Bluetooth Phone Calls suck?

bbrett

Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Lariat Tremor
I get complaints all the time from people that they can't hear me and it sounds like im standing 10ft away from my phone. my friend has a F250 also and he said he gets the same complaint. My ram was crystal clear, it annoying having to repeat myself. anyone else having the same issue? I know its not my phone, anyone else have similar complaints?

I get complaints all the time from people that they can't hear me and it sounds like im standing 10ft away from my phone. my friend has a F250 also and he said he gets the same complaint. My ram was crystal clear, it annoying having to repeat myself. anyone else having the same issue? I know its not my phone, anyone else have similar complaints?
Mine works great...crystal clear with my new 5g phone

Bluetooth or CarPlay? I’ve had the same, seems like something is up with CarPlay. If I unplug and plug back in they can magically hear me, as if it was using the phone mic instead of the truck until I reset it. I’ve been having other weird CarPlay issues - sometimes just a black screen, sometimes no CarPlay until I unplug and plug back in. not sure if my phone or the truck but a big pain.

Iv had car play issues also. sometimes when i connect my phone and then try and adjust the radio it is stuck in prompt volume adjustment.

Bluetooth or CarPlay? I’ve had the same, seems like something is up with CarPlay. If I unplug and plug back in they can magically hear me, as if it was using the phone mic instead of the truck until I reset it. I’ve been having other weird CarPlay issues - sometimes just a black screen, sometimes no CarPlay until I unplug and plug back in. not sure if my phone or the truck but a big pain.
Im just using bluetooth

I've had some people say it sounds like there's an echo when I am using Bluetooth on my Note 10. Other times it seems fine. Maybe it's a signal strength or coverage issue in my case.

Think the Tremor is bad, try the blue tooth phone in an FCA product.

Iv had car play issues also. sometimes when i connect my phone and then try and adjust the radio it is stuck in prompt volume adjustment.
I've had the same and it is getting more regular. The other day had to turn the truck off and on to fix it. I guess it's not my phone...

Yes to your first question, I get that a lot actually, but then I move my phone out of the center console cup holders and put it on the top arm center rest and within about 30 seconds they can hear me much better.

There's a known issue that matches what you describe and it affects many of us on this forum. Essentially the issue is related to having Waze on your phone and attaching to the truck via Apple Carplay. That issue in particular is a result of Waze taking over your microphone on your phone so you can do voice requests, but when you get a call and you answer it, Waze doesn't release your microphone and essentially you get a poor microphone experience for the people on the other end of the phone which sounds exactly as the OP described above. There's supposed to be an update coming from Waze about this. Also, a Sync update did also come out not that long ago which was mentioned earlier.

If the issue is purely from Bluetooth and not CarPlay, it may be vehicle microphone related. You could also try unpairing and re-pairing your phone. Seems there's numerous gremlins at play with these infotainment systems.

Think the Tremor is bad, try the blue tooth phone in an FCA product.

My 2019 Ram Limited was Crystal Clear and no one ever knew I was actually talking in my truck. the 12.1" UConnect system is another story. POS

My 2019 Ram Limited was Crystal Clear and no one ever knew I was actually talking in my truck. the 12.1" UConnect system is another story. POS
Ram is probably better than Jeep Wrangler

Is the 12.1 Uconnect not in the Ram? My uconnect in my 12 JK Rubi was good, just had too much road noise in the jeep. Haha

mine is clear as day no issues

bump- been having this issue with 2021 tremor. any fix? I think it was just when using car play but i'll try just bluetooth. if no fix i guess ill pick up some airpods

Mine works well

bump- been having this issue with 2021 tremor. any fix? I think it was just when using car play but i'll try just bluetooth. if no fix i guess ill pick up some airpods
I get the same when using CarPlay - there is another thread that blames that on Waze, but whether Waze is installed or not it does the same for me and 2/3 of the time it isn't working (I think it is leaving the truck speakers but using the phone mic). If I'm not using CarPlay about half the time the bluetooth connection gets crackly and I end up switching to the phone. Very frustrating and no solution in sight.

dang. i may end up disconnecting BT and using carplay for pandora and getting some airpod pros for calls

Back