’m not buying your arguments. But again, if you’re happy with your panels, that’s all that matters.
So why make a comment like that ? Move along if you don’t like it ! I didn’t use any molle attachment so idk what your taking about. There’s been a lot more positive comments about them than your one negative comment. I’m not arguing with anything and really don’t need to justify anything I do to anyone, I have the equipment to do things like this that I want so therefore I do !

So why make a comment like that ? Move along if you don’t like it ! I didn’t use any molle attachment so idk what your taking about. There’s been a lot more positive comments about them than your one negative comment. I’m not arguing with anything and really don’t need to justify anything I do to anyone, I have the equipment to do things like this that I want so therefore I do !
Move along if you don’t like it? Really dude?

The only comments you like to see is positive praise of your copy of the builtright rack? Mine wasn’t even a negative comment, it was questioning the value of your panel if one of near identical design already exists.

I like to call things out the way i see them and if i have a question or don’t see the value in something, i will call it out, the way i did here. You can move along if you don’t like it.

Move along if you don’t like it? Really dude?

The only comments you like to see is positive praise of your copy of the builtright rack? Mine wasn’t even a negative comment, it was questioning the value of your panel if one of near identical design already exists.

I like to call things out the way i see them and if i have a question or don’t see the value in something, i will call it out, the way i did here. You can move along if you don’t like it.
Yes move along if you don’t like something that I do !
I have made Molle panels long before build right did them for local Jeep builder so I’m not trying to copy or anything there are differences in them that make them more user friendly and like I said I’m able to customize them some to others needs. There are a lot of things I have made over the years that other people/companies have made and made them better. There’s not anything wrong with that and I could not care if you think what I’m doing is good or bad and I’m not being a ass that’s just me.yiur comments didn’t make any sense any way. What are you calling out ? That’s what I don’t get , are you trying to be that one guy that has to know everything? Or just trying to be a dick ? I don’t get it.
If you have some input on them that’s fine I like feed back but is what I don’t like is someone trying to down a project that I’m doing for myself.

Yes move along if you don’t like something that I do !
I have made Molle panels long before build right did them for local Jeep builder so I’m not trying to copy or anything there are differences in them that make them more user friendly and like I said I’m able to customize them some to others needs. There are a lot of things I have made over the years that other people/companies have made and made them better. There’s not anything wrong with that and I could not care if you think what I’m doing is good or bad and I’m not being a ass that’s just me.yiur comments didn’t make any sense any way. What are you calling out ? That’s what I don’t get , are you trying to be that one guy that has to know everything? Or just trying to be a dick ? I don’t get it.
If you have some input on them that’s fine I like feed back but is what I don’t like is someone trying to down a project that I’m doing for myself.
I was very objective and specific with my questions in post #63 and my follow up in post #65. Buy you seem to have completely ignored that and went on defensive rant like i was attacking you in some way.

Whatever.

Just remember it’s you who actually came to the 2 year old Builtright rack ideas thread, it wasn’t me going into your custom panel design thread to question your creation - big difference. i’m done on this topic with you, carry on.

I was very objective and specific with my questions in post #63 and my follow up in post #65. Buy you seem to have completely ignored that and went on defensive rant like i was attacking you in some way.

Whatever.

Just remember it’s you who actually came to the 2 year old Builtright rack ideas thread, it wasn’t me going into your custom panel design thread to question your creation - big difference. i’m done on this topic with you, carry on.
Finley 😬
Have a good day.

has anyone utilize both the Pelican Box Link brackets and the Builtright bed panels with success?

Back