Blacked out 250 with Tints??

TimmyTheKid17

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Awaiting: ‘21 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
Anyone have an agate black F250 with the black appearance package and has tinted their windows? Thinking about doing this and was wondering if anyone else had pictures to share of a similar config.

EB1D4E33-B276-4E12-9745-7674C3D8279D.jpeg

Its a 350 but they look identical...

These are not the best pictures but here are a few I snapped during a 2,400 mile road trip last week.

20% on the Driver and Passenger side front windows. 55% over the factory tint on the rear glass and 70% on the windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_072303__01.jpg
    IMG_20210227_072303__01.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20210220_180747__01.jpg
    IMG_20210220_180747__01.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 206
These are not the best pictures but here are a few I snapped during a 2,400 mile road trip last week.

20% on the Driver and Passenger side front windows. 55% over the factory tint on the rear glass and 70% on the windshield.
I don’t know how people do the windshield. How the heck do you see anything at night? I find myself rolling my windows down oftentimes at night so I can see things

I don’t know how people do the windshield. How the heck do you see anything at night? I find myself rolling my windows down oftentimes at night so I can see things
70 percent is not terribly dark. If anything it makes night driving better as it almost completely eliminates glare from oncoming headlights.

Now with that said I wouldn't recommend going any darker. My local tint shop was trying to push me into 55% on the windshield, that wasn't going to happen.

70 percent is not terribly dark. If anything it makes night driving better as it almost completely eliminates glare from oncoming headlights.

Now with that said I wouldn't recommend going any darker. My local tint shop was trying to push me into 55% on the windshield, that wasn't going to happen.

Here is a side view to see how it matches between front and back.

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_165908__01.jpg
    IMG_20210115_165908__01.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 192

True. Factory front glass is 70% on the fronts

My wife has a 30% tint on her windshield of her blacked out Expedition and it actually cuts down the glare from oncoming headlights. I’m definitely doing it to the truck as soon as it’s delivered.

My wife has a 30% tint on her windshield of her blacked out Expedition and it actually cuts down the glare from oncoming headlights. I’m definitely doing it to the truck as soon as it’s delivered.
But how about seeing things that are not illuminated? Such as pedestrians etc
Because I know with my fronts tinted I can’t see Shit that’s not illuminated at night. Especially if it’s inclement weather

I’m going to see if the camera phone will give it justice. Be back shortly with a tint/non tint comparison

Are you saying it’s tinted to 30%? My Mustang is tinted to 50% and it looks darker than that. My truck is going to 50% too. Best I can get with my prescription.

Are you saying it’s tinted to 30%? My Mustang is tinted to 50% and it looks darker than that. My truck is going to 50% too. Best I can get with my prescription.
Yeah I definitely wouldn’t want to go as dark as 30% on my windshield. I’ve got 70% on mine and it’s fine.

It’s 1 shade lighter than the side windows. I’m going to do the exact same thing to my truck when it comes in. Like I said night driving is hardly different than the non tint and in some cases even better. Daytime you don’t need sunglasses

Back