Build date bumped to Feb.

WhiskyThrottle

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
retired
Current Ride
18’ GT350; 21'AMB F-350 Tremor
Ordered 28 Oct. dealer called me with a VIN and build week on 20 Nov. The build week was 04 Jan.
About two weeks ago I talked with him and he said it was scheduled to be built the day of 08 Jan.
I just talked with him and he said the system now shows a build week of 08 Feb. with no explanation.
Has anyone else seen this happen recently?

Ordered 28 Oct. dealer called me with a VIN and build week on 20 Nov. The build week was 04 Jan.
About two weeks ago I talked with him and he said it was scheduled to be built the day of 08 Jan.
I just talked with him and he said the system now shows a build week of 08 Feb. with no explanation.
I’ve gone 7 weeks without a VIN not looking good for my build date. Might end up being a 2022

I ordered November 20 and my build date is Jan 23 as of last week, so maybe they messed something up?

The delay isn't all that unusual. There is likely some explanation and it will probably end up being earlier than you last heard. I ordered mine in August and was originally quoted 60 days. Took a few weeks to get my build date and ended up being closer to 90 because of the model year switch. In the end, it's worth the wait.

Dude that sucks. I wonder what happened. I ordered on 10/26, got VIN a couple weeks later, built on 12/17 delivered on 12/21. Hopefully you get it soon!

I went and sat down with my friend who happens to be president of our local dealership this morning. He told me straight up that outside of factory workers and dealership employees, Ford employees are all working from home and are planning to continue doing so for the foreseeable future. Consequently, he said no one seems to know what's going on, left hand doesn't know what right hand's doing, etc. He can't get accurate information from his regular contacts. He had a 2021 F150 come in yesterday that was the 39th one he's ordered; it inexplicably arrived before 30 something he ordered before it (he's received a handful). He said no one could tell him why or where the other 30 off trucks were...it just showed up unannounced. Sounds like it's a crapshoot.

I went and sat down with my friend who happens to be president of our local dealership this morning. He told me straight up that outside of factory workers and dealership employees, Ford employees are all working from home and are planning to continue doing so for the foreseeable future. Consequently, he said no one seems to know what's going on, left hand doesn't know what right hand's doing, etc. He can't get accurate information from his regular contacts. He had a 2021 F150 come in yesterday that was the 39th one he's ordered; it inexplicably arrived before 30 something he ordered before it (he's received a handful). He said no one could tell him why or where the other 30 off trucks were...it just showed up unannounced. Sounds like it's a crapshoot.
Soooooo you’re telling me mine could just show up tomorrow hahaha I’ll take it.

I’ve gone 7 weeks without a VIN not looking good for my build date. Might end up being a 2022
Not going to lie, I didn't look through your previous posts, but have you gone in person or otherwise pressured your dealer for your VIN? It's one thing to blame it on faceless Ford and another to tell a man standing in front of you that you can't pick up a spreadsheet lying on your desk or take a minute to look it up on the computer.

Has your window sticker been published yet?

Maybe there are supply chain problems on certain parts? Dunno, just a random guess. I'm also going to assume production this week is pretty much dead and should pick up again next week.

Maybe there are supply chain problems on certain parts? Dunno, just a random guess. I'm also going to assume production this week is pretty much dead and should pick up again next week.
Yes, that's a good point. I had considered COVID, or plant closings for holidays but commodities could be the issue as well.

Not going to lie, I didn't look through your previous posts, but have you gone in person or otherwise pressured your dealer for your VIN? It's one thing to blame it on faceless Ford and another to tell a man standing in front of you that you can't pick up a spreadsheet lying on your desk or take a minute to look it up on the computer.
First thing next week I’m going in.

Yes, that's a good point. I had considered COVID, or plant closings for holidays but commodities could be the issue as well.
If I was a betting man would think it would be a parts issue. Supply issues seem to be more common in delaying builds since the plant shutdown. Couple that with the holidays which is probably not helping the situation.

I'm in a similar boat. Ordered (confirmed) 11/18/20, but didn't get my VIN until 12/18/20. It may have been assigned a little bit earlier, but when I had the time, I went and visited my buddy at the dealership in person, he checked his order sheet, and viola, there it was. He showed me where my order with a priority code of 10 was already scheduled for manufacture whereas there were fleet orders and stock orders placed as early as mid September that were still waiting to be scheduled. Based on what I saw on his order sheet there on 12/18, I believe my Tremor will be built no later than 2/8/21. I thought that was the projected delivery date as there were columns with 1/18/21 and 1/22/21 preceding it, but worst case scenario, it was the build date. It's a waiting game regardless. And don't forget, the plants closed the week of Thanksgiving and closed these last 2 weeks of December.

@strogg, your suggestion must definitely could be a factor. It wasn't too long ago when rumors of the 6.7's being in short supply were swirling.

If nothing else, this forum is group therapy for a bunch of men trying to cope with NOT being in control of something in which they're deeply invested. ? It's been my observation that this therapy often results in boxes of aftermarket goodies being stockpiled in anticipation. I know I'm appreciative of the collective insight, imagination, and experience shared in abundance here.

I ordered Nov 3rd with a build date of Jan 4th. I contacted the dealership as nothing had been updated on the Ford website. They said I was pushed back until Feb 8th and I was not alone. They said they have a shortage of Tremor parts as everyone wants one. The pain is almost debilitating. ?

I ordered Nov 3rd with a build date of Jan 4th. I contacted the dealership as nothing had been updated on the Ford website. They said I was pushed back until Feb 8th and I was not alone. They said they have a shortage of Tremor parts as everyone wants one. The pain is almost debilitating. ?
Well...that's not welcome news...for us...right now. Perhaps the unexpected (?) Tremor fervor will benefit us down the road.

That's strange. I ordered mine about the same time, maybe a bit earlier but I don't know the exact day. I got the vin on Nov 5th. They said the truck was schedule to go into production on Nov 23rd. It came in on Dec 16th but I wasn't able to pick it up until the 26th. I wasn't expecting it until January or Feb.

Back