Black series trailers

Whyte Rhyno

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Yeah we just happened upon them. Been drooling over them for the last few days. Never considered a camper trailer because they never seemed rugged enough for more than a koa. Need to find a dealer near us to check one out.

Opus15 is a good comparison to the black series. Has a king size bed and 2 bunks.

Attachments

• ADCC7D6F-B613-45E4-86CF-A5C84F4338B0.jpeg
    ADCC7D6F-B613-45E4-86CF-A5C84F4338B0.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 272
I have a Bruder EXP-6 on order that will arrive in May, I will provide photos and input when I get it. BRUDER EXP-6
We’ve been looking at the bruder as well. Looks awesome and very capable. But I’ve heard that the price is north of 80k but can’t find info to confirm that.

Love them, part of the reason for picking the tremor over a Tundra. Honestly the pricing for them doesn’t seem too crazy
Do you own one or ever toured one? Love to get your input. The pricing seems reasonable for what you get.

Opus15 is a good comparison to the black series. Has a king size bed and 2 bunks.
I think I just watched your walk around video on YouTube. Was that you? Trailer looks cool.

I have a Bruder EXP-6 on order that will arrive in May, I will provide photos and input when I get it. BRUDER EXP-6
Nice! I was very interested in the model as well, but could never get a sales guy to call me back. I really do like the pull out king bed in the OP though. But Bruder looks like a sweet set up. Sure you will love it.

We’ve been looking at the bruder as well. Looks awesome and very capable. But I’ve heard that the price is north of 80k but can’t find info to confirm that.
Mine is $155k Australian Dollars. The Aussie dollar is very cheap right now for us Americans, and getting cheaper by the day.

Mine is $155k Australian Dollars. The Aussie dollar is very cheap right now for us Americans, and getting cheaper by the day.
So roughly 100k in USD. Not cheap but then again the construction of it looks spectacular. I love the seamless construction and the flat belly without hoses and tanks hanging out in plain view. Wish I could tour one in person. Maybe they'll have out at Overland expo this year. Or you could drive by our house the next time you visit Montana!

I looked into them, ultimately decided against it. Too much worry about construction quality. Yeah, it's probably better than your run of the mill TT, but the mfgr and dealer support didn't seem to be there. Also noticed a few wiring/plumbing "No-No''s" in pictures and decided to not look further.

I looked into them, ultimately decided against it. Too much worry about construction quality. Yeah, it's probably better than your run of the mill TT, but the mfgr and dealer support didn't seem to be there. Also noticed a few wiring/plumbing "No-No''s" in pictures and decided to not look further.
I've never owned a trailer before. What issues did you spot? I've seen some water lines and waste tank hoses dangling below the frame rails on a few pictures. That got me worried a little.

I've never owned a trailer before. What issues did you spot? I've seen some water lines and waste tank hoses dangling below the frame rails on a few pictures. That got me worried a little.

Electrical connections and water lines in scary proximity, general wiring poor practice, etc. on the flip side if you look at Turtleback trailers the exact opposite. Of course they are a different style but the quality is much higher imho

Sorry I am a bit late to the party., only just noticed this thread.

The Black Series camper trailers have only been around a few years. Assuming we are talking about the same brand. The company behind them used to make camper trailers in Australia under the GIC brand name. I bought one in 2013 and it was fairly basic although solidly constructed. The main water hose at the back did concern me but never gave problems. I did though find that when I went around corners the water would flow out the vent and also the filler. In line taps corrected this. The instructions were woefully inadequate and it took hours to figure out.

One day I was passing by the factory and the GIC name was gone, replaced with Black Series. Then I discovered that they were no longer made in Australia but imported from China. The range was substantially increased but I have no first hand knowledge of them.

There are extreme duty off road camper trailer brands available in Australia, but if I was in the market for one I don’t think Black Series would be one of them. The good ones you can take places I don’t think a Tremor could go.

Am I correct in thinking that there are limited options for extreme off road camper trailers in North America?

Everytime I think I found a well made trailer....it isn"t....and I land right back to Grand Design......

Back