Boxlink Cleats Install Issues

kmtweb

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Alumiduty 7.3
Hi Everyone, When I purchased my 2020 F-250 a few weeks ago, there was a blister pack of the box link cleats. The part number is HL3J-9927740-AC. I just opened the package and attempted to install them, but its just about impossible to attach them to the plates in the bed as per the included instructions. It appears that the cleat is not the appropriate shape to slide in and up so that that lock can be engaged. Would anyone happen to know if the part number mentioned above is the correct one? I think these are for another Ford model truck. Thanks in advance.

Funny as I just installed mine this morning bringing home a new ladder.

I had to turn them sideways when pushing them up into the slot. Once I did that then while turning them back flat as they should be I could wrestle them into the top of the slot and then lock them in place.

I don't have part numbers, but mine were very tight to install/remove. A few softly muttered swear words and getting rough with frustration did the trick.

Ed

Just checked my part number on the pack
HL3J-99286D62-AC

Very tight. I took a file to trim a little on one of the sides and it fit perfect. The other three had no issues

My came installed and failed to think of asking for the key. lol So no help from me

Had to grind the rubber slot wider on mine to get to fit.

Mine did not fit at all, I used a grinder to shave down the cleat so it could slide in.

Mine were tight as well. Gave them a couple taps with my rubber mallet and they slid into place.

Just Put your DAM MAN HANDS ON!!! Getter done!!! ???

Hi Everyone, When I purchased my 2020 F-250 a few weeks ago, there was a blister pack of the box link cleats. The part number is HL3J-9927740-AC. I just opened the package and attempted to install them, but its just about impossible to attach them to the plates in the bed as per the included instructions. It appears that the cleat is not the appropriate shape to slide in and up so that that lock can be engaged. Would anyone happen to know if the part number mentioned above is the correct one? I think these are for another Ford model truck. Thanks in advance.
I think it is caused by excessive flash left from the mold to make these Cleats. I had 2 thay would slide in with some extra effort and 2 that wouldn't even start to slide in. Upon closer inspection I could see the flash left in the slots. A little work with the Dremel and they fit great.

Totally sucked getting them on. I ended up using a mallet/lube/grinder (sounds like my wedding night!). Mid install I called the dealership and they shard my frustration. Good luck, it can be done. Seems to be too much material, gently grind or box cutter the excess.

Mine were tight as well, but only one really gave trouble. The trick was to start inserting sideways first and then rotate into position.

Try different ones in different slots. First one I tried was a PITA and then picked up a different one that went right in.

Mine came installed so i'm no help

Latest Discussions

Back