Both batteries replaced

elkr4me

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
ordered 2022 F350 Lariat Tremor
I recently had both batteries replaced following 2 issues...1 was on start up, the truck would crank like two cranks then it would stop, then would start on the next try and 2 I had a power steering fault...both batteries were replaced and I have not had either issue since then

Typical oem garbage. It’s only bound to happen again.

My 2024 came with AGM batteries from the factory. I heard they had so many warrantee replacements of the lead acid batteries, that it was cheaper to just install the AGM's in newer trucks.

Wonder if Enersys makes the AGMs for the Ford SD. I had always planned on taking my Odyssey AGMs (now 2 years old) over to even a new vehicle that I purchase, even if the truck came with factory AGMs.

My 2024 came with AGM batteries from the factory. I heard they had so many warrantee replacements of the lead acid batteries, that it was cheaper to just install the AGM's in newer trucks.
I wonder if warrantying an older model gets these new ones?!

My 2024 has AGMs too. Hope this resolves the crap battery issue.

I have not yet heard of that happening. The AGMs are readily available, its silly they would not fix the issues by nixing the leaky lead acids.
I too have replaced my factory leads when I had about 9,000mi on the clock of a 2022. Could have bought the Motorcraft AGMs from Rock Auto for around $400 but I managed to find NAPA AGMs on sale and am hoping they last. The OEM batteries were leaky and there were electrical gremlins. Examples: dome lights not turning off when parked/locked. Then slow cranking on start. Now I still have to actually fix the damage the leaky ones caused.

If there was any hope of that, I’m sure they would only consider it during the 3/36 or more than likely the 12 month customer satisfaction program (if that even still exists). That opportunity included alignments, batteries and other repetitive or not listed warranty issues.
Ford used to honor outside of warranty claims up to $400 if the Service Mgr requested it as a goodwill gesture for a valued customer. That one went away quite a while ago. Ford started auditing that program and found some dealerships were abusing it so rather than get involved with legal situations, they cancelled it for all dealerships.

It doesn’t. I went through 8 batteries…. Offered to pay the difference, worked a request through corporate and fought it for 6 months. They said no at every angle.

I tried this when I had the batteries in my 22 warrantied. I even offered to pay the difference in price. Unfortunately the only option for AGM was to pay full price. I opted to take the free replacements for now and cross that bridge later.

Bummer that they aren't fixing this for older trucks.

FWIW - When I upgraded mine, I was able to sell the old ones for $20-30ea which slightly helped with the unexpected expense.

Bummer that they aren't fixing this for older trucks.

FWIW - When I upgraded mine, I was able to sell the old ones for $20-30ea which slightly helped with the unexpected expense.
I considered warranty replacement for new lead acids then taking them out immediately then posting for sale to offset new AGMs.

I figured Ford would just offer the same shitty batteries so I picked up some Interstate AGMs from Costco. Learned the factory batteries wouldn’t charge above 40% capacity when trying to do all the FDRS updates. Just about two years old.

My 2022 Tremor came with 2 Motorcraft AGM batteries from the factory. I have not had any issues yet…..🤞

My 2022 Tremor came with 2 Motorcraft AGM batteries from the factory. I have not had any issues yet…..🤞
Very surprised to hear a 2022 came with them, yours is a rare truck then! :)

My 22 started having steering assist issues. Skylight stuck open. To told by dealer that there is no voltage sensor🤷‍♂️. The only way to know voltage is low and batteries going bad is to have random sensor errors. Two new agm batteries and Ali is perfect. They wouldn’t sell me there batteries because they are so bad. Damn 4x4 computer. Ask those sensors and nothing for low voltage!$&@!!!!

Back