Bluetooth Phone Calls suck?

There are multiple, lengthy, recent threads about this.

tl;dr There is a recent iOS update that (14.6) that addresses the volume issue and has resolved it for some (not all people.)

There is a iOS beta (14.7 and 15.0) that addresses other CarPlay issues.

If you are running the latest iOS and the latest Sync and still have issues, file a bug report with Apple. They are working actively on these problems.

File a complaint with Ford as well, as Ford (Sync) updates also continually break the integration.

Neither of them are reading forums.

Also, it seems YMMV depending on what model iPhone you have. Those with an iPhone 12 *seem to be* experiencing fewer issues than those with iPhone 11. (But iPhone 12 is not a silver bullet.)

I get the same when using CarPlay - there is another thread that blames that on Waze, but whether Waze is installed or not it does the same for me and 2/3 of the time it isn't working (I think it is leaving the truck speakers but using the phone mic). If I'm not using CarPlay about half the time the bluetooth connection gets crackly and I end up switching to the phone. Very frustrating and no solution in sight.

Say more about this “2/3 of the time it isn’t working” comment?

I haven’t heard other complaints about this being intermittent or dependent on car speaker use. You may have a clue on your hands…

Say more about this “2/3 of the time it isn’t working” comment?

I haven’t heard other complaints about this being intermittent or dependent on car speaker use. You may have a clue on your hands…
iPhone 12, iOS 14.6
If I am using CarPlay either plugged in directly OR wireless CarPlay via CPlay2Air (cplay2air.com - which has its own issues and reboots every time you issue a voice command...), then the mic typically works for a short call or for a couple of calls and then stops working.

I have read on other forums that you have to downgrade your sync version to an earlier build but not sure what one without looking..if I could figure out how to
Do it I would because it’s a real pain

I use bluetooth and have not had any issues or complaints.
X2 - I read these threads daily and I guess I'm thankful. I haven't downloaded a Sync update since receiving the truck on 4/9/21 and my Iphone connects to the truck immediately when I start the truck vial bluetooth. I stream Pandora and the phone works perfectly through the truck speakers and microphone. I'm subscribed to the ATT wifi hotspot service and the phone also connects to it seamlessly and is very fast. The only thing I know is I don't and never have used Carplay.

Mine works most of the time. But there are more times than I would like to admit that the people on the other end of the line say everything has an echo (super annoying) or that I sound like a robot (which I do not, at least I dont think so?). I just hang up and call back and it usually resolves it.

I haven’t tried this yet but plan to if you go to cyan labs and downgrade to build number 3.4 build number 19101 it is supposed to resolve all the CarPlay issues..if your not familiar with cyan labs you should check it out it is really handy and you can try sync versions that are in beta as well

Mine works most of the time. But there are more times than I would like to admit that the people on the other end of the line say everything has an echo (super annoying) or that I sound like a robot (which I do not, at least I dont think so?). I just hang up and call back and it usually resolves it.
I get the echo thing frequently when just calling someone from the cell phone apart from the truck. I think that's just problems in the local cellular system.

I get complaints all the time from people that they can't hear me and it sounds like im standing 10ft away from my phone. my friend has a F250 also and he said he gets the same complaint. My ram was crystal clear, it annoying having to repeat myself. anyone else having the same issue? I know its not my phone, anyone else have similar complaints?
I finally solved this today! I have the most up to date softwware which did nothing. Simply delete your phone from bluetooth and only use the cord connected to sync or do not connect to the cord and only use bluetooth.

Back