Broken trim from cab top to glass?

nullop

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Lariat Diesel Tremor
Just curious if anyone else has seen this (or checked theirs) ?

I didn’t catch it at the dealer. Have to drive the 1.5 hours back for the repair, they said my nearby dealers wouldn’t fix it since they didn’t sell it to me.

anyway, I checked the other side and it seems like this trim is just pretty tight and it’s lightly held down by this broken piece.

just curious if it’s common.. if so, might just remove it completely and wrap that section black.

Attachments

• 5365FF77-FF7B-4D2A-B6AB-3F2357A6FC06.jpeg
    5365FF77-FF7B-4D2A-B6AB-3F2357A6FC06.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 184

I didn’t catch it at the dealer. Have to drive the 1.5 hours back for the repair, they said my nearby dealers wouldn’t fix it since they didn’t sell it to me.

anyway, I checked the other side and it seems like this trim is just pretty tight and it’s lightly held down by this broken piece.

just curious if it’s common.. if so, might just remove it completely and wrap that section black.
That's horse shit, call your local dealer and tell them you have a warranty item that needs fixed.

Agree with the previous poster. I am thinking the rear window is going to need to come out so they can rivet the new piece back on...and I am not sure how the front end is held on so the windshield may need to come out also.

But that's Ford's problem. I work in Quality Management, and often wonder how this stuff makes it out of the factory...I am guessing that Ford does not feel the need (i.e. loss of profit or loss of sales) to make a change, so they will be OK with the present state as long as we keep snapping up their trucks (and being pretty happy with them overall)!

Had the same issue. The rear window had to come out and it was covered under warranty by a Ford dealer other than where I purchased the truck from.

Had the same issue, used black RTV on the piece and taped it down overnight, been fine since. I was not about to have the dealer remove the glass. Just a poor design if you ask me.

Call your local dealer, they can't refuse the repair. Besides Ford reimburses them for warranty repairs, the dealers looses nothing.

Ford is supposed to fix any issue at any dealership.

So saga continues. Brought it back to the original dealer at their request.

They broke the rear window replacing the trim, which they said is common. New window overnighted in this morning.

Scratched the paint under the rear window putting it in. Wanted to then send it to body shop for 2 days to resolve.

The truck is already going in for wrapping and ceramic coating next week to another place, going to have them send a bill to the dealer to fix the paint, instead of 2 more days in a body shop.

1618002759694.png

1618002738916.png

I would have hit that with some touch up paint, and I'm pretty damn OCD. No way a spray and blend is coming close to my factory paint to fix that tiny scratch in an area no one can hardly see.

The less technicians - body or mechanical - who touch your vehicle the less damage they can cause. It's like the 11th commandment. Take you vehicle in for every single little warranty and service thing you can think of and at the end of a 5 or 6 year ownership period it will look like it went through a small tornado. Those folks are HARD on the stuff they work on, and give a damn is really low.

I would have hit that with some touch up paint, and I'm pretty damn OCD. No way a spray and blend is coming close to my factory paint to fix that tiny scratch in an area no one can hardly see.

The less technicians - body or mechanical - who touch your vehicle the less damage they can cause. It's like the 11th commandment. Take you vehicle in for every single little warranty and service thing you can think of and at the end of a 5 or 6 year ownership period it will look like it went through a small tornado. Those folks are HARD on the stuff they work on, and give a damn is really low.

You articulated this very well. I learned some of this stuff first hand on a new Chevy I had back in the early 1980's.

yup.... I picked it up today without having them fix that part. The flapping trim was the annoying part.. had I realized they'd break the window and then scratch the truck to fix that, I might have just taped it down. lol.

The scratch looks infinitely smaller in person, will have next weeks shop just touch it up and ceramic over it.

Back