JimmyZ

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Lariat Tremor 6.7 Max Tow
Hey fellow Tremorheads
I have a 2021 F350 Lariat Tremor 6.7
Love it!!!
But one thing I noticed is…….it seems as though my blind spot warning light on my side view mirror comes on when cars are fairly close to coming up next to me.
What I’m trying to say is that the warning doesn’t come on as soon as I think it should????
Other vehicles seem to notice the oncoming car a lot sooner.

Anyone else experiencing this with their truck??
Anyway of adjusting it??

Thanks for your help!

There are two warnings, a sound from cross traffic or head on and the light when a vehicle is beside you. They all work on sensors and calibration.

The mirror light in my opinion should only be on when someone is beside you. You should have the understanding not to move over if someone is going 90 from behind in the lane next to you and your going 70.
If they are behind you, next lane over, you can see them.

The cool thing with these big mirrors also is you can adjust to see partial blind spot which can’t be done in the 150.

Test out the lights by driving slowly by parallel park cars see exactly when the light goes on or off. Contact your dealer if you think it’s not safe.

+1 to what Richtor said.

No way I know of to adjust it, but it definitely seems calibrated to only come on if someone is actually beside you, i.e. you would actually hit them if you moved over.

IMO this seems correct since if they're farther back you should be able to see them in your mirror and judge for yourself. Goal is to prevent you from moving over when someone is in your blind spot and you can't see them in your mirror.

The BLIS system can be programmed as you enter in a length when towing and you setup the trailer in the instrument panel. Not sure if you could change that value without towing though (maybe with forscan). One could workaround this by plugging in dummy trailer plug and then creating a fake trailer in the dash towing menu. You could then add 1-30' of warning behind and to the side of your truck.

The BLIS system can be programmed as you enter in a length when towing and you setup the trailer in the instrument panel. Not sure if you could change that value without towing though (maybe with forscan). One could workaround this by plugging in dummy trailer plug and then creating a fake trailer in the dash towing menu. You could then add 1-30' of warning behind and to the side of your truck.
Now I'm picturing a Super Duty towing a 1 foot long trailer. :ROFLMAO:

Back