Langosta39

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Waiting on '21 F350 Tremor 7.3 Lariat Ultimate Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2012 Chevy Volt
Hey All,

I've seen some pictures of tremors with body colored grilles, @Worley for one certain example. Is that an option or aftermarket? I have a non-sport Rapid Red coming because I didn't like the blacked out look, but the body color looks really nice. I hope I didn't miss that checkbox! If it is aftermarket it'd be curious to know if it's vinyl or paint, and if it was paint is it a modification or a replacement.

Thanks!

I never saw an option for it. You have wraps, or painting as options. The wrap may be the way to go.

I've never wrapped or has anything wrapped, but this may be my time.

Is this (i.e. color matching and bumper wrapping) a standard skill I should be able to find locally or do I need to be pretty careful in my hunt for an installer?

I know from talking to @Worley when we met up for lunch, (sorry to answer for you brother)
he had a friend of his paint it for him. Personally I can’t vouch for one method of paint matching over another. Love the look though.

A place named BFN Truck Shop has done a lot of work like this. There are other companies, too, but I've seen BFN's nice work, and I've heard good things from their customers. BFN is already in the process of custom painting F350 side badges & mirror caps for me, even though my Tremor isn't due until mid-December. I’m thinking I’ll have my front grille painted separately & later.
A customer can send their own grille, badges, mirror caps, tailgate actuator, etc to BFN to be painted to their liking or BFN can do the work for you with new parts, then you send your like-new OEM parts to them for a credit....at least that is my understanding.

edit: BFN's website isn't fully complete, yet, but here it is: BFN Truck Shop
if you would like to see some of their work, look up Robbie on Facebook (BFN Truck Shop)
Please do me the favor of telling Robbie I (Todd) told you about his business.

Last edited:
I came from a 2016 FX4 F150 with sport package had painted front bumper and fascias. I must have picked up 50 rock chips in a little over 3 years as I bought in Nov of 2016. Course it depends on if you are a left lane driver and the area you live in. They don't maintain shoulders and center lanes like they used to here in Houston. I will never buy another painted front end truck given the choice. Rocks bounce off the chrome no damage. Just something to consider

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

My last last truck was a Dodge that had paper thin chrome that bubbles and rusted, although it did take 10+ years.

How well would vinyl hold up do you think? Would be pulling it off in a couple years due to rock and winter damage?

Hey All,

I've seen some pictures of tremors with body colored grilles, @Worley for one certain example. Is that an option or aftermarket? I have a non-sport Rapid Red coming because I didn't like the blacked out look, but the body color looks really nice. I hope I didn't miss that checkbox! If it is aftermarket it'd be curious to know if it's vinyl or paint, and if it was paint is it a modification or a replacement.

Thanks!
As sludgemonkey said, I had a friend paint mine. I removed and separated the grill parts myself. I purchased a new set of mirror covers from the dealership which was only about $60. I didn’t want exposed mirrors during the paint process. You can save a lot of money by removing the parts yourself and just taking the parts in for paint. The Rapid Red paint is fairly expensive to buy since it is a 3 part process. Luckily my friend painted mine for only $220. I’m not sure if it cost more to paint the black grills versus over chrome. Good luck and the truck will not disappoint.

Back