Blacked out emblems & lights?

2020TremorFreud

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Airforce
Current Ride
2011 Ford F-250 6.7 Fx4 package. Ordered 2020 F-250 platinum with Tremor package
Does anyone know when and if I could order the blacked out emblems, side badges and blacked out Led Quad lights? I ordered the Star White Platinum Ed with Tremor pkg but you couldn't get the blacked out stuff with the Platinum so I was thinking maybe I could just order them from Ford and switch them out but can't find them anywhere.

In the event that any of us with the sport package needed auto body repair work I would definitely assume that they could be ordered through ford. I would call your dealer, or auto repair shop.

If the 2020 Fords are like the 2019 versions just the regular LED Headlights were around $1200 a piece. I imagine the blacked out ones from the 2020 Lariat Sport probably cost more than that. Also keep in mind last year it required cutting into and splicing the wiring harness to adapt from halogen to LED lights. This was the main reason I held off from buying a 2019 model, as I was not willing to pay twice what the original option cost from the factory or cut and splice into the wiring harness. I also imagine they would not be covered under Ford's warranty.

There are many posts about these modifications for the 2019 vehicles, just do a quick search for them.

If the 2020 Fords are like the 2019 versions just the regular LED Headlights were around $1200 a piece. I imagine the blacked out ones from the 2020 Lariat Sport probably cost more than that. Also keep in mind last year it required cutting into and splicing the wiring harness to adapt from halogen to LED lights. This was the main reason I held off from buying a 2019 model, as I was not willing to pay twice what the original option cost from the factory or cut and splice into the wiring harness. I also imagine they would not be covered under Ford's warranty.

There are many posts about these modifications for the 2019 vehicles, just do a quick search for them.

His is a platinum so they should already have LED, just not blacked out ones

Correct you are, not enough coffee this morning.

Using the 2019 parts prices:

LED Headlamps $1618.45 each
Fender name plates $143.03 each (Not blacked out price)
Door Handles $254.82 each (are no longer listed as available paint to match)
Then one would have to find a paint and body shop to remove, prep, paint and reinstall the front grill and tailgate applique.

Keep in mind this was just a quick guess using the prices of 2019 parts. The 2020 parts may cost around the same or more, hard telling as those part numbers and prices are not readily available as of now. Added all together I would estimate around $5000 to black out a platinum.

Wow, that’s how much for EACH headlight? WOW!

That’s the stock replacement price, you can find them cheaper from some Ford dealers. Hell thats probably why you have to pay extra to get the LED lights covered under the extended warranty.

Makes my stomach hurt thinking about that, also makes my sport package look cheap. Super awesome lights too, way better than what I just came from.

I was totally impressed with the lights, though I really haven’t found anything I would complain about yet.

Well I'll have the led headlights already just not the blacked out ones.

And I'll pay whatever it is to get them. I still can't believe when you "custom" order a truck you can't get it exactly the way you want it. I wanted the limited with the Tremor pkg really and no can't do that then I asked well ok I'll get the platinum but can I get the limited seats nope can't do that either. Ok can I get the platinum with the blacked out pkg nope can't do that either... I was like dang... lol

Then if prices stay around the same the headlights will run between $2500 - $3200 for the pair. Your best bet would be to find a body shop the paint the rest of the parts. The black side vents are stamped Lariat and the door handles are body colored. The chrome door handles, mirror caps, grill and tailgate appliqué would all need painted to black out your Platinum.

Attachments

• 150C13C9-50B5-43C7-913A-D60839B48AAB.jpeg
    150C13C9-50B5-43C7-913A-D60839B48AAB.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 65
  • 3EEBAB66-AB4D-4ECB-8B66-12E2B2F95593.jpeg
    3EEBAB66-AB4D-4ECB-8B66-12E2B2F95593.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 63
You didn’t order a custom truck, you simply ordered a truck with the available options you wanted for your appropriate trim level.

Last edited:
Yep I've already contacted a couple places to do those. But I shouldn't need to splice anything with the lights since I already have the quad beam headlights correct?

I thought the same thing when I wanted the camel interior instead of the black... nope can't do that with magnetic... ok, well lets go oxford white then with camel and the sport package... nope can't do the sport package with oxford white... *rolls eyes* lol

It’s a Ford not a Ferrari. It’s not custom at all. They have to work within the confines of production ability. Remember that they build and sell a quarter million of these things every year.

The best you can do is order one from Ford as close to the way you want it. The aftermarket exists to help the owner make their vehicles the way they want them. It gives us something else to spend money on.

Best of luck in your customizing. Keep us updated on your journey to making it your own.

It’s a Ford not a Ferrari. It’s not custom at all. They have to work within the confines of production ability. Remember that they build and sell a quarter million of these things every year.

I get it, but on a lariat why can't I have my choice of the 2 "lariat leathers" why does the outside color determine what leather color I am able to have on the inside? Other parts of the ordering process I agree with you on but the leather was just stupid to me.

Now, to be honest though. First time I saw my trucks black leather I was really really happy with it... just not going to love it in august and september here in Texas. HOT HOT HOT

Back