Blacked out headlights

Trentw

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 6.7 Tremor
Wow, Just so everyone knows. splitting the housings on these headlights SUCK! took 14 hours! But it turned out pretty good. Swapped to LED bulbs and adjusted the beam. MUCH brighter than stock.

Attachments

• 20200815_110821_HDR_resized.jpg
    20200815_110821_HDR_resized.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 2,681
  • 20200815_114038_resized.jpg
    20200815_114038_resized.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 20200815_192223_resized.jpg
    20200815_192223_resized.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 20200815_192254_resized.jpg
    20200815_192254_resized.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 20200816_105257_resized.jpg
    20200816_105257_resized.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 20200816_105500_HDR_resized.jpg
    20200816_105500_HDR_resized.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 274
Looks great!

What LED replacement bulbs did you go with?
Headlights
Fogs
Switchback Turn
Marker

14 hours? Should have just ordered from the factory.
Trust me... I regretted it by hour 3. Unfortunately This was the only optioned Tremor in the entire western united states that had all the stuff i wanted... except a sun roof and LED headlights.... but I needed a truck ASAP. Live and learn. Maybe they will come out with some decent aftermarket headlights in the next year or two. this will work for now i guess.

Trust me... I regretted it by hour 3. Unfortunately This was the only optioned Tremor in the entire western united states that had all the stuff i wanted... except a sun roof and LED headlights.... but I needed a truck ASAP. Live and learn. Maybe they will come out with some decent aftermarket headlights in the next year or two. this will work for now i guess.
It will !

I was fortunate enough to be able to order and wait. But after looking at reviews of the Led that became a must have, I 5hought about after market now glad I didn’t .

Nice job! That's a serious time commitment :)

Yes love it!

Headlights
Fogs
Switchback Turn
Marker

Thank-you for providing the links to the bulbs you installed.

I noticed you changed out the amber turn signal (located between the dual headlights) to white, was this intentional and legal?

Nice work. If you’re in SoCal let me know so you can hammer out mine.. ha...

I noticed you changed out the amber turn signal (located between the dual headlights) to white, was this intentional and legal?

I think with these LED's the light themselves change color so the lenses doesn't have to be a certain color.

FOR EXAMPLE: The lights on top of the super duty for 2020 are white, but when turned on they are amber. So I think I am not sure, that this persons headlights will work the same, but some of the other dudes here are WAYYYYY more experienced with mods, and fords, and LEDS than me. I just cant wait for my truck and to get rid of this lack of power wagon.

Can someone point me in the direction to add factory cab lights? It’s the only option I didn’t get but wanted. I assume the tremor version is blacked out??

Can someone point me in the direction to add factory cab lights? It’s the only option I didn’t get but wanted. I assume the tremor version is blacked out??
I like the cab lights on the Raptor much better than the top. Could you go this route(cab lights in the grill rather than on top)?

Wow, Just so everyone knows. splitting the housings on these headlights SUCK! took 14 hours! But it turned out pretty good. Swapped to LED bulbs and adjusted the beam. MUCH brighter than stock.
Looks great, did you swap out your headlamp or just add the black to the oem lamps? We’re the bulbs direct plug and play, no wiring needed?

Recon would be your best bet. A few YouTube videos and forum posts in the superduty forums should give you some guidance.

Most dealers will not install after truck is built due to high potential for leaks

Yes, I put switchback LED's in. They change to amber when you turn your signal on. When you turn it off they switch back to white. So For example if you notice on the premium Superdutys they have the white LED strips then turn yellow when you put your turn signal on. same principal. If you look at the link to the bulb you can see a video of how it works.

Last edited:
Looks great, did you swap out your headlamp or just add the black to the oem lamps? We’re the bulbs direct plug and play, no wiring needed?
So there is a chrome shroud inside the headlight I just painted matte black. The actual reflectors are a separate chrome piece. Bulbs were plug and play. You will need to aim them down/adjust them as they are much brighter and will shine in peoples eyes if you don't. I got brighted a bunch of times the first night when I was towing my trailer, had to pull over and do it on the side of a grocery store wall.

Last edited:
Yes, I put switchback LED's in. They change to amber when you turn your signal on. When you turn it off they switch back to white. So For example if you notice on the premium Superdutys they have the white LED strips then turn yellow when you put your turn signal on. same principal. If you look at the link to the bulb you can see a video of how it works.

Hi TrentW,
I like the "switchback" lights! Thanks for bringing them to my attention, I will definitely be including them when I convert to LED.

Did the bulbs on on my dads Tremor plug play easy installation after u take the grille off. TFL truck has a good video to show the process. I attached the before and after. All headlights and fogs are from amazon alla lighting. EXTREMELY brigh my dad gets flashed all the time for being too bright. Also have a out video if u want to request it.

Attachments

• 20200804_171428.jpg
    20200804_171428.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200414_163250.jpg
    20200414_163250.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200415_092727.jpg
    20200415_092727.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 45
Did the bulbs on on my dads Tremor plug play easy installation after u take the grille off. TFL truck has a good video to show the process. I attached the before and after. All headlights and fogs are from amazon alla lighting. EXTREMELY brigh my dad gets flashed all the time for being too bright. Also have a out video if u want to request it.
Yup, Same problem when I swapped mine to LED's got brighted all the time until I adjusted them. The LED's are longer/shorter than the factory bulb so it throws the light diffrent and almost always higher in the housing than the OEM bulbs do. They have the same cutoff lines as OEM but they are way too high. To compensate YOU HAVE TO ADJUST THEM DOWN after you swap to LED's or they will be right in people's eyes. I didn't realize it either and did the exact same thing as you did. They need to be adjusted down quite a bit or its quite dangerous to other drivers. If you don't your low beams will be high beams and your high beams are usless because they are shining into the sky and not on the road.

Back