Body Roll

Skibum1681

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 6.7 Tremor / 2022 F350 6.7 BAP
Current Ride #2
2011 Harley Road Glide
Does anyone who has had pre-2020 or non Tremor super duties notice more body roll with their Tremor?

I feel significantly more roll going around the curves getting on on the interstate than I did with my leveled 2017 that was also on 35’s. I’m not sure if it’s the smaller sway bar or the Goodyear’s or both but I don’t like it. It’s hard to remember to slow down an additional 20mph than you had to in any other H-D truck I’ve had in the past 15 years on the same curve. :oops:

Does anyone who has had pre-2020 or non Tremor super duties notice more body roll with their Tremor?

I feel significantly more roll going around the curves getting on on the interstate than I did with my leveled 2017 that was also on 35’s. I’m not sure if it’s the smaller sway bar or the Goodyear’s or both but I don’t like it. It’s hard to remember to slow down an additional 20mph than you had to in any other H-D truck I’ve had in the past 15 years on the same curve. :oops:
I think you would be surprised at how much 35x12.5 effect handling. I’m new to the SD and notice very little roll. But I go around corners way slower than I did in my fiesta st. Haha

I had the same size (285/75R18) tires on my 17’. They were Nitto’s and handled awesome for an AT/MT hybrid. At 1,000 mike the Goodyear’s still feel mushy but are getting better, or I’m getting used to them. With the 2.5” level in my 17’ both trucks are also 83.5” tall too so it’s not a height thing.

Side note - Years ago I tried a set of Super Swamper Truxus MT’s on my 2004 GMC 2500. They sucked on the road, almost couldn’t drive the truck on the highway. They make these mushy Goodyear’s feel like formula 1 tires. Lol

Tremors DO have front sway bars and the difference in the front suspension is shocks, spring rates and the smaller diameter sway bar. Any one or combination of these things can cause or contribute to the additional body roll I am feeling over my previous super duty. My 17' did not have a rear sway bar either.

Tremors DO have front sway bars and the difference in the front suspension is shocks, spring rates and the smaller diameter sway bar. Any one or combination of these things can cause or contribute to the additional body roll I am feeling over my previous super duty. My 17' did not have a rear sway bar either.
Obviously we can not make you happy. Sell the Tremor and get a truck that will roll through a corner at 20+ mph more than this slow awful truck called the Tremor.

Why would someone go with a 35 inch tire and not get 12.5 width?

I can't speak on the tremor yet mine is still on order, but I have a 2017 250 with 35x11.50 trail graps . When these tires were new for first couple hundred miles they made the truck feel like it was squirrelly, could it just be your not used to the good years?

Obviously we can not make you happy. Sell the Tremor and get a truck that will roll through a corner at 20+ mph more than this slow awful truck called the Tremor.

Why would someone go with a 35 inch tire and not get 12.5 width?

I don't believe anyone has even tried to "make me happy", nor did I ask for any one to "make me happy". I started a thread to discuss the additional body roll that the Tremor has versus my almost identically set up 17'. I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact.

As far as a 35" tire that is not 12.5" wide; every person in the world that bought a Tremor has purchased 5 - 35" tires that are not 12.5" wide. It appears that the engineers at Ford thought the 285 was the correct tire to put on these trucks. Another reason that people might buy a 35" tire that is not 12.5" wide is because they fit on the stock wheels. Most 12.5" wide tires I am aware of are not approved for an 8" rim. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

Maybe you need to add some air to your tires I haven’t noticed any body roll and I’ve taken turns very fast

What pressures are you running? I'm at 65 in the front and 71 in the rear.

I can't speak on the tremor yet mine is still on order, but I have a 2017 250 with 35x11.50 trail graps . When these tires were new for first couple hundred miles they made the truck feel like it was squirrelly, could it just be your not used to the good years?

It could be that I'm not used to the Goodyears but it feels more like the body rolling (from the small diameter sway bar) rather than the tires flexing and rolling.

I'll be curious what your thoughts are when your Tremor arrives. It sounds like your 17' is set up similar to how mine was.

It could be that I'm not used to the Goodyears but it feels more like the body rolling (from the small diameter sway bar) rather than the tires flexing and rolling.

I'll be curious what your thoughts are when your Tremor arrives. It sounds like your 17' is set up similar to how mine was.
It has a 2" level up , sits almost level , put timbrens in back to reduce squat . I'll definitely give my input , truck should be here in a month or so . Seriously thinking about having dealer swap tires and wheels between the trucks tho , only 7k miles on these tires

I don't believe anyone has even tried to "make me happy", nor did I ask for any one to "make me happy". I started a thread to discuss the additional body roll that the Tremor has versus my almost identically set up 17'. I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact.

As far as a 35" tire that is not 12.5" wide; every person in the world that bought a Tremor has purchased 5 - 35" tires that are not 12.5" wide. It appears that the engineers at Ford thought the 285 was the correct tire to put on these trucks. Another reason that people might buy a 35" tire that is not 12.5" wide is because they fit on the stock wheels. Most 12.5" wide tires I am aware of are not approved for an 8" rim. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.
Since you are attacking anyone who is giving their thoughts, you care less about our opinions. It does not feel exactly like your truck, your current Tremor sucks.

As far as the Tremor 35 inch tire, which Truck that can tow 10k plus comes with 35x12.5 oem?

Since you are attacking anyone who is giving their thoughts, you care less about our opinions. It does not feel exactly like your truck, your current Tremor sucks.

As far as the Tremor 35 inch tire, which Truck that can tow 10k plus comes with 35x12.5 oem?
Who did I attack other than volleying one back at you?

One person stated that the Tremor doesn't have a sway bar, I simply corrected him because they do have a front sway bar.

I'm lost on your whole tire argument. I've read your posts several times to make sure I'm not reading them wrong but it appears your thoughts on 35's change on every post. I think you are trying to say that a 35x12.50 is better than a 35x11.25 (285mm) that comes on a Tremor but then you ask what OEM puts a 12.50 on with more than 10k towing; none that I am aware of. You have to go to a load range F to get close to a 285 load range E tire load capacity.

Who did I attack other than volleying one back at you?

One person stated that the Tremor doesn't have a sway bar, I simply corrected him because they do have a front sway bar.

I'm lost on your whole tire argument. I've read your posts several times to make sure I'm not reading them wrong but it appears your thoughts on 35's change on every post. I think you are trying to say that a 35x12.50 is better than a 35x11.25 (285mm) that comes on a Tremor but then you ask what OEM puts a 12.50 on with more than 10k towing; none that I am aware of. You have to go to a load range F to get close to a 285 load range E tire load capacity.
When people buy aftermarket 35 tires they buy 35x12.5. Since no other full size truck offers 35x12.5 you are stuck with the oem offering.

As for your original question. My truck doesn’t lean and I have no issues with the suspension. If you wanted what you had or what the raptor offers in cornering you are not going to find it with the Tremor.

Well after we installed Sumo Springs on all for corners....we do not have body roll.....and we do not sag when we tow..........

When people buy aftermarket 35 tires they buy 35x12.5. Since no other full size truck offers 35x12.5 you are stuck with the oem offering.

As for your original question. My truck doesn’t lean and I have no issues with the suspension. If you wanted what you had or what the raptor offers in cornering you are not going to find it with the Tremor.

I have run 285's on every truck I've owned since 2004. I have been happy with some and unhappy with others. Not everyone buys 35x12.50's when they buy aftermarket tires. There are dozens of very good and capable 285/75R18 out there. One of which are the Nitto's I had on my 17' which I will likely switch to when the Goodyears are done. I have never said anything about a Raptor, I simply said the same corner I could comfortably go around in my leveled 17' F250, 6.7 on 285's at say 60mph, I now have to go 40mph to feel like it is comfortably going around without the body rolling.

I'm glad you are happy with your suspension and either your 35x12.50's or stock 285's or whatever tires you have. The point of the discussion was to see if anyone else felt any body roll in their tremor that they didn't feel in other super duties. I'll put you in the category that feels no difference.

Either way, thanks for the banter, I like a good argument.

Back